• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

kperkins1982 ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
IGN:kperkins1982
Banned by: @(name) not sure
Time of ban: 12:12am PST
Reason for ban: I was accused of gtp for a bounty
Your story: So I kicked this guy from town, he has been a thorn in my side for a month, he hit the last straw last night, so I kicked him

I took dirt off his chests so he could get his stuff, but didn't want him to be robbed, so I made lwc door to his house and gave him perm to it

I didn't have to do that, as per rules a kicked member only has access to LWC, and despite him calling me "downsymdrome" in /msg I still decided to do this for him as a courtesy

meanwhile alirock6 wanted his bounty, I tp'd him to outside of town, notice I said outside of town

and he took it, mostly cause i wanted that head on my mantle as a little reward for dealing with the super negative guy for so long

annnnyways....

I didn't tp him to inside town, I tp'd to outside, he lives like 500 away so he coulda got there anyways

then owner_leviathan gets on chat talking about how I stole from him, which I didn't and logs will verify

I even told him to /pe it if he thought I did something wrong, so mods could decide instead of accusations and insults being thrown around in chat

he says I bounty rigged, which is completely false

I didn't place the bounty, and the guy that killed him isn't in town with him or clan, and wasn't even in town with him before he was kicked, cause he is friend from another town

in no way to my knowledge is this against rules

I assume that I was banned on heresay from o chat, but the logs will back me up

this is what appeals are for though, I respect your judgement, but just wanted to give my side of the facts

Edit: If there is a rule saying I can't gtp to outside of town for a bounty, I am not aware of it. I am a stickler for rules, and would tell another person that ignorance of a rule doesn't mean you are allowed to break it. However if it were the case that it is somehow and I've gone this long without being aware, I would like to offer a sincere apology, and request leniency in the matter.

However I do not see how that would be the case. The msg I get when I try to logon is "abusing gtp for the sake of a bounty is against the rules"

GTP is for transporting people, sometimes for pvp
bounties are to kill people
bounty rigging is when something is pre arranged with the victim, or like if you go after a clan member
However, if somebody says, hey so and so is bountied, I'll tp you there so you can get it, I don't see this as an "abuse" but rather a valid use of gtp, for the purpose of transport.

Knowing that I cant get on atm, I will use this time to review the rules and go from there.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
the rules of appeal specifically state nobody other than mods and the person banned should post in here

however, I will clarify a few things

I can see how being upset that you were kicked would make you assume the worst of me, however that doesn't make it true.

So I was planning on kicking you all day. I talked it over with the other leaders and the plan was to kick you, but let you get your stuff.

However, you can't get your stuff if you have lost region. So I removed dirt from the chests. But then you would have the possibility of being robbed, so I added lwc door with you on it so you could get in, remove your things, and get out, I even removed the blocks that I didn't even know where there until you told me your valuables chests were still covered,

I left the door open on my way out of the house after breaking those blocks for you,

I didn't place a bounty on you, a mod can confirm that. Frankly I don't know who did.

When you were in town, ali wasn't in your town or clan, after you were kicked ali wasn't in your town or clan. I don't think you understand the definition of bounty rigging. If he wanted to accept your bounty and kill you that is his business. Being a wizard i have gtp powers, so I used them to get him to you. That is in no way against the rules. As for the "protected area of col"

I tp'd him to the wheat in front of your house, no walls or region protects that, he ran in and got you inside your house, I have screenshots of this as I was watching the whole thing http://imgur.com/aAY2szg

then you start talking about me stealing in chat, the mods can check the chests and see I didn't steal a thing, if you have come up with a conspiracy in your mind about us colluding for your things to get them to me that is fine, but it isn't helpful here this is where logs come in handy

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please dont post on ban appeals unless you are a mod+.

This will be investigated, thanks for the ban appeal, this isnt a permanent ban.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Please understand that you must give town members a fair opportunity to gather their things, also understand that the MAYOR owns anything not inside his LWC's in the town.

You could give him the stuff he had in his house, and that would be fine.
You could take the things not in his LWC's in his house, and that would be fine. Rude, but fine.

Instead, what really happened here was, you kicked him from the town after having a verbal altercation. Within a few moments or a moment later you GTP'd an enemy to your town to kill this guy who was just previously your townmate.

Killing friends for exp or any other resource or statistic, aka boosting.
  • This includes claiming bounties on friends, allies and fellow town members.

While the rule does state that they are to be your friend, ally, or townmember, the issue is that you JUST kicked him and then GTP'd and got him for his bounty.

Both parties are at fault and so both were issued an infraction, and banned for 1 day.

The reason this is--is because 1) the guy you GTP'd knew the circumstances under the GTP.. and claimed he did so in chat. 2) you did not allow him ample time to either gather his things as you suggested to him, misleading him, and otherwise unfairly griefing him.

under the PVE specific section of the rules it states that:

PVE Specific Rules

Harassment by preventing players from getting their chests/items will not be tolerated - this includes placing regions over areas that the player has protected, stored or tombstoned.
Offenders will be subject to fine and/or suspension depending on circumstance.
Player-caused death is illegal, including but not limited to:
Suffocation by water, gravel, sand
Killing using TNT
Using lighters and lava
Placing cacti around a user
Breaking blocks under a user to cause them to fall to their death
Offenders will be subject to fines and/or suspension
Exceptions to this rule:
Traps built and designed to defend your personal home and townships from intruders
If a user trespasses in your house or building you own with malicious intent, you may use any force you deem necessary to protect your belongings
You may only attempt to kill them INSIDE your building (no chasing them across the map to kill)
You may NOT coerce, lure or trick a player to enter your house in order to kill them
The invader may not retaliate by trying to kill the owner
Trespassing in a user's house is your risk to take

You told him that you were removing the dirt on his chests, and that he should probably get his stuff, or this much was assumed by him. As far as I know it - he was still in his house at the time of being kicked, according to him. Even if this is disputed, the fact of the matter is that the events and communication leading up to now, the ban appeals, and the rest of the information provided up until now prove otherwise, and that he was at his house the whole time.

