• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Just me bitching, that's all...

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
I dont want to lose marvelous builders. Herocraft is more than about PVP or PVE - its about the community. The company we keep, etc.

I remember when Herocraft didn't even have PVP as an option (BECAUSE IT DIDNT EXIST) .... those times... were so much more simpler.

Community is the word I meant to use, because when I said "players" it inadvertantly implied I wasn't including staff. (but staff are players too). Community is such a better word because it includes those hard working admins, guides, proctors, coders, and everyone else who keep HeroCraft going.

Perineurium

Stone
The sheer number of lazy home invaders makes it feel pointless to try and keep anything looking nice outside of a town. I was carving a nice little setpiece into the side/top of a cliff, but every other day, someone comes through and trashes the place. The glass on the window of the most accessible room to lazy outsiders (nevermind they could easily climb around and down to the door is repeatedly broken and not replaced (not even the dirt overhang/roof). All the paintings and torches have been first incorrectly replaced, then stolen. A whole was dug through a stone corridor and blockaded with a 1-block thick cobble facade. A whole was dug down through the ceiling of the nascent second floor into a room on the first and not restored. None of the materials are terribly difficult to replace, but it feels like there's no point in trying to keep it looking nice anymore, as apparently it only serves as an invitation to trash it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You're going to start seeing some politics when the town slots are capped at 25. People will be semi forced to join one of those towns, etc.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
You're going to start seeing some politics when the town slots are capped at 25. People will be semi forced to join one of those towns, etc.

By "town slots are capped at 25" do you mean "only 25 people to a town" or do you mean "only 25 towns total?"

I love my new town, by the way. Verstad (and it's larger kingdom organization) have been very friendly, accommodating, useful, and helpful. I still got killed by a random guy earlier this morning, but that's when almost no one else was on. Being a part of a large, active town makes all the difference in the world as far as my enjoyment of the game is concerned.

I think that's largely what you were aiming for, Chief. For people to start being a part of a community rather than have hundreds (or thousands) of players out there in the wilderness just doing their own thing.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
By "town slots are capped at 25" do you mean "only 25 people to a town" or do you mean "only 25 towns total?"

I love my new town, by the way. Verstad (and it's larger kingdom organization) have been very friendly, accommodating, useful, and helpful. I still got killed by a random guy earlier this morning, but that's when almost no one else was on. Being a part of a large, active town makes all the difference in the world as far as my enjoyment of the game is concerned.

I think that's largely what you were aiming for, Chief. For people to start being a part of a community rather than have hundreds (or thousands) of players out there in the wilderness just doing their own thing.
25 towns total.