• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

JoelKool's whitelist application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelKool

Iron
Hi,

I like Minecraft very much, and I love the idea of playing a RPG on it. I don't want to play on the chaos server, so I would be happy to get whitelisted.

JoelKool

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Hi,

I like Minecraft very much, and I love the idea of playing a RPG on it. I don't want to play on the chaos server, so I would be happy to get whitelisted.

JoelKool
Sadly you are not old enough to play on the whitelist since we accept 13+ age, please feel free to play on the grey list! Sorry!

JoelKool

Iron
Hi,

I am Joel's dad.

You deny a kid of age 10 the safe environment of the haven map because of his age, but admit him to the chaos server where griefing and every crap is allowed, and where he will very likely not have a safe environment to play this game? Where is the logic in that please?

The whitelisted server is a controlled and monitored environment. You would notice whether he'd fail in some way there, and could remove him from the whitelist.

The way you are handling him now defies reason.

Last edited:

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Hi,

JoelKool
No server is alike and yes, some servers may accept people despite their age. Herocraft however has a community of age 13 and over which we believe is a mature age to be whitelisted and trusted into our server knowing that they will most likely abide by the rules and bond with the community. We encourage your son to continue to play on our greylist until he is 13 then feel free to apply again!

Senior Proctor,
UltimateOptics

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
It is against the law for us to allow users below 13 onto our server. Sure, it happens. People lie. But as long as we try within reason to police this, then we are not liable. This is a law that is on most major service providers such as Facebook, Google, Pinterest etc. because under US law, a user under 13 cannot legally accept the Terms of Service. I see you are based in Germany, but our server is located in the US and thus must follow United States law.

Many services allow access with parental consent, if you purchase your son the whitelist bypass, that acts as parental consent because PayPal is an age restricted service. We assume your son had your consent to use your Paypal for this purpose and thus, your consent to join our server. Other than this, there is really no way we can prove you are his father.

I agree that some children are more mature than some adults, however that is not really the question here. Our server is considered 'mature', not in the way of age but in the way of content. There are a lot of players that use strongly worded language, and there are a lot of situations that younger children should not be exposed to without parental guidance. The staff only police things if they escalate to racism, real life harassment and similar situations. Our rules are very extensive and we do not baby our users.

The greylist world is not actually meant to be played on longterm. The greylist is so people can see if they like the server, and then join it.

Please do not insult or fault our staff for simply following our rules and the law, they are volunteers. They do their best with what they have. Your son is not entitled to join a private server if he does not meet the requirements. The fact that you felt it was necessary to private message my staff and berate them is very unbecoming of you.

Herocraft TOS
Herocraft Rules
Herocraft Premium

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.