• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Keep more items upon Death

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Back in Bastion every item was dropped or otherwise put into a death chest, come Haven armor and the held item were kept, most pvpers hated this. Come Citadel we are back to the way it is with bastion, this is actually not that good for the fact that all of this well worth gear and enchants are the herocraft experience. I say that we should keep armor and the held item once again, I should not have to spend 5,000 coins on a item and worry about it being lost due to death, either get rid of all the enchanted godly armor/weapons or make it so armor and held items are kept on death. I agree with the second one, the first is too big of a change. Also with kit starter and no armor on death, ranger and casters are a lot better than melee users, a ranger can easily kit starter a bow and that is all of their damage, while a ninja can get a iron sword, which protects them hardly, even a diamond sword would not help. Would like opinions.
@WiThInSpAcE @MidnightShadows @anevia @joshtsai

Agreed. We either need to have a system to protect items that are valuable, or get rid of those items completely. I'm not going into battle with the best gear possible, worth 25,000 coins in just the soul fuses not counting crystals and catalyst, to die with it on. Now, regardless, many will say "just don't die" but in reality that's nearly impossible if we want to keep the "good" player versus player fighting, players of near the same level fighting. If the protection of these items could not be implemented or was shot down, for lack of better terms, due to an non-supportive majority, the soul catalyst items should be removed from the market. The use of these items has been seen, but not to their full power as frequently as many would like to see because of the risk factor that comes with player versus player fighting. Thanks for the consideration. Space

DrRidiculouz

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree wholeheartedly. I dislike that when I die inside a town I lose all my gear that I've spent hundreds of coins on and can't get back because of covering a chest (but that's a different story) I would love to see a change being made to keep most, if not all, your armors and your held item upon death. I think it would improve the PvP experience DRASTICALLY. Changing the way back to Haven would make players actually having to go and get the gear themselves or buy it off of other players instead of killing a person for the gear.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Code's still floating about, if 10% durability loss wasn't enough we could always up it.

However, we would have to re-revert Disarm to be fugly again.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I like this, but at the same time I also like disarm and how it is back to how it used to work. For me it's a pretty necessary skill to pvp with. Is there anyway to make both work?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I like this, but at the same time I also like disarm and how it is back to how it used to work. For me it's a pretty necessary skill to pvp with. Is there anyway to make both work?
Considering it became what it was because we had this, and was put back because we removed this, placing my bets on "no".
IIRC some issue where you disarm/kill someone and their items stay gone, not fun.

Zelphril

Legacy Supporter 7
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though this would be really nice.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Considering it became what it was because we had this, and was put back because we removed this, placing my bets on "no".
IIRC some issue where you disarm/kill someone and their items stay gone, not fun.
Yep that was the issue with disarm. Sadly doesn't seem like there will be a solution. But I would rather have this change over having disarm.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Okay, so who's disagreeing? And why, I'd like to know, we want the PVPers of this server to feel like they can PVP without losing everything as well as the non-pvpers to have a better system.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I semi-disagree. While keeping the stuff I worked for sounds very nice, if someone kills you they earned the right to take your stuff. Just don't use the extremely valuable gear unless you know you have a very high chance of winning. If we add keeping items again I'm just afraid everyone will complain about graveyard rushing and not having incentives to pvp.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I semi-disagree. While keeping the stuff I worked for sounds very nice, if someone kills you they earned the right to take your stuff. Just don't use the extremely valuable gear unless you know you have a very high chance of winning. If we add keeping items again I'm just afraid everyone will complain about graveyard rushing and not having incentives to pvp.
I already stated that we could up the % damage taken if 10% wasn't enough.
Maybe 25%... die 4 times and it's gone.

Oh! Oh! Merge it with the loot roll system so the killing party gets it if it'd break.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Ya I mean I agree with this but with the fact that we are moving more and more towards spending a lot of money on one thing, 25,000 coins for a full set of armor and weapon, I would like to see those not loss, if there is a way to come up with a new way with not really losing your gear but also losing something I would like to see it.