• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion It looks like we've taken a step...backwards?

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
I have rejoined herocraft this reset in hopes for it to live up to the great expectations I had in mind. At first I was appalled, everything was great! (Aside from lag of course). I soon began to realize that herocraft has not in fact improved... compared to previously I suppose.

Buildings, structures, the map, fluency, and server efficiency all improved dramatically, but the fundamentals of the game still require major improvements.

Why I think we took a step backwards is because of everything that is missing:
- The arena... the greatest part of hc to my eyes
- Quests... the one thing that made leveling a little less cancer
- The towny plugin is much less efficient than before
- Players are more required to go to the wiki for information
And other stuff

I ask this honestly, what am I to do on this server? Leveling is next to impossible. I say this without exaggeration, I need to take a full 9 bar slot of iron axes just to kill around 12 mobs before they all break... this is ridiculous. And yes, I am utilizing the charge attack function, the weapon still breaks far too fast, either that or the mobs are so strong for no reason. The regular mobs are starting to feel more like elites compared to the last map, weapon damage is so low that it takes around 6 minutes to kill one mob that grants utter useless exp.

Maybe I should make souls build up my town and such, which is ultimately what most players seek to do. But with the current system, it requires far too much time to even achieve these things, which isn't a bad thing. It should always take time to achieve a long term goal like that, but just sitting in one spot, and left clicking.... that is not fun, that is a waste of time. Quests at least made farming mobs enjoyable, but now its so lackluster.

Mobs need to be easier to farm, simply said. Maybe it's because I've been doing it over and over for 3 years, but I do know 64 exp for 5ish minutes of just left clicking AND losing all the durability on your weapon... is outrageous.

You're probably about reply, "if you don't like the server, leave" This is pretty much what I've been told over and over again for 3 years whenever I made an honest suggestion thread. Sorry, but I hate just running from things that need fixing, it only gives it an opportunity to get much worse. As stubborn as hc is, I'll keep making suggestions, and maybe some day they'll get answered who knows.

I understand the reset is fresh, don't get it twisted. This isn't a hate thread, it's a suggestion thread, treat it as such. I don't give two craps about responses like "You're just bad" just agree, or disagree, keep your inner 5 year old in check. I say this because it has happened countless times before, and its agitating. Thanks for reading the post, (or skimming through it like most people would), I appreciate your time.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Your main issue with grinding is that it isn't meant to be done solo. Mobs were made with party PVE in mind, so they are much stronger than normal. Just get a party man.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Your main issue with grinding is that it isn't meant to be done solo. Mobs were made with party PVE in mind, so they are much stronger than normal. Just get a party man.
Not everyone will have a party at all times, there should still be incentives for solo play.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2

My opinions: Arena has and always will be a thing put in as a last ditch effort to prevent map decay, there really isn't much to it, just the same thing every time with the same maps and the same outcomes. I think it's a good thing arena isn't in the game. It wasn't put in at the start of last map, because it wasn't needed, and when we asked for it before, it pretty much was the signal that the server was on a decline. Quests were only put in to alleviate the horrors of leveling with old dungeons. Quests were literally a bandaid on a tumor, they weren't fun they just made leveling actually possible. I don't see how doing the same quest over and over again kill the same mobs that you kill anyways added any more fun to the experience, just made the times in the dungeons a little less shorter.

In terms of towny, I'm not sure what you mean by less efficient, like you are able to expand less? I'll admit I don't run towns very often but it seems that the actual town functions hasn't changed at all from what last map had, the claim system is the same, town spawn exists and many other features have stayed the same to what people are familiar with. There is an actual town bank to store town upgrade items, and town upgrades actually require town mates to work together to achieve them. I like this change, makes being in a town worth it. Can you explain yourself more about towns? They aren't and never have been something for solo players(unless you just live in the most basic unit, which is also the same just buy a chunk and pay taxes.

