• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Item Kits] Additional Item Kit Suggestions

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Ok first off all, I have no idea how many Kits actually exist out there and which ones are accessible to players and which not.
I only know of the /kit starter, therefore I got another idea to suggest.
And yes, I did my homework in advance, but only found this wiki entry here:
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/June_Notes_2014 .
So please, don't beat me up. Apparently it's a quite recent addition, and because of that, there's not much known about the kits.
I bet the staff is planning to implement more kits. If so, why not take this suggestion as an impulse or "pillar"?

The 2 Class Kits

The Adventurer Kit, /kit adventurer (Kit Grade 2) - not implemented or not accessible
The Master Kit, /kit master (Kit Grade 3) - not implemented or not accessible

1. The Adventurer Kit

Many people see no use in mastering the Lost_Soul class. Which is dumb, indeed.
But many players don't care for the side effects.
It is known that you'll be unable to change a class with 400 souls anytime, after changing class before mastering Lost_Soul via the known hero command or a codex. You'll end up using codices each time you want to change a class!
And sometimes, depending on the player, it truly doesn't matter, until now.
Presenting the Adventurer Kit, the Kit available to everyone who has mastered the Lost_Soul path!

Requirements to get access:
- Master the Lost_Soul class (reach lvl 20)

The Kit contains:
1x Iron Sword - with Sharpness I & UnbreakingI enchantment
1x Iron Pickaxe- with Efficiency II &Unbreaking I enchantment
1x Iron Axe- with Efficiency II & Unbreaking I enchantment
1x Iron Shovel- with Efficiency II & Unbreaking I enchantment
1x Iron Hoe - with Efficiency II & Unbreaking I enchantment
10x Bread
10x Melons
10x Torches

2. The Master Kit

Once you've mastered a class you get the classe's title as reward, indicating a Master of a Class. You will be able to use all skills of that class. But that's it. Why not giving a little bonus to players? I mean, for the long way they had to go and the time they've spent mastering a class? The Master Kit should be an adequate reward, in addition to the title.

- The player must've mastered Lost_Soul class (reached lvl 20)
- Master any other class after mastering Lost_Soul (reach lvl 65 on any class)

The Kit contains:

1x Diamond Sword - with Sharpness III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Pickaxe - with Efficiency III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Axe - with Sharpness III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Shovel - with Efficiency III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Hoe - with Efficiency III & Unbreaking III enchantment
10x Potions of Healing II
10x Potions of Swiftness II
500 Souls

The 2 Profession Kits
The Crafter Kit, /kit crafter (Kit Grade 1) - not implemented or not accessible
The Completer Kit, /kit completer (Kit Grade 2) - not implemented or not accessible

1. The Crafter Kit
With mastering the Crafter profession you've proven yourself persistent and motivated. You therefore fulfil the necessary requirements to take on the real challenge of mastering a superior profession. This Kit shall help you getting started with your future path!

Requirements to access:
- Master the Crafter profession (reach lvl 20)

The Kit contains:
6x Diamonds
30x Redstone
30x Iron Ingots
20x Torches
30x Coal
30x Sticks
100x Souls​

2. The Completer Kit
Mastering a profession takes much time, and depending on the profession it's much work to be done. Not everyone achieves the success of becoming a master of one profession. Those that remained loyal their path until it's end shall be rewarded with the profession Completer Kit!

Requirements to access:
- The player must've mastered the Crafter profession (reach lvl 20)
- Master any other profession after mastering Crafter (reach lvl 60 on any profession)
The Kit contains:
60x Diamonds
40x Emerald
60x Redstone
60x Iron Ingots
60x Gold Ingots
60x Gunpowder
500 Souls​

The 4 Season Kits
The Season Kit: Spring, /kit spring (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible
The Season Kit: Summer, /kit summer (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible
The Season Kit: Autumn, /kit autumn (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible
The Season Kit: Winter, /kit winter (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible

1. The Spring Kit

The trees and flowers sprout anew.
With the new year, you can feel the world awaking from it's sleep.
A peaceful season in which the Heroes celebrate the upcoming year, with this kit!

Requirements:
Spring season (in real life)

The kit contains:
15x Flowers of each flower kin
10x Vines
10x Seeds of all kin
10x Eggs
15x Dye of each color
2. The Summer Kit

It's hot outside.
Looking up to the sky you literally feel the sun singeing you.
This kit truly allows Heroes to enjoy the warmest of all seasons!

Requirements:
Summer season (in real life)

The kit contains:

5x Roasted meat of all animal kin
2x Buckets of Water
15x Ice Blocks
5x Apples
15x Sand
3. The Autumn Kit
The trees are losing their leaves once again.
Looking out of the window you see the many colors nature has to offer.
The heroes celebrate the rustic season with this fitting kit!

