• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lets Face it....

Dfergy123

Iron
What about that plugin that lets trees spread, like a sapling drops around them and plants its self in the ground. so trees could plant and grow across the map. As for holes and what not that's just group effort to make the map nicer. I dont mind finding a forge or a workbench when i need one lol.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
The map is old, and it needs to be wiped eventually. But maybe we should go with something different for the next map.

If I were to run a server (again), although I never will, I'd make the main map an "adventure map" and have a small resource map that would be wiped every month or so. The main map would remain beautiful because most or all of it could only be changed by staff. It could contain dungeons, questing areas, training areas, scenic areas, and areas of interest. I haven't thought how to fit towns in, maybe users could "request" underground or aboveground areas for towns, and when the town dies, the land would be wiped and restored.

Also I'd use an external map maker tool to create the map. With some effort, it looks much better than the terrain naturally generated and you can create natural borders like mountains or oceans. It also gives you more control on the terrain near your main city or dungeons. You also have the advantage of preventing caves and resources from spawning, which means many more mobs on the surface to kill and little need for anti-xray measures in the main world.

This solution has its obvious benefits, and would most likely be more immersive. I believe Kainzo once mentioned a quest/dungeon/arena world, so I'm hoping those plans are similar.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Would it be possible to make a quest mob? Like go plant 12 trees and the NPC will give you 5c etc. etc. Have it be repeatable. I think that would follow the fantasy/medieval herocraft theme. Plus it might make towns want to consider an 'industry' to make money. i.e. xyz hamlet might specialize in lumberjack, another town might farm wheat or melon etc. etc.

It might result in a really drastic economic change though.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Would it be possible to make a quest mob? Like go plant 12 trees and the NPC will give you 5c etc. etc. Have it be repeatable. I think that would follow the fantasy/medieval herocraft theme. Plus it might make towns want to consider an 'industry' to make money. i.e. xyz hamlet might specialize in lumberjack, another town might farm wheat or melon etc. etc.

It might result in a really drastic economic change though.

Yes, it is very possible. Although creating a mob that randomly spawns and gives quests would take some work. Could be done with special villager types.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The map is old, and it needs to be wiped eventually. But maybe we should go with something different for the next map.

If I were to run a server (again), although I never will, I'd make the main map an "adventure map" and have a small resource map that would be wiped every month or so. The main map would remain beautiful because most or all of it could only be changed by staff. It could contain dungeons, questing areas, training areas, scenic areas, and areas of interest. I haven't thought how to fit towns in, maybe users could "request" underground or aboveground areas for towns, and when the town dies, the land would be wiped and restored.

Also I'd use an external map maker tool to create the map. With some effort, it looks much better than the terrain naturally generated and you can create natural borders like mountains or oceans. It also gives you more control on the terrain near your main city or dungeons. You also have the advantage of preventing caves and resources from spawning, which means many more mobs on the surface to kill and little need for anti-xray measures in the main world.

This solution has its obvious benefits, and would most likely be more immersive. I believe Kainzo once mentioned a quest/dungeon/arena world, so I'm hoping those plans are similar.

First of all, this isn't about new maps, it's about fixing the issue of barren lands, ugly holes, ect ect, which we've already produced solutions for (and put them into practice, which has worked very well).

Second of all, the ''resource'' map is already out - it's called Warshard.

Thirdly, the ''adventure'' map is in development.

Also, having the admins create a world for us would be boring, giving us no control. The joy of making a town is watching it grow, to become bigger and bigger in size. I'd happily leave a map naturally generated, to allow the players to build on it. If people WANTED a sexy looking mountain, a super big ocean, or a giant lava pit, they could build it, not having the admins do it for them.

GiantBeardedFace

Legacy Supporter 8
I use a grow cycle on my sandbox at home that spreads vegitation (trees, grass, any thing that grows) pending on density of intitial vegitation over time. seeds spread no matter how much you dig, and destroy (
"@#&$, nature you scarey!"
) . Also makes my world feel alive when I see grass, or a tree grow in the morning as I exit a cave.
as for the terran. You could also have areas smooth over time in the wilderness based on radius of flow control or population density. Least traveled paths, smooth faster over time.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I use a grow cycle on my sandbox at home that spreads vegitation (trees, grass, any thing that grows) pending on density of intitial vegitation over time. seeds spread no matter how much you dig, and destroy (
"@#&$, nature you scarey!"
) . Also makes my world feel alive when I see grass, or a tree grow in the morning as I exit a cave.
as for the terran. You could also have areas smooth over time in the wilderness based on radius of flow control or population density. Least traveled paths, smooth faster over time.

I don't understand how this is helpful. The solution is there: Just go and plant some god damn trees! :p also patch up holes and plant grass if you can! ;)

GiantBeardedFace

Legacy Supporter 8
Sorry, thought people where throwing around ideas on correcting ravaged land. Just sharing mine, that I have implemented, while hoping to play on this server.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes, there will be a Dungeon World, most likely set in Adventure Mode. :)
still debating about that as there are a few puzzle/trap ideas that require the player to place blocks.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
still debating about that as there are a few puzzle/trap ideas that require the player to place blocks.
Well, in 1.4 there will be the command blocks. You could use these to set the player's gamemode as 0/survival in those dungeons, and then when they leave have another for setting the gamemode as 2/Adventure. Of course, you would have to hold off on at least those dungeons until 1.4 is released.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well, in 1.4 there will be the command blocks. You could use these to set the player's gamemode as 0/survival in those dungeons, and then when they leave have another for setting the gamemode as 2/Adventure. Of course, you would have to hold off on at least those dungeons until 1.4 is released.
Or... I could just disable building within the world and allow it in certain areas using regions...