And this hasn't always been the case? There is a lot of new stuff on this map, and I don't blame guides for not being able to fire off the coords to all the dungeons at once. Changes have been made and there needs to be an adjustment period. At least everyone knows what the cobwebs are, no need to go to the wiki for that info

And other stuff

Stuff!

Block of Text

Leveling isn't impossible, if you think this is impossible, you should have seen the dungeons when they first came out, at least you can kill mobs at this point. However, I agree that items are breaking too fast compared to the mobs. I say we should have all armor, weapons, and shields only take damage on death, not based on how much damage was done too them. IMO yes dungeon mobs are closer to elites(they have yellow names already!) but normal mobs outside of them aren't even close to green t6 mobs. Those are easy to kill. 1.9 AI made skeletons a bit harder yes, but we have hero skills and those make quick work of any normal mob.

I honestly think we've tried everything at this point with leveling, I say we just have a simple system of it, get it over and done with. Attempting to make leveling a core aspect of the server( as in something you always do constantly) is what I feel is giving rise to many issues, constant changes that seem to please no one. Make leveling quick simple and not take ages(which this map has taken steps towards), and the faster we can get to doing the more fun things on the server. Just my opinion.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
My opinions: Arena has and always will be a thing put in as a last ditch effort to prevent map decay, there really isn't much to it, just the same thing every time with the same maps and the same outcomes. I think it's a good thing arena isn't in the game. It wasn't put in at the start of last map, because it wasn't needed, and when we asked for it before, it pretty much was the signal that the server was on a decline. Quests were only put in to alleviate the horrors of leveling with old dungeons. Quests were literally a bandaid on a tumor, they weren't fun they just made leveling actually possible. I don't see how doing the same quest over and over again kill the same mobs that you kill anyways added any more fun to the experience, just made the times in the dungeons a little less shorter.

In terms of towny, I'm not sure what you mean by less efficient, like you are able to expand less? I'll admit I don't run towns very often but it seems that the actual town functions hasn't changed at all from what last map had, the claim system is the same, town spawn exists and many other features have stayed the same to what people are familiar with. There is an actual town bank to store town upgrade items, and town upgrades actually require town mates to work together to achieve them. I like this change, makes being in a town worth it. Can you explain yourself more about towns? They aren't and never have been something for solo players(unless you just live in the most basic unit, which is also the same just buy a chunk and pay taxes.

And this hasn't always been the case? There is a lot of new stuff on this map, and I don't blame guides for not being able to fire off the coords to all the dungeons at once. Changes have been made and there needs to be an adjustment period. At least everyone knows what the cobwebs are, no need to go to the wiki for that info

Stuff!

Leveling isn't impossible, if you think this is impossible, you should have seen the dungeons when they first came out, at least you can kill mobs at this point. However, I agree that items are breaking too fast compared to the mobs. I say we should have all armor, weapons, and shields only take damage on death, not based on how much damage was done too them. IMO yes dungeon mobs are closer to elites(they have yellow names already!) but normal mobs outside of them aren't even close to green t6 mobs. Those are easy to kill. 1.9 AI made skeletons a bit harder yes, but we have hero skills and those make quick work of any normal mob.