Requirements:
Autumn season (in real life)
The kit contains:
10x Roasted meat of all animal kin
10x Leaves of all tree kin
10x Pumpkins
30x Seeds of all plants that offer seeds
10x Apples

4. The Winter Kit

It's cold and dark outside.

The mountains are covered with snow, the rivers frozen.
This kit puts a smile on every Hero's face in the coldest of all seasons!

Requirements:
Winter season (in real life)

The kit contains:
10x Wood of each tree kin
10x Wool
30x Snowballs
10x Ice Blocks
10x Coal

Additional suggestion according to Item Kits:

Make them unique. A one time use command for each player. Because you can use the /kit starter (apparently) so often you want and get free tools, which again is an exploit and takes the challenge for beginners in some way. That, I point out, is just my opinion.

Create a message that pops up if there's not enough inventory space and do not allow command execution until there's enough inventory space. Additionally create a message that pops up, as soon as a kit command is available to a player. Both messages should pop up in chat, colored but legible.

All Kit rewards, if possible, must be stacked (tools not logically).

Information must be added on wiki and in auto chat messages.

Pro:
- Motivates players to continue a Classes's / Profession's path and master it
- Encourages players to work harder for their goals

Con:
- Rewards could lower the player shop market (in sales of certain tools and goods) slightly
- Could leave players in some kind of inflexibility/stubbornness when it comes to team play and switching between classes & professions several times
_________________________________________________________​

Please note: It's just a suggestion! The items you get from the kits, their enchantments, the requirements to fulfil - just an idea.
If planned to implement, feel free to optimize it after your desire, of course. The best thing about these kits is, that you can even add custom items as reward! The difficulty lies in creating all these kits and making the rewards not too "op" but not too useless/weak/boring either.

Sorry, I know it's a long thread. I was "creative" again...
Feedback appreciated,
but stay constructive.

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
Ok first off all, I have no idea how many Kits actually exist out there and which ones are accessible to players and which not.
I only know of the /kit starter, therefore I got another idea to suggest.
And yes, I did my homework in advance, but only found this wiki entry here:
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/June_Notes_2014 .
So please, don't beat me up. Apparently it's a quite recent addition, and because of that, there's not much known about the kits.
I bet the staff is planning to implement more kits. If so, why not take this suggestion as an impulse or "pillar"?

The 2 Class Kits

The Adventurer Kit, /kit adventurer (Kit Grade 2) - not implemented or not accessible
The Master Kit, /kit master (Kit Grade 3) - not implemented or not accessible

1. The Adventurer Kit

Many people see no use in mastering the Lost_Soul class. Which is dumb, indeed.
But many players don't care for the side effects.
It is known that you'll be unable to change a class with 400 souls anytime, after changing class before mastering Lost_Soul via the known hero command or a codex. You'll end up using codices each time you want to change a class!
And sometimes, depending on the player, it truly doesn't matter, until now.
Presenting the Adventurer Kit, the Kit available to everyone who has mastered the Lost_Soul path!

- Master the Lost_Soul class (reach lvl 20)

The Kit contains:
1x Iron Sword - with Sharpness I & UnbreakingI enchantment
1x Iron Pickaxe- with Efficiency II &Unbreaking I enchantment
1x Iron Axe- with Efficiency II & Unbreaking I enchantment
1x Iron Shovel- with Efficiency II & Unbreaking I enchantment
1x Iron Hoe - with Efficiency II & Unbreaking I enchantment
10x Bread
10x Melons
10x Torches

2. The Master Kit

Once you've mastered a class you get the classe's title as reward, indicating a Master of a Class. You will be able to use all skills of that class. But that's it. Why not giving a little bonus to players? I mean, for the long way they had to go and the time they've spent mastering a class? The Master Kit should be an adequate reward, in addition to the title.

- The player must've mastered Lost_Soul class (reached lvl 20)
- Master any other class after mastering Lost_Soul (reach lvl 65 on any class)

The Kit contains:

1x Diamond Sword - with Sharpness III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Pickaxe - with Efficiency III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Axe - with Sharpness III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Shovel - with Efficiency III & Unbreaking III enchantment
1x Diamond Hoe - with Efficiency III & Unbreaking III enchantment
10x Potions of Healing II
10x Potions of Swiftness II
500 Souls

The 2 Profession Kits
The Crafter Kit, /kit crafter (Kit Grade 1) - not implemented or not accessible
The Completer Kit, /kit completer (Kit Grade 2) - not implemented or not accessible

1. The Crafter Kit
With mastering the Crafter profession you've proven yourself persistent and motivated. You therefore fulfil the necessary requirements to take on the real challenge of mastering a superior profession. This Kit shall help you getting started with your future path!

