• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Killed in combat but not dead? No death chest?

Teerian

Gold
Earlier during a pvp fight, I was eventually killed. Instead of seeing the death screen, I was left alive with half a heart of HP left, but no death chest was spawned. My attackers were able to freely loot my items despite the fact that I had plenty of chests, signs, etc, and I was not airborne at the time of death. The death did occur in water if that has any bearing on the situation, but it was fairly shallow. I was not saved by my Reborn disciple skill either, as there was no message, and half a heart is in no way even remotely close to 25% of one's HP. On top of that, my attackers seemed unable to see me until I logged out and back in, at which point I was killed and correctly sent to the graveyard.

I did nothing out of the ordinary that I can recall. While discussing it on Teamspeak, someone mentioned opening the menu screen could cause such issues, but I did not even accidentally open it. I have no idea how this bug occurred nor how to replicate it, but it is beyond ludicrous that such a glitch exists. Death chests are pointless if people can actually use this at will along with the air-kill glitch (if it still exists).

I cannot think of any other information that may assist with finding a fix for this issue aside from the location of death and players involved. If this info is needed or if there is some other way I can assist with finding a solution, please let me know. This kind of glitch needs an immediate fix.

JacobBurkey

Portal
I'm just saying though, I've seen this happen on many servers. It's happened to me before, but it might just be a minecraft glitch.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
This has sort of happened to me. i was in a ravine earlier today when a creeper exploded behind me and killed me. Instead of properly dying, it flashed the death screen without letting me press anything. It proceeded to put me right in front of my death chest with 1/2 heart. I took the items out of the chest, broke it, took it with me, and ate my melons to heal.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
If you used chakra right before death its a common glitch that brings you back to life and as for deathchest the water prolly stopped it's spawning

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
If you used chakra right before death its a common glitch that brings you back to life and as for deathchest the water prolly stopped it's spawning
Yep, as far as the deathchest goes, your feet have to be on solid ground for it to be placed. No matter if the water is only one deep, if you are swimming, no chest.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
These are one of the bugs that are very hard to find and fix since its very random.
I've seen it happen on vanilla MC as well..

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Sometimes when you accidentally log out at the death screen this glitch triggers.

Teerian

Gold
I've seen chests spawn in water before, so something different is happening there. I'll have to go look at the spot again, but I'm pretty sure my feet were on the ground in the water at the time.

Is there currently not a way to make a death chest spawn at the first available Y-axis block below the player when killed mid-air/in water?