• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Lagged out fighting mob/lost armor and weapon

JORIZQUI

ICE ICE ICE!
Server: PVP
Time: A few minutes ago (not posting exact time because not sure about the server timezone)
Place: Just outside the town of Flavia, aprox coords: +2005, 65, +2276

I lagged out while fighting a mob having still at least half of my health, probably more. When I relogged, I was at a graveyard and did not have my weapon, diamond sword, I had equiped in my hand at the time of the disconection, nor the armor I had equipped, iron chest and leggings and enchanted chain boots, all a bit damaged, but none at the breaking point.

I went back to my deathpoint, where I found my stuff, except my armor and my weapon.

Not sure if the death was a bug or the non-combat logging mechanics at work, and not sure why I did not keep my weapon and armor either on me nor among my dropped inventory stuff. Reporting it as Kainzo asked me to do.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Time: A few minutes ago (not posting exact time because not sure about the server timezone)

I lagged out while fighting a mob having still at least half of my health, probably more. When I relogged, I was at a graveyard and did not have my weapon, diamond sword, I had equiped in my hand at the time of the disconection, nor the armor I had equipped, iron chest and leggings and enchanted chain boots, all a bit damaged, but none at the breaking point.

I went back to my deathpoint, where I found my stuff, except my armor and my weapon.

Not sure if the death was a bug or the non-combat logging mechanics at work, and not sure why I did not keep my weapon and armor either on me nor among my dropped inventory stuff. Reporting it as Kainzo asked me to do.
This is not intended - @Coders do you have any idea why the suicide might trigger but not have the user drop his inventory on the ground on a disconnect?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
This is not intended - [USERGROUP=15]@Coders[/USERGROUP] do you have any idea why the suicide might trigger but not have the user drop his inventory on the ground on a disconnect?
The way the code works, it holds the items in memory on death until it sees the respawn, so deaths during restarts/crashes = items gone (everyone already knows this)
However, I don't see how this would happen without some server-side issue. They clearly died and had the inventory parsed, yet the respawn didn't return them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I reported this to the original developer to see if he has any more insight as well.

JORIZQUI

ICE ICE ICE!
Thank you all, In my case it was no big loss, I mainly reported it becasue if it happened to me i guess it could happen to someone holding some epic unique item.