• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Known chunk error?

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
found this at 1956, 918.

Has anyone else seen this?

ano5k2.png

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Some of it makes for really cool spots. Also, watch out for random giant holes in the ground. I found 2 that I was just walking, and out of nowhere in front of me were giant cave/holes that went straight down for a good 40 blocks, but you could tell they were natural.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I think some of them look beautiful, including that one you posted, dan. I found this one error that created two waterfalls feeding a lake in the middle of the woods far NE. One of the waterfalls pours over a cave deep that goes into the earth. I made a big sign calling it "Serenity Cove". I'll try to upload a pic when I'm back from the weekend.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
There are some large, icy cliffs in the north, stretching from horizon to horizon. I dub them the CLIFFS OF INSANITY, and will venture forth to get pics.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
"Cliffs of Insanity" is a fun name. Call it an Adam Complex, but I was trying to think of a good name for all the errors in general, and I think I have it. When you venture out far enough to find the errors, you have reached the AMBITUS FAULT, or just the AMBITUS. I like the word fault, because it's a fault with the generation algorithm as well as a literal, geographic fault. "Ambitus" is the Latin word for "going around", and it's the root for the English word "ambit", which is the circumference of a thing. Anyway, if you like it, you can have it. It's free.

Solace

Banned
Funny enough i think i recognize that place. I believe near that you will find a staircase cut into the mountain where i was mining , found diamonds , than died.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Serenity Cove: a beautiful oasis made by mistake.
[attachment=89]
[attachment=90]
I think that if ever I were to build a small town on this map, I would build it here.