• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

It's been fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I have been a resident on Herocraft for a little over 2 years now. I took off one year prior to my return back in March of 2013, and came back and strived to help the community stick together and make the server a bit more enjoyable. Life is coming to a point where I need to focus on the priorities that do not include spending well over 15 hours a week on a game server and better apply that time to something that will begin a new page for me. Applications for Universities are next fall and grades this Spring are the most important grades of my entire academic career, something that I can not allow something like Herocraft put in danger of achieving.

In my time I've spent here, I've aimed to help grow the community in directions that would make it self sustaining, I've helped build the foundation to allow Herocraft become a multi-server game setup, I've helped solidify a small group of staff members that know what they need to do to keep up building projects and bring out a mod pack that would further enhance the playable experience on Herocraft. I've helped design and implement complex systems to help keep the community growing, such as Townships, and I've helped bring out features that otherwise may have never arrived on Herocraft for another few months.

Having said all that, I will still be popping in to say "Hi" and "Bye" but I won't have time to manage any projects and code development, I'll just be a regular old Admin who players will rarely see on the server, maybe throw the occasional DoD ;).

@LightningCape - I leave you the Architect Team, you've been around long enough to know how to manage a team of volunteers to work on multiple goals

@Rumblestikk - I know you'll work on keeping the mod pack still relevant

@Kainzo - I thank you for all the resources you've provided me to learn to become a better programmer and facilitate my development of being a team player

@Danda - I've enjoyed all the times we've spent together playing around with plugins, starting up ideas to get the Adventure Map project started

@Angyles - You've made being an Admin a whole lot easier and I appreciate that.

@Jonsoon - You have been a most excellent architect in my eyes.

@Sirdemonic3 - You will always be my little 12 year old brother.

@WitchOnaRampage - Your dedication to the community inspired me to keep this up for as long as it has.

@Architects - This doesn't mean you guys can start slacking off! I wanna come back in a month or two and see some progress!

@unknownloner - You probably will never read this, but gimme HeroMod!

@uin153 - pooin, you keep pooing on people.
@Countless others who I can't thank enough.

Last edited:

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
I have been a resident on Herocraft for a little over 2 years now. I took off one year prior to my return back in March of 2013, and came back and strived to help the community stick together and make the server a bit more enjoyable. Life is coming to a point where I need to focus on the priorities that do not include spending well over 15 hours a week on a game server and better apply that time to something that will begin a new page for me. Applications for Universities are next fall and grades this Spring are the most important grades of my entire academic career, something that I can not allow something like Herocraft put in danger of achieving.

In my time I've spent here, I've aimed to help grow the community in directions that would make it self sustaining, I've helped build the foundation to allow Herocraft become a multi-server game setup, I've helped solidify a small group of staff members that know what they need to do to keep up building projects and bring out a mod pack that would further enhance the playable experience on Herocraft. I've helped design and implement complex systems to help keep the community growing, such as Townships, and I've helped bring out features that otherwise may have never arrived on Herocraft for another few months.

Having said all that, I will still be popping in to say "Hi" and "Bye" but I won't have time to manage any projects and code development, I'll just be a regular old Admin who players will rarely see on the server, maybe throw the occasional DoD ;).

@LightningCape - I leave you the Architect Team, you've been around long enough to know how to manage a team of volunteers to work on multiple goals

@Kainzo - I thank you for all the resources you've provided me to learn to become a better programmer and facilitate my development of being a team player

@Danda - I've enjoyed all the times we've spent together playing around with plugins, starting up ideas to get the Adventure Map project started

@WitchOnaRampage - Your dedication to the community inspired me to keep this up for as long as it has.

@Architects - This doesn't mean you guys can start slacking off! I wanna come back in a month or two and see some progress!

Ok I see how it is gabi I hate you too :(

RagingDragon5

Portal

It will be sad to see you gone :(. Thanks for all the work and dedication you put into Herocraft.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I hope for the best for you, Gabi, I truly to. And thank you for being the occasional ear to whine at!
The server was better when you stepped up as Admin, and has only grown from your presence.
You'll be missed, and your absence will be felt.
<3

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I hate to see my favorite admin leave. You definitely made this server a better place. I'll make sure we don't ruin all your hard work.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
@gabizou I just have to say that in the short time I've spoken to you on ts and in game I can say that you're just an awesome individual. Real life will always smash games. If you do have time in the distant future to return know that I'll be waiting. :)

Don't worry I'll be fine...

crying.gif

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Herocraft is definitely going to see some darker days without you around. I know you did a lot more behind the scenes than people realize.

Good luck with life!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Good luck! We'll give you good references :)

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Some of us have been total dicks (jokingly) but me and @dils1 love you very deeply. Thanks for listening to my shit and helping code to form one of my best experiences I ever had on the internet. Good luck!

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
@gabizou Seeya gab, ty for tagging me, i rly appreciate it. oh, and thnks for putting up the museum map man, rly appreciate it.

On a more serious note, have a good one! If I'm still playing if/when you return, I should probably have shot myself by then :p

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
You'll be missed Gabi!
Didn't believe this thread at first!

(You also better keep making coding videos!)

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
GABIIIII NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.