• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let every class have a "Track" Skill

What do you think?

• Total voters

Davoguha

Stone
Don't want to snipe at all the rangers out there, but personally I feel like rangers tracking ability almost completely ruins the class. Rather constantly risking the dangers of the wilderness as you would imagine a ranger would be doing, they can simply kick back and "track" people across the world to make their money. I think it would be more interesting to see a ranger use a track skill similar to the ninjas, giving direction moreso than location, with a large twist however, make it impossible to "stealth" from a ranger. This would increase their value as a party member and get them off their lazy asses. xD

Removing the "sales pitch" of the ranger and throwing in a game changer I think is the right course here, as has been suggested, it opens up a whole new need for teamwork when tracking.

An interesting idea:

I think a cool tracking skill would be something along the lines of a summoned slime/wolf/baby zombie/etc that is specifically scented towards a player. The ability has the plus of still being a type of track that can be sold, with varying speeds and options for implementation across classes. The track would be able to be "killed" and in most cases (perhaps another option) is going to be easily detected once nearing it's mark. On second thought, this may not work well, as it would be hard to direct the summoned mob across/around water and certain other obstacles.

I think it would be interesting to see a more interactive tracking system, however. One in which many classes can acquire a vague idea of an enemies location, and only a select couple have aggressive tracking abilities.

Moralsk

Gold
All's I know is that current form of track isn't like tracking at all. Rangers don't have to do anything but get the regent and use the skill. Something needs to change that. Might as well make a skill called win and let rangers use it to do all their PvP.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Yes! Of course the mighty wizard is able of using tracking spells, this should be basic spells for any master wizards such as I.
I wholly agree!