Requirements to access:
- Master the Crafter profession (reach lvl 20)

The Kit contains:
6x Diamonds
30x Redstone
30x Iron Ingots
20x Torches
30x Coal
30x Sticks
100x Souls​

2. The Completer Kit
Mastering a profession takes much time, and depending on the profession it's much work to be done. Not everyone achieves the success of becoming a master of one profession. Those that remained loyal their path until it's end shall be rewarded with the profession Completer Kit!

Requirements to access:
- The player must've mastered the Crafter profession (reach lvl 20)
- Master any other profession after mastering Crafter (reach lvl 60 on any profession)
The Kit contains:
60x Diamonds
40x Emerald
60x Redstone
60x Iron Ingots
60x Gold Ingots
60x Gunpowder
500 Souls​

The 4 Season Kits
The Season Kit: Spring, /kit spring (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible
The Season Kit: Summer, /kit summer (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible
The Season Kit: Autumn, /kit autumn (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible
The Season Kit: Winter, /kit winter (Season Kit) - not implemented or not accessible

1. The Spring Kit

The trees and flowers sprout anew.
With the new year, you can feel the world awaking from it's sleep.
A peaceful season in which the Heroes celebrate the upcoming year, with this kit!

Requirements:
Spring season (in real life)

The kit contains:
15x Flowers of each flower kin
10x Vines
10x Seeds of all kin
10x Eggs
15x Dye of each color
2. The Summer Kit

It's hot outside.
Looking up to the sky you literally feel the sun singeing you.
This kit truly allows Heroes to enjoy the warmest of all seasons!

Requirements:
Summer season (in real life)

The kit contains:

5x Roasted meat of all animal kin
2x Buckets of Water
15x Ice Blocks
5x Apples
15x Sand
3. The Autumn Kit
The trees are losing their leaves once again.
Looking out of the window you see the many colors nature has to offer.
The heroes celebrate the rustic season with this fitting kit!

Requirements:
Autumn season (in real life)
The kit contains:
10x Roasted meat of all animal kin
10x Leaves of all tree kin
10x Pumpkins
30x Seeds of all plants that offer seeds
10x Apples

4. The Winter Kit

It's cold and dark outside.

The mountains are covered with snow, the rivers frozen.
This kit puts a smile on every Hero's face in the coldest of all seasons!

Requirements:
Winter season (in real life)

The kit contains:
10x Wood of each tree kin
10x Wool
30x Snowballs
10x Ice Blocks
10x Coal

Additional suggestion according to Item Kits:

Make them unique. A one time use command for each player. Because you can use the /kit starter (apparently) so often you want and get free tools, which again is an exploit and takes the challenge for beginners in some way. That, I point out, is just my opinion.

Create a message that pops up if there's not enough inventory space and do not allow command execution until there's enough inventory space. Additionally create a message that pops up, as soon as a kit command is available to a player. Both messages should pop up in chat, colored but legible.

All Kit rewards, if possible, must be stacked (tools not logically).

Information must be added on wiki and in auto chat messages.

Pro:
- Motivates players to continue a Classe's / Profession's path and master it
- Encourages players to work harder for their goals

Con:
- Rewards could lower the player shop market (in sales of certain tools and goods) slightly
- Could leave players in some kind of inflexibility/stubbornness when it comes to team play and switching between classes & professions several times
_________________________________________________________​

Please note: It's just a suggestion! The items you get from the kits, their enchantments, the requirements to fulfil - just an idea.
If planned to implement, feel free to optimize it after your desire, of course. The best thing about these kits is, that you can even add custom items as reward! The difficulty lies in creating all these kits and making the rewards not too "op" but not too useless/weak/boring either.

Sorry, I know it's a long thread. I was "creative" again...
Feedback appreciated,
but stay constructive.

I don't think Kainzo wants this server to be kit heavy. The reason for the starting kit was just to help out newer players. By the time they are able to master they should already have enough resources needed. It is a nice idea though and very organized.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I don't think Kainzo wants this server to be kit heavy. The reason for the starting kit was just to help out newer players. By the time they are able to master they should already have enough resources needed. It is a nice idea though and very organized.

As soon as he gets to think about it, it will end up far down on the priority list anyway. I just thought, if implementing one item kit, why not implement more? We have the technology apparently. I hope that he reads this and appreciates it as idea for a later update.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
If the kits are one time use only I think that this would be a wonderful idea in terms of the class and profession kits.
IE you only get the kit for the first profession/class that you master not one for each.

