• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Leather Availability/Drop Rate

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
The Problem: I think it kinda sucks that leather is so hard to come by. As it stands, It is entirely easier to get a whole set diamond/iron/gold armor than it is to get leather armor without buying it for high prices. For players that are currently making large amounts of money, it is no problem. For players who are still in the low range of money, and especially players new to the server, getting a set of leather is extremely hard. That's kinda silly considering it gives the lowest protection.

My suggestion: Make cows/horses drop 1-3 leather more consistently. Many times I go hunting for leather, the drop rate is 0-1 with 0 being way too consistent. With the way spawns already are, I think this would be a decent fix that would make it easier to scrounge up a few pieces of gear while ensuring farmers still make good money with their skills.

Disclaimer: This is based off my personal experience with killing cows for leather and I am not a farmer so my outlook on droprates may be skewed. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
Farmers can pretty easily make leather. Easily enough, in fact that I've found it is generally pretty cheap to get some.

It isn't hard to go make the amount of money required to get leather, maybe 15-30 minutes of mining or a small amount of time at a dungeon. The drop rate is fine, in my opinion. And if you don't have enough money for a few scraps of leather, you shouldn't be worrying about armour, and perhaps be doing something else than killing cows.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
If you can't buy leather, the price isn't the problem, it's your wallet. The best way to get coins is to find a group and farm a dungeon. You'll make 300-900 souls in an hour, which more than enough to buy any commodity you would need. You could also just mine for an hour and a half and you would have the money as well.