• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Let All Classes Use Shears

Should all classes be allowed to use daggers?

• Total voters

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Anyone who has been an axe or shovel class knows how frustrating it is to have to constantly need a new weapon (Axe classes more so than shovel-users), so I propose that all classes should be able to use shears, or "daggers".

The damage it does could be 85% or 90% of your diamond weapon damage. It would help a lot for people who don't always have an Unbreaking III axe/shovel at hand. The last time I checked, every enchanted axe shop in the Trade District was out of stock. This may have been changed, I'm not sure.

This would also create a larger need to Daggers of Disdain, because only Ninjas can use them now. This wouldn't conflict with lore too much, the way I see it. I probably shouldn't be talking about Skyrim here, but magi often use daggers as a secondary.

Thank you for reading this, if you have any negative feelings about this, post a comment instead of just F-Palming the post like most people do. :)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't see how it fits for any other classes to use daggers, except perhaps Rangers and runeblades.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't see how it fits for any other classes to use daggers, except perhaps Rangers and runeblades.
Daggers are usually secondary weapons, the way I see it. Not for being an assassin, just close quarters, if that makes any sense at all.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
But the farming market will go down because everyone will have wool and leaves and shearing.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
But the farming market will go down because everyone will have wool and leaves and shearing.
If I recall correctly, any profession can shear sheep and leaves already. I tested it on the leaves, but I haven't found a sheep to test yet.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
ok then to contribute: at least runeblade should use daggers, definitely not in the lore for everyone though.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
ok then to contribute: at least runeblade should use daggers, definitely not in the lore for everyone though.
But it really doesn't require training to use a small knife, does it? The main reason I made this thread is because using axe classes is extremely annoying to level, and it's hard to get unbreaking III axes in the Trade District.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
@Random_name Care to explain why you disagree with me? No? Because we're literally getting nowhere if all you can do is dislike and leave. It'd be nice if people knew how to say why exactly axe classes should be painful and expensive to level.

I'm not "madbro", I'm just frustrated that no one can besides @Dsawemd can contribute anything.

Edit: If you'd be ever so kind as to stop abusing forum ratings, that would be just dandy, ok Random_name? Also, your "don't be a bitch" conversation you sent me made me chuckle. If you're just here to start flame wars, please leave.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
But it really doesn't require training to use a small knife, does it.
To use a small knife as a main combat damage item, yes, it takes lore compatibility and reason. If there's an implementation that keeps shear damage ~10% under diamond tier damage, then perhaps it would be nice to have a universal back-up weapon.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
@Random_name Care to explain why you disagree with me? No? Because we're literally getting nowhere if all you can do is dislike and leave. It'd be nice if people knew how to say why exactly axe classes should be painful and expensive to level.

I'm not "madbro", I'm just frustrated that no one can besides @Dsawemd can contribute anything.

Edit: If you'd be ever so kind as to stop abusing forum ratings, that would be just dandy, ok Random_name? Also, your "don't be a bitch" conversation you sent me made me chuckle. If you're just here to start flame wars, please leave.
Why should I have to explain? There's a rating system for a reason. Some people don't have time to explain, or better yet some people don't want to.

I simple disagreed because I disagree! It wouldn't fit lore what so ever and I hope no one considers this idea. That's my opinion though, and everyone is entitled to one.

This is what I'm talking about, I've already wasted so much time with this post because you're butt hurt that I disagreed. Needless to say next time I will be disagreeing without explaining.

If you want to continue to do what ever it is you're doing take it to PM.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Giving daggers to all classes, or even a few more classes is a bad idea. Weapons are supposed to be varied, if this was implemented we would see pyros and paladins running around with daggers. It's not lore-friendly and it's definitely not wise as it would hurt the market.

If you want a class with infinite durability on their weapon, play caster or ninja.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
There is always loopholes through lore so it can't really be used as an excuse to not use an idea.

Personally I am against everyone using shears because it makes everything too similar.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
@askmax Thanks for the feedback. Wait...
Haha :) Just didn't feel like typing at the time. But yeah I don't agree except for as Etk said with runeblades and rangers, I just don't think it fits lore nor does it balance the game out.
P.S Axes do more damage than most other weapons so its a good trade off.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Giving daggers to all classes, or even a few more classes is a bad idea. Weapons are supposed to be varied, if this was implemented we would see pyros and paladins running around with daggers. It's not lore-friendly and it's definitely not wise as it would hurt the market.

If you want a class with infinite durability on their weapon, play caster or ninja.
Or disciple, I always loved disc cause I'd die a lot and whenever I respawned at a graveyard i could just get a stick and be back in the fight.

Having clerics and paladins or really any other class but ninja (maybe ranger) running around with daggers would be stupid to me. I'd you think it's to hard to level axe classes play a different class.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Haha :) Just didn't feel like typing at the time. But yeah I don't agree except for as Etk said with runeblades and rangers, I just don't think it fits lore nor does it balance the game out.
P.S Axes do more damage than most other weapons so its a good trade off.
What could happen is that all weapon durability was increased so that a weapon would break from dying, rather than fighting people. Nothing sucks more in the middle of PvP than your axe breaking, wouldn't you say? I just felt that making people able to use daggers as a backup (heck, even 60% damage?) would make leveling Berserker or DreadKnight less costly than how it is now. The reason I'm not mentioning Pyromancer, Shaman, or Ranger is because they all have skills to back them up, or bows with infinite arrows, in Ranger's case.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Or disciple, I always loved disc cause I'd die a lot and whenever I respawned at a graveyard i could just get a stick and be back in the fight.

Having clerics and paladins or really any other class but ninja (maybe ranger) running around with daggers would be stupid to me. I'd you think it's to hard to level axe classes play a different class.
I'm not saying it is hard to level axe classes, but I am saying it is annoying that my axe breaks after 2 hours, in which case I need to run back to spawn, buy another one, and continue where I left off. My Unbreaking III sword that I had as a Paladin lasted several days, even with Paladin having low melee damage.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Why should I have to explain? There's a rating system for a reason. Some people don't have time to explain, or better yet some people don't want to.

I simple disagreed because I disagree! It wouldn't fit lore what so ever and I hope no one considers this idea. That's my opinion though, and everyone is entitled to one.

This is what I'm talking about, I've already wasted so much time with this post because you're butt hurt that I disagreed. Needless to say next time I will be disagreeing without explaining.

It's so hard to have a discussion on the Internet these days without some child calling me "butt-hurt".

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4

Hey new-kid. Take your idiotic comments else where,