• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Karma Questions

Psyicele

Wood
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is any other way besides killing 'evil' people to gain Karma? I asked in game and I got answers that, that is the only way, just wanted to clarify.

Also, is it illegal, or against rules to pay an 'evil' person to let me kill them for positive Karma? (Just a couple to get neutral)

Now I'm at -250 Karma now, and it says 'innocent'. Can people 'buy' my location somehow and 'hunt' me for their own positive Karma?

I want to lose the negative Karma because they were accidental/ joking around kills with my friends.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is any other way besides killing 'evil' people to gain Karma? I asked in game and I got answers that, that is the only way, just wanted to clarify.

Currently, no. In the future, I believe quests will grant Karma.
Also, is it illegal, or against rules to pay an 'evil' person to let me kill them for positive Karma? (Just a couple to get neutral)

That is called boosting and is illegal.
Now I'm at -250 Karma now, and it says 'innocent'. Can people 'buy' my location somehow and 'hunt' me for their own positive Karma?
Rangers can track you, yes, and kill you for Karma. Weather it is positive or negative depends on their own standing.
Check out this article to see how Karma works: http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Karma

Psyicele

Wood
Only Rangers? Because I was hunted by a Paladin before, he bought my location or something and found me, and he said he did it because he was hunting people with negative Karma, how does that work?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Only Rangers? Because I was hunted by a Paladin before, he bought my location or something and found me, and he said he did it because he was hunting people with negative Karma, how does that work?

Yes, be bought your location from a Ranger.

You can view someone's Karma with /karma <name>

Mobs should give you good karma, livestock should give you small amounts of negative karma if you go on a killing spree, also there should be evil quest dealers 'cause i need to be evil!

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4

Yeah, it's quite annoying that vallad_centrius hunts me too since I got -50 karma and am trying to level beguiler.
Imo, it's quite wrong that people would gain good karma for people who are classified as 'Innocent'. It's pretty dirty that the 'good' people only tend to hunt lower levels too.

Until this mechanic is improved, I suggest you to pay attention to your surroundings carefully so you can run away/practice logging out before you get pvp-tagged/after pvp tag runs out. Carrying speed potions that you can chug down can help with this. (While PvP-logging is frowned upon, logging while you aren't in combat mode is completely legitimate). Since you have friends you stay in the middle of them and can get them to tell you when they see the 'good' hero come to smite you. Train by killing mobs close to town/kingdom lands when you can so you don't log back on to a trap etc. For mining, relocate as often as possible.

Fight dirty with dirty. Make yourself a difficult target. Do everything in your ability and the rules so you aren't that person that when people find out that you are logged on that they go "Wooo yay xxx is on let's go hunt him for easy karma!". Counter-tracking works too if you suspect someone is after you and you have ranger friends. Remember names. Make them lose money buying tracks on you and get frustrated to find that you have ported away to the opposite side of the map/logged off.

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
No hard feelings but im hunting only for karma, i dont care who they are as long as they are kill-able and have negative karma, you may tell me to "go hunt emberhollow and umbra", ye i am trying, but i would like to tell you i am a solo-er i dont go in groups unlike those towns, i hit for targets who go alone , i sometimes feel sad for killing noobs but i really want the karma.. oh and zencow , i have been doing what you posted there ever since, i know the tactics of people like you, so i hunt when they least expect it.. though i WONT touch positive karma so try getting yours up

Psyicele the paladin was me wasnt it? xD

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4

Psyicele

Wood
Yea, I was talking about you, Vallad. I just didn't want to push out names randomly.
Thanks for the tips guys! I'm gonna try and get positive Karma, or at least 0.
And I do have 2 friends playing with me most of the time, so if they come to kill me to gain Karma, they may just lose even MORE Karma killing my friends (Just like Vallad ended up doing.) :p