I would go as far to say you also were harrassing him by leaving his door open, to which you admitted to yet again on here. Which you say you LWC'd and left open. I could argue here that you actually opened the door for the player you GTP'd to get in and gank him for his head which you wanted. Thereby tricking him/coercing him -- by definition -- bullying him into being there at that time, to get his player head, again to which you admitted to in your ban appeal.

Furthermore;

Town Specific Rules/Personal Regions/Noble & Royal Plots
Abuse of region powers for malicious intent
You abused your region powers for "malicious intent" on another player who was just within your town by GTPing enemies onto his general location.

Furthermore;

Town Member Removal

If you are suddenly removed from a town for any reason, you are entitled to your LWCs.
Petition at the new location for the chests.
The Admin will remove your chest and paste it in a new location.
LWCs are the only thing staff are allowed to help you retrieve. Please seek alternate means to try to get the rest.
It is the responsibility of the town management to remove and monitor who has access to their town regions.
Failure to remove someone from your regions that is not a member of your town is your responsibility.
Staff will not get involved if someone you gave access to steals from your town. It is up to the player base to police this.
You MUST notify a manager/mayor in game that you are leaving/have left the town.
You may not raid the town within 7 days of leaving the town & notifying the management. The management must acknowledge that you have left.
You may raid the town after three days if you were kicked and they mayor has revoked your access. If the mayor has not yet revoked access, you must wait 7 days or until it is revoked.
If a mayor or manager of your town is not available to notify, you may contact the Admins to notify them and have yourself removed from the town/regions.

*If you ever have a problem with the plugin removing a user, bug report instantly and notify an admin for manual removal

While we leave it to player discretion to return your items, and police yourselves, he was entitled to his LWC's at that location, which is why I suggest here that you were intentionally coercing him to be there at that time for the intent of abusing a bounty to get his head. Instead you should have informed him to PE to obtain his LWC's and that he no longer owned the items in his house.

Under a fair guideline I would suggest that you at least give the guy a window of opportunity to leave the town, or gather his things in a manner that could not be considered malicious.

On previous maps, the guideline for a townmember leaving your town, and when you were allowed to kill them was at least 1 to 7 days. It is not written in such a way because it became cumbersome, however the rules still suggest you should at least allot some time under the whole "You may raid the town after 3 days if you were kicked from the town" but also understand that this is not a specific written rule, but the circumstances in which you tried to provide yourself a loophole to otherwise harrass or grief a fellow townmate in a very short amount of time.

For these reasons, you were given a 1 day temporary ban for various actions you took leading up to the collection of your townmates head and gtping for a bounty kill.

You could have easily just waited until that guy killed him leaving the town with his stuff, or a million other acceptable ways rather than Kicking the guy, undirting his chests, LWCing his door, leaving it open, and GTPing an enemy to claim his bounty near the town regions (well within 100 blocks I might add.)

I would say to take some time to read the rules, and engage in more tasteful behavior while spending time on Herocraft. Your ban will last it's duration and expire naturally. Please note that this counts towards your infraction limits. You can read the rules here. You can read the terms of service here.

Thank you!

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
If you don't mind me adding some stuff Xexo. I do find this under you know that "Grey area" Technically he wasn't your friend or ally at the time. So there were a couple of Grey Areas. But let me remind you kperkins, "Server staff retain the right to kick, ban, or close access to any or all users of Herocraft Online Services at any time."
Just understand different staff will handle it in different ways. Depends on how others see it.
And if you are never too sure about a rule, we have this lovely area. http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/any-unwritten-rules-youre-not-sure-about-just-ask.574/
This is just to protect you even more when you aren't too sure about something.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
So after some thought, more thoroughly reading the rules, and discussing with people I have the following thoughts.

What I initially planed to do was give the guy his stuff, and be cordial and done with it.

In fact I did do that, despite his vitrol in chat. And then at the last second let my anger get the better of me and participated in his death.

Knowing that he JUST left, this is a little too close for comfort on the rigging ally or friends rule. In that area I admit bad judgement and agree with Xexo wholeheartedly.

I suppose what happens to us over time is that we see the murder and stealing and whatnot and become desensitized to it and think, hey I'll kill this guy it is no big deal.

However that doesn't mean it still isn't against the rules. And two wrongs never make a right. Being the bigger person is always a better idea than losing your cool.

I've had a lot of time to think it over, and in the end am happy I had some time off. I have a renewed interest in knowing the rules and if I'm even close I'll err on the side of caution, maybe ask first, and then act if not sure.

Hopefully all this discussion can help other players avoid the same mistakes as well.

The idea that somebody would have lost faith or respect in me, or infractions on my name and reputation bother me vastly more than time away ever would.

I appreciate the time you have spent on this, and look forward to a more positive experience in the future.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.