• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Jewelcrafter

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo talked about this a week ago in game, and talked about sockets in the meeting.

Here is a rough idea of how I see this panning out:

These can drop from any ores with a modified, low, drop rate. Maybe even higher drop rates for players who are miners.

These uncut gems will be displayed as dyes so we can use different colours, plus some of them have fancy jagged edges. When uncut, they have zero attributes, and zero modifiers, and just act as any other custom reagent at the moment.

A Jewelcrafter can cut gems based on their level. They will require a grindstone, which they can create, and is consumed in the process. Once cut, the attributes/modifiers will be added to the item and given an enchanted effect.

Grid_Rose_Red.png
- Strength, Constitution
Grid_Lapis_Lazuli_%28Dye%29.png
- Intellect, Wisdom, (Charisma?)
Grid_Dandelion_Yellow.png
- Endurance, Agility
Grid_Purple_Dye.png
- Strength or Constitution / Intellect or Wisdom or (Charisma?)
Grid_Orange_Dye.png
- Strength or Constitution / Endurance or Agility
Grid_Cactus_Green.png
- Intellect or Wisdom or (Charisma?) / Endurance or Agility

To keep things simple, each gem could be cut the same way. Eg) Every Delicate Red gem adds +1 Strength and +1 Constitution.
If you really want to get into it, there could be different skills for different attribute configurations. You could even have the attributes be added completely randomly based off of the type and cut of gem.

Here are some examples for skills:

Level 10 - Create Grindstone
Consumes one Diamond and one Sulpher to create a Grindstone

Level 15 - Delicate
You can cut Delicate gems

Level 20 - Socket Delicate
You can socket Delicate gems

Level 25 - Bold
You can cut Bold gems

Level 30- Socket Bold
You can socket Bold gems

Level 35 - Brilliant
You can but Brilliant gems

Level 40 - Socket Brilliant
You can socket Brilliant gems

Level 45 - Precise
You can cut Precise gems

Level 50 - Socket Precise
You can socket Precise gems

Level 55 - Perfect
You can cut perfect gems

Level 60 - Socket Perfect
You can socket Perfect gems

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the idea, but it seems like an extremely boring class to level up. Just my two cents. I suppose runesmith isn't much better/worse.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
Another profession? We just got rid of of one!

Jokes aside, adding this class would take away from the obvious uses that a Smith or Runesmith would gain from this skill going to one of them. Also, WoW?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Have to agree with the rest don't find a use for this and before I know it this server will literally be WoW in minecraft with some future plans etc. >.>

Tjundis

ICE ICE ICE!
I feel like items that increase attributes should exist, but I feel like they shouldn't come from sockets and gems. Maybe instead at random from the future crafted armor and weapon pieces.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Gems and socketed items are on their way in, that is not the purpose of this suggestion. I am suggesting the proper way to go down this route.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I love how people are randomly saying "Reminds me of Diablo, WoW, etc." If you play RPGs, you are bound to come across a Gem Socket System.

Back on topic-

I like the concept, but I'd prefer that each "Gem" only apply to one attribute

Grid_Rose_Red.png
- Strength
Grid_Orange_Dye.png
- Endurance
- Constitution
Grid_Cactus_Green.png
- Agility
- Intellect
Grid_Magenta_Dye.png
-Wisdom
Grid_Purple_Dye.png
- Charisma

Yes this is a Rainbow :p

Hybrid gems would be nice, but there aren't enough colors ( We'd need 21 different "gems" and without the the colors used for the standard gems there are only 5 other.) This could be fixed by using other items besides dyes, but wouldn't look as nice. Since I believe "hybrid gems" wouldn't be possible I'd prefer that armor/weapons had more slots with each gem being cheaper/weaker so you can make pseudo-hybrid item with your own gem combinations.

In the case of "Jewel Crafter" being it's own class, I'd prefer it isn't. I'd rather have every class have to ability to Get/Refine/Socket gems, but I would have to see how the "Advance Crafting System" works before I'd make a final decision. If each class has their own special set of items that only they can create than maybe I'll be fine with a class that only makes gems.

For Example:

Alchemists: Custom potions that will give special affects: Extra stats, special effects, etc
Farmer: Special food that will give small stats bonuses, but last a decently long time

Last edited:

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3
Hybrid gems would be nice, but there aren't enough colors ( We'd need 21 different "gems" and without the the colors used for the standard gems there are only 5 other.) This could be fixed by using other items besides dyes, but wouldn't look as nice. Since I believe "hybrid gems" wouldn't be possible I'd prefer that armor/weapons had more slots with each gem being cheaper/weaker so you can make pseudo-hybrid item with your own gem combination.

