• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lag in Private Banks

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I know a lot of our region capabilities are down at the moment, and we're working on a fix, but ever since the "sanctuary" areas went down, there have been a lot of mobs spawning in the underground private bank area, right under Sanctum. Their moaning and hissing makes visiting banks excitingly creepy, but also terrible laggy, which is to say that FPS(Bank) ~= FPS(Normal) x 0.05 on my poor, pitiful laptop. A creeper actually managed to spawn itself inside my private bank, and while I thought it was hilarious and its explosion didn't do any irreparable damage (even if it did, whatever, HC is hardcore) I can see how explosions in the private bank areas could be a problem.

The slowdown is the big problem for me, though. Is there anyway to get rid of the mobs, and to prevent them from spawning again, apart from getting "sanctuary" running again?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We'll be looking into this - at the moment theres about 50k torches placed in the banks (areas not being used) to resolve the mob spawning issue. This may be why its lagging more for you.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Sometimes I see the Torch Planes as I teleport in (the lag slows down the teleportation process), so it's easy to tell you guys tried to anticipate this. Thanks for giving it thought :)

McGreed

TNT
I'm wondering if you will get less lag if you replace some torches with glowstones, as they don't have animated textures on them, might help.

Abyss

Air
McGreed said:
I'm wondering if you will get less lag if you replace some torches with glowstones, as they don't have animated textures on them, might help.

This. Glowstone would work way better than torches on lag.