• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Level values

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with this. Would be nice. I just go by overall nowadays, since my goal is level 50

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Nope, its a formula that isnt provided - also "100k" may not be the amount forever so it wont be released unless one of the coders wants to share the math with you.

100k -> 1-50 at curve of 1.2 power

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Havent you recurved it before? and still kept it at 100k? And damn, I think if T3 classes ever come out, they should require more that 100k for sure.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The leveling is too fast I think. A class shouldn't be able to mastered in one day. I was hoping for 3-5 days at least by the 'hardcore' gamer and 2-3 weeks by the average.

nmtonj

Soulsand
The leveling is too fast I think. A class shouldn't be able to mastered in one day. I was hoping for 3-5 days at least by the 'hardcore' gamer and 2-3 weeks by the average.

It has taken me nearly 2 weeks to reach level 45 druid, even with the double exp weekend that was available.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
1 day, I dont think you realized how many hours Tigo and I put into mining. 5 MST - 1am, then 9 - 8. It was about 19 hours of Pure powerleveling mining. I didnt ever stop for mats except gold and diamonds. The rest of my inventory was wood, iron, and pickaxes.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Each set of 50 levels consists of 100k xp, even the specs. Just to clarify for those who don't know.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
ONE DAY? Ha, I've been Unmastered Dragoon for months, I honestly can't imagine mastering in one day. Not only would raising the xp amound totaly fuck people like me over but it would also make Stronghold sad. See, between my evil parents and responsibilities in game I have about 30 seconds per week to work on leveling.

yeah, Stronghold no want this exp change

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
Kain, I think the issue is that mining in Minecraft can be theorycrafted to maximize gains by quite a bit. I know for a fact that my ability to mine for experience is a lot faster than those I hear about because I have seen their strip mining designs.

People who remain focus while mining and have a good foundation on the way ores spawn will level to 50 in about 25 hours, gaining 3500-4500 exp an hour (based on my personal statistics). Now ad X-ray and other advantageous mods into the equation and that will be a bit faster as you can expect and you should fully be aware of it happening when deducing leveling rates.

Mining in minecraft is similar to mindless grinding in a Korean MMO except less exciting to some and more to others. It can take a whole lot longer to level for someone who does not keep their focus and has poor mining fundamentals.

Would it be fair to double, tripple, even decuple (1000000 exp/250 hours) experience needed? Probably yeah if you want this server to resemble mmorpgs popular in the East or mmorpgs of 10 years ago in the West. I warn you however that you will likely lose a lot of followers if the grind were increased too much more.