For the seasonal kits perhaps they could be once a year things or even only available if you log in on a specific day, that way they don't flood the server with items.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8

No to free items. Go out and get your own items, use the economy. This thread's original post goes against the server direction IMO.

Our economy functions, use it if you do not want to put in one type of work do a different type of work, make a chest shop or craft restricted items and sell them, make some money.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter

No to free items. Go out and get your own items, use the economy. This thread's original post goes against the server direction IMO.

Our economy functions, use it if you do not want to put in one type of work do a different type of work, make a chest shop or craft restricted items and sell them, make some money.

Then I'd like to see the starter kit go unique and be acquirable only once for each player, because free items.
You are totally right and I get your point. But if Kainzo thinks so too, the staff must adapt the starter kit to just this direction or if not, erase it completely. Else, your statement wouldn't make sense, I think. Because there's no usage limit on the starter kit and therefore a source of exploitation.

And again at this point, this is a suggestion thread according to implementing new item kits for special achievements and occasions. The rewards are decided by the staff after all, regardless of my suggestion above, and so is the implementation.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Then I'd like to see the starter kit go unique and be acquirable only once for each player, because free items.
You are totally right and I get your point. But if Kainzo thinks so too, the staff must adapt the starter kit to just this direction or if not, erase it completely. Else, your statement wouldn't make sense, I think. Because there's no usage limit on the starter kit and therefore a source of exploitation.

And again at this point, this is a suggestion thread according to implementing new item kits for special achievements and occasions. The rewards are decided by the staff after all, regardless of my suggestion above, and so is the implementation.
The thing about the starter kit is that its what, stone tools and like 5 bread?

There's NO market for stone tools at all, iron is better and crafter can still use it. 5 Bread will not ruin the bread market, if there is one,
Your kits give diamond weapons with enchants that could sell for easy money (Not a lot but no free item should sell for a lot IMO).
Not to mention one kit even gives 500s, that's creating money which would be a bad idea for the economy, not to mention it would also be a free class change

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
The thing about the starter kit is that its what, stone tools and like 5 bread?

There's NO market for stone tools at all, iron is better and crafter can still use it. 5 Bread will not ruin the bread market, if there is one,
Your kits give diamond weapons with enchants that could sell for easy money (Not a lot but no free item should sell for a lot IMO).

I replied to his statement and the logical consequences for the existing kit, even if it sounds rough, however, free is free, turn it the way you want it it's not going to change. I did expect a response like this anyway.

Not to mention one kit even gives 500s, that's creating money which would be a bad idea for the economy, not to mention it would also be a free class change

You didn't read my thread completely.

I don't like to see a quarrel in here, so I am not going to response to such replies any longer.
If you really want to debate about it, do it without me.
But please do think about these things at least:

- The market is dominated by players with a lot of money and experience
- Money does not harm the economy, the more a player has, the more he can spent, the less one would care for keeping it back for hard times (same in real life)
- This could attract new players, in my opinion, I would be attracted by such benefits as a beginner, I would try to get them (the item kits in general, regardless of their rewards).

The key idea of my thread here is to implement new kits. Those you see listed are only examples that should help with possible item kit additions/development, ergo a "suggestion".

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The key idea of my thread here is to implement new kits. Those you see listed are only examples that should help with possible item kit additions/development, ergo a "suggestion".
Firstly: I have read this entire thread.
Secondly: I was giving feedback on your suggestion. Banter like what we both are doing does not help.

Personally I don't see a reason for other kits to be implemented. The only reason the started kit was put in was to help newbies get started so they could at least fight off a zombie.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
To be clear: I personally disagree strongly with the starter kit and skills like /skill SummonSword and /skill AssemblePickaxe. They grant items anywhere on the map. I believe they were implemented because some noobs would quit if they spawned in a desert graveyard or somewhere far from a tree.

/skill SummonFood isn't terrible, it gives Beguiler (non-sustain class) 3 bread. Also fine with Forage, as these two have lore reasons for existing.

/kit starter and /skill summonsword and /skill assemblepickaxe do not hurt the economy, because wood, bread, and stone are plentiful. Your suggested kits hurt the economy/activity on the server. This isn't a kit server...

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Personally, I dislike this suggestion as a whole (it is well thought out and wrote very nice though). However, giving players free items for completing certain classes wouldn't be the way to go. choosing a class to play as shouldn't feel like a task or a big grind. Sure, gaining a free kit at the end of mastering a class would be nice however rewards should be given to the player throughout the levelling process of the class. This could come in the form of;

As a farmer, you sacrifice 10 stacks of bread for a chance of getting a special farmer related item. Ect ect