I honestly think we've tried everything at this point with leveling, I say we just have a simple system of it, get it over and done with. Attempting to make leveling a core aspect of the server( as in something you always do constantly) is what I feel is giving rise to many issues, constant changes that seem to please no one. Make leveling quick simple and not take ages(which this map has taken steps towards), and the faster we can get to doing the more fun things on the server. Just my opinion.
While I do appreciate your input, this was rather idiotic to me. To all of this you pretty much said "You think __ is bad? you shouldve seen ___" Its ok to look on the past to feel better about the present, but just because something was WORSE before, does not mean it is perfectly fine now. You said that the arena was just a sign of decline? I think that's a very odd assumption to make solely based on it being added during that specific time. I think the arena is one of the only fun past times on herocraft, there is quite literally nothing else to do other than mine, and kill dungeon mobs for hours. I completely agree with the damage only on death though, wasn't this the case before? I don't remember. I also think leveling has had many changes, and while it would be tedious to change still, I just feel lt takes much longer to level compared to last map. The current meta of servers are fast paced action, (Kind of why minigame servers are thriving right now) and I believe herocraft needs to mend itself into this meta. The slow grind for exp and levels (I think) is what drives some players away after playing fast paced server like clans or something. While I do enjoy herocrafts own niche on things, I do think it needs to reform a bit.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
While I do appreciate your input, this was rather idiotic to me. To all of this you pretty much said "You think __ is bad? you shouldve seen ___" Its ok to look on the past to feel better about the present, but just because something was WORSE before, does not mean it is perfectly fine now. You said that the arena was just a sign of decline? I think that's a very odd assumption to make solely based on it being added during that specific time. I think the arena is one of the only fun past times on herocraft, there is quite literally nothing else to do other than mine, and kill dungeon mobs for hours. I completely agree with the damage only on death though, wasn't this the case before? I don't remember. I also think leveling has had many changes, and while it would be tedious to change still, I just feel lt takes much longer to level compared to last map. The current meta of servers are fast paced action, (Kind of why minigame servers are thriving right now) and I believe herocraft needs to mend itself into this meta. The slow grind for exp and levels (I think) is what drives some players away after playing fast paced server like clans or something. While I do enjoy herocrafts own niche on things, I do think it needs to reform a bit.

I also felt your initial post was idiotic and short signed, with most of the info based on someone's experience who hasn't even been on the server as long as other people, or even on this map as long as other people, but I decided to ignore those because I didn't feel like they were at all relevant to my argument, and might present themselves as logically deficient.

I never said anything was fine, I was pointing out that things aren't as bad as they might seem, I don't think the current system is perfect, however I do think it's a step in the right direction, rather than what you suggest in the title "backwards". How can something be a step backwards if it's better than what it was before? To me leveling was just a means, not an objective. I think the issue that's now arising in the server isn't people split down the line between PvP/PvE but rather people split in their idea of what leveling is to them. Some people few leveling, and as such PvE, as the main feature of the server, others feel that it's just the means that everyone has to do in order to enjoy the other things on the server, put in a little time right now, and later you get to use the class you leveled in action. There I feel lies the real difference in players, and I don't think there is anything that can be done to change that. People will like what they like.

You're right about there only being nothing else other than mine and killing mobs, that's why every time people will start pvping and randomly killing people in popular spots. Those that are killed take it personally, like they were being specially hunted because they were new, but what they fail to realize, is that after a week, there really isn't anything else to do. That's why people say that this is a server with heavy pvp influences, and why many people go on to say that this is a pvp server, aside from this, there isn't anything to do. You aren't wrong.

I call arena as a sign of decline because that was quite literally the argument we had in the past two maps in asking them to be put in. No one would ever leave their town/spawn anymore, so the only logical solution left is to give those players who seem to not want to do anything else the "Herocraft" experience while it really just being a facade to what the real experience is. If arena was implemented right now, what motivation would players have to ever even leave spawn after they're done leveling? Master a class you want to play, then just sit around spamming /a j in chat until you can get a simulation of a fight in a 3 year old arena that's too small for any thing really interesting to happen. Some classes counter others, people die and you get pennies back for winning. To me that's the beginning of the end and that's why I called it a sign of decline, a last ditch effort to get a little bit of action in at the end of the map.

I disagree with your statement on how long it takes for a person to level, I personally finished my tier 1 class very quickly while missing most of the boosts, much faster than what it took for me to do last map with the new dungeons.

I don't have a hard opinion if Herocraft should become more like a mini game server. Those don't have community or friendships, it's just running around and playing a few rounds before leaving, at that point why even make efforts to improve the game or experience. But again, just my opinion.

I have rejoined herocraft this reset in hopes for it to live up to the great expectations I had in mind. At first I was appalled, everything was great! (Aside from lag of course). I soon began to realize that herocraft has not in fact improved... compared to previously I suppose.

Buildings, structures, the map, fluency, and server