• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lava walls being taken down.

OnixZ2

Stone
I wasn't sure where to post this. But Kainzo you told my friend Kriskills that we need to take the lava walls in our town down within the next couple of days. We are in the process of changing the walls, we just wanted to let you know so we don't face the scare of a roll back over the area. Again I wasn't sure where to post this and since Kainzo hadn't answered any messages in game, probably busy, but either way sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
yeah i originally had pure lava walls around my town and i had to remove them as well :(

OnixZ2

Stone
And because theres only like 4 of us working on the town right now, it will take us a bit :/

Demonxman

Obsidian
bs, you can't duplicate lava as far as I know so it shouldn't cause any more lag than water. hell you can duplicate water so that should cause more lag than anything else.

Maxilimus

Wood
Lava is more visual lag than server lag. The fluid flow direction algorithm is quite simple, and doesn't create nearly as much lag as other basic systems. The small bits of lag you see with flowing lava and water are client side, not server side. Once the fluid has its chosen path, it wouldn't really be interfering with anything.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • Having pure lava walls violate our rules of reasonable building structures.
  • Pure lava walls look ugly as shit.
  • Having a design such as Farroes has, makes them plausible and operate in the same way