• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Lack of Beguiler Warmups

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Just posting this here, not sure about the Beguiler thread or whatever.

Beguilers need warmups. They do not have any warmups other than Pulse which is a warmup for every class. Not sure what exactly should get a warmup but I'm suggesting MassPiggify/Piggify/Beguile. The lack of warmups on this class makes it ridiculously strong and able to constantly kite around without any counteraction except from hard CC . Of course silences work but interrupts don't work since there is no warm ups.

I have another opinion to lower their burst damage at the moment. Rather than a 200 damage nuke on PlagueBomb as it is now, make them as they are: the master of "trickery" and "deception." Make PlagueBomb a 200 damage DoT that withers the target, confusing them on what their current HP is.

Not only would this make since with them being masters of deception, it would offer counterplay with Chakra/Dispel to get rid of the DoT.

Post any suggestions/ideas below.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I defiantly agree with Plague Bomb needing a warm-up. If Piggfy gets a warm-up I don't mind it being small warm-up (0.5-1.0) seconds. Mass Piggify also need a decent warm-up (1.5-2.0).

When it comes to the actual skills:
  • I could see fireball being replaced with a Wither/Dot Projectile.
  • At the same time, plague bomb could be more true to it's name and make it an initial burst and poison/nausea afterwards. (Still will be their main dmg source, but now more of a utility skill than just pure dmg)

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
My problem with adding counter play to bread and butter skills is that it makes them unable to fight back against those classes that counter it. For example: Chakra has a 11 second cool down according to the wiki and I know PB has a 10 second cool down. Those are similar enough to have a Disc clear their damage each time. I would be more open to Malik's half and half approach, but I think having chakra remove their main source (Or purge/dispel) of damage is going to hurt them by a lot rather than leaving them in a good place. On another note, giving them a debuff to a class that can't cleanse it, is going to make them even more powerful.

Warm ups on the other hand are fine I think, but I would rather have us do testing on that before it goes live.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Yeah, PlagueBomb warm up would be interesting as with a bit of Charisma, you would have enough time to still at least Fireball/PlagueBomb rather than do a whole Pulse/Fireball/Pbomb combo and do 4-5 hearts to someone.

The reason I suggested the Piggify warmups was because of Web's change & the fact that they just lack warmups in general & if the warmups won't target damage spells then CC is next in line.

I like the approach you had on PlagueBomb Malik, but obviously the damage/scaling on PlagueBomb would have to be lowered if it were to be given more benefits (Nausea, etc.)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe reduce Plague bomb to (80-100) + (1.75-2.00) with a 6-8 second nausea affect.
(Old was (125+ 2.875) DAMN that's crazy on an AOE skill....)

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree warm-ups on beguiler should be implemented.

Piggify: .5-1s
PB: 1.5-2.5s
MassPiggify: 2s

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
So chakra does not direct counter the plague bomb effects you could make it do 2 effects, poison, and nausea. They would have to be weak so it wouldn't be op but it is a possibility