• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Line of Sight Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
When I bind a spell that targets someone specifically (e.g. /bind pray <playername>) it will constantly tell me that I don't have line of sight to target unless I manage to find the place where there is it. This space seems to be fairly random, but will usually exist right next to them. Furthermore, this happened despite hoving over the target and casting the spell untargeted will work fine while the direct bind will not.

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
This happened to me a few times when I healed in MA. I could have a bind set for someone who was right in front of me or next to me, but the bind would not go off due to line of sight issues, but the closest I was to fixing this issue was just jumping up and down while pressing my bind and it would sometimes go off.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
When using /skill bandage <user> it used to not heal only if the user was say behind a block, up against a wall, funny angles etc.
Now when you use the command it does not heal looking away from the person, looking directly at the person. i stood about one block away from Jmoney in MA and used /skill bandage jmoney and it said i was not in line of sight. The only way i managed to heal him was binding bandage was binding it to an item and right clicking.
This is all i know for now, ill look into it more when i get home from Uni. (unless you have fixed it by then ;))
It's extremely hard to heal with bad ping and having to aim at the user haha. Good luck with finding the issue.

To note: i haven't actually tried it outside of MA, not sure if that is causing it or not. But i assume it happens everywhere.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I believe this issue sprouted up because of how we changed some distance calculations - I really think it would be affecting all skills not just healing ones. @Sleaker is looking into it, hopefully we can figure it out :D

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Can you not heal by just doing '/bind bandage' and then manully finding them and right clicking?
I can heal fine using /skill bandage, well atleast Im pretty sure I can. Should be like healing via a binded item.
I can confirm that forcepull, push and ironfist distances were not affected in this change.

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Can you not heal by just doing '/bind bandage' and then manully finding them and right clicking?
I can heal fine using /skill bandage, well atleast Im pretty sure I can. Should be like healing via a binded item.
I can confirm that forcepull, push and ironfist distances were not affected in this change.

Thanks, keep up the good work!
K so its this very specific bind argument when you pre-select a player... it has to be the distance square change..

Status
Not open for further replies.