I agree with this. I don't think there should be hybrid gems or gems that could result in one of several stats. I think it would be much simpler to have a percent chance of success to socket an item. About hybrid stats, it would be great if all weapons that can be one of several "grades", and higher grade items have more slots, but the higher slots have a lower chance of success for socketing.

I think that jewel craft should be its own class because the skills are unique and variable enough to be one. Jewel crafter would be similar to enchanter, and I don't see that having a class for this would be a balance issue.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Kainzo talked about this a week ago in game, and talked about sockets in the meeting.

Here is a rough idea of how I see this panning out:

These can drop from any ores with a modified, low, drop rate. Maybe even higher drop rates for players who are miners.

These uncut gems will be displayed as dyes so we can use different colours, plus some of them have fancy jagged edges. When uncut, they have zero attributes, and zero modifiers, and just act as any other custom reagent at the moment.

A Jewelcrafter can cut gems based on their level. They will require a grindstone, which they can create, and is consumed in the process. Once cut, the attributes/modifiers will be added to the item and given an enchanted effect.

Grid_Rose_Red.png
- Strength, Constitution
- Intellect, Wisdom, (Charisma?)
- Endurance, Agility
Grid_Purple_Dye.png
- Strength or Constitution / Intellect or Wisdom or (Charisma?)
Grid_Orange_Dye.png
- Strength or Constitution / Endurance or Agility
Grid_Cactus_Green.png
- Intellect or Wisdom or (Charisma?) / Endurance or Agility

To keep things simple, each gem could be cut the same way. Eg) Every Delicate Red gem adds +1 Strength and +1 Constitution.
If you really want to get into it, there could be different skills for different attribute configurations. You could even have the attributes be added completely randomly based off of the type and cut of gem.

Here are some examples for skills:

Level 10 - Create Grindstone
Consumes one Diamond and one Sulpher to create a Grindstone

Level 15 - Delicate
You can cut Delicate gems

Level 20 - Socket Delicate
You can socket Delicate gems

Level 25 - Bold
You can cut Bold gems

Level 30- Socket Bold
You can socket Bold gems

Level 35 - Brilliant
You can but Brilliant gems

Level 40 - Socket Brilliant
You can socket Brilliant gems

Level 45 - Precise
You can cut Precise gems

Level 50 - Socket Precise
You can socket Precise gems

Level 55 - Perfect
You can cut perfect gems

Level 60 - Socket Perfect
You can socket Perfect gems

This is very creative, but I MUST disagree with you on this. A.) Gemstones are just one of those things where they're either disregardable and useless, or completely necessary in order to have maximum efficiency. Until armor and weapons have unlimited durability, you're essentially making it so that players who do not have access to gems ofte are inherently weaker than everyone else who does, assuming that gemstones are significant at all. My point is, you would be forcing players to rely on gemstones in order for them to be at max effectiveness. This can make things unfair and give jewelers a monopoly. B.) You're only allowing jewlers to socket gemstones. What this does is make it a pain in the ass for players who want to have their gear constantly gemmed, because instead of just buying gems en masse, they need to wait for a player to get on and individually socket each item for them. This can be expensive, time consuming, risky, and a plain pain in the ass for everyone, especially considering everyone will NEED gemmed items in order to stand toe-to-toe with others.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Gems and socketed items are on their way in, that is not the purpose of this suggestion. I am suggesting the proper way to go down this route.
I think it would be cool if you can take armor and put the gems into it with advanced crafting. Gems could be added to potions that would increase stats for a short time.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I love the idea of socketed items, but I don't think we should create a new profession for cutting gems and socketing them. I would say the cutting/socketing should be either given to Smith, Runesmith, or split the socketing and cutting between the two.

Also - how would you obtain socketed armor? Perhaps you could give Smith the ability to socket armor (e.g. hold a gold chestplate, use /skill socket, and then you will have a socketed gold chestplate), and Runesmiths the ability to cut and embed gems.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I disagree with this. I think that would give enchanters too much power over enhanced armor and weapons.
Yea - we enchanters have enough. Smith or Runesmith (preferably a split between the two) could use this. Smith cuts gems and creates sockets in the armor, Runesmith actually sockets the gems in the socketed armor. This give the Smith the "regular" / "physical" acts of cutting a gem and manipulating armor to create sockets, and it gives the Runesmith the "Mystical" act of imbuing the weapon/armor with special power by embedding a gem.