• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Legendary items.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
So my suggestion is that maybe we could implement a LOOONGGG quest chain or something, that has like 15 quests in the line (I know it would take awile, but i could possibly help, still learning the basics of the quest plugin), and when you finish the last one, you get a legendary item, ie: a diamond sword with fire aspect 5, knockback 4, sharpness 8, and unbreaking 5. Some of you may say this is impossible, but minecraft doesnt care, as long as it's one of the basic enchantments, it will give it to you, no matter the intensity. I know of this one plugin that lets you use a command and enchant an item up to a value of like 8000... it didnt have the roman numerals, but it had like "item.fireaspect.5000" for fire aspect 5000, anything 10 or below though, will have roman numerals. and to keep these items, it might encourage people to donate or something so they can put it in their backpack and only use it when they need to. for some of the quests, make them require like a players head or something, then another quest a nether star, something higly valuable.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Yea - the idea of questing for exp/awesome loot instead of grinding on mobs sounds nice!

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I like that idea, except:
it's hard to make a quest in minecraft that someone can't manage to do if they really want to.
That means if there is a really long quest that gives you a fireaspect 5, sharpness 8 or anything else, everyone willing to use time to do a quest would get an extremely powerful sword.

quest should remain on exp, possibly money and items that is not to be used in PVP (pickaxes or something).

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
This would pretty much be an OP version of the Fire Aspect I items you sometimes get from events. No thanks.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Sharpness.8000 that works, dealing 8000x your normal sword damage. Samurai damage: 720 000dmg each hit. Heh, instant killing Zo and shit.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
I will say, that the current method of gaining experience is a bit tedious. It is not awful once you get to be higher levels, the issue is finding mobs in general. It would be nice if there was some sort of dungeon system or survival system that allowed you to gain experience in a more controlled manner.

Another suggestion is the exchange of items for experience via DHX. On a previous server, you could purchase experience with in game currency, allowing players who want to focus more on crafting and mining than combat, to be able to level their core hero path while doing what they enjoy.

Finally, additional quests being added that would have a bit higher difficulty, or a more demanding request for items.
Example:

Quest: An Even Exchange

NPC Tobenamed needs your help! The far kingdom of INSERTNAMEHERE has offered us a profitable trade pact. They ask for Emeralds in exchange for crucial supplies needed to continue the war effort. Bring me 5 emeralds and you will be rewarded handsomely.

Completion:
You brought the Emeralds, this is wonderful. Your dedication and efforts shall not go unnoticed. See the King for your reward.

Reward: #### Experience (tbd) and X items/coins (tbd)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I will say, that the current method of gaining experience is a bit tedious. It is not awful once you get to be higher levels, the issue is finding mobs in general. It would be nice if there was some sort of dungeon system or survival system that allowed you to gain experience in a more controlled manner.

Another suggestion is the exchange of items for experience via DHX. On a previous server, you could purchase experience with in game currency, allowing players who want to focus more on crafting and mining than combat, to be able to level their core hero path while doing what they enjoy.

Finally, additional quests being added that would have a bit higher difficulty, or a more demanding request for items.
Example:

Quest: An Even Exchange

NPC Tobenamed needs your help! The far kingdom of INSERTNAMEHERE has offered us a profitable trade pact. They ask for Emeralds in exchange for crucial supplies needed to continue the war effort. Bring me 5 emeralds and you will be rewarded handsomely.

Completion:
You brought the Emeralds, this is wonderful. Your dedication and efforts shall not go unnoticed. See the King for your reward.

Reward: #### Experience (tbd) and X items/coins (tbd)
There is already quests in spawn that does exactly that.
Right click the right NPC's and you get your quest task.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
There is already quests in spawn that does exactly that.
Right click the right NPC's and you get your quest task.
What I am saying, is that the quests would have a more demanding and valuable requirement, and thus have a larger reward. The reward does not have to be experience, it could be coins or some other form of reward. Currently all the quests are very simple, and offer a low experience reward. My suggestion was for a higher difficulty and tier of quests that could benefit those making the 1-60 grind.

I am well aware of all the current quests and their requirements. Stepping the difficulty and requirements up, would not be something I would think to be unreasonable considering the "hardcore" designation of this server.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
What I am saying, is that the quests would have a more demanding and valuable requirement, and thus have a larger reward. The reward does not have to be experience, it could be coins or some other form of reward. Currently all the quests are very simple, and offer a low experience reward. My suggestion was for a higher difficulty and tier of quests that could benefit those making the 1-60 grind.

I am well aware of all the current quests and their requirements. Stepping the difficulty and requirements up, would not be something I would think to be unreasonable considering the "hardcore" designation of this server.
aahh...
Sorry for failing to read your entire post properly.
I see what you are thinking about now :)
However, a quest would not be very hard to do the second time (if it not require materials worth something), or if someone had telled you what to do (As people will).
A quest would therefore (as I see it) need to either require materials, or have a low reward.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Would be pretty cool to see some mobs with skills, would make quests a lot more challenges!
''Zombie used firewave''

''Skeleton used arrowstorm''

''Creeper uses invuln''

''Zombie Pigman uses Berserk''

''Spider used One''

''Blaze used FullHeal''

*Shudders*

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
*creeper used forcepull!
*skeleton used icearrow!
*zombie used icebolt!
*spider used bloodboil!
*chicken used firewave!
*pig used beguile!
*cow used fireblast!
*mooshroom used soulleach!

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Just thought I'd point out that wiki page is a bit outdated, as the plugin is currently undergoing a major overhaul.

The plugin has a feature currently called "Blueprints" which I think would satisfy this suggestion. Blueprints are premade items with certain enchantments, attributes, and have been renamed. Blueprints can be purchased at special shops, from citizens, we may look into hooking it up to BuyCraft, and be given as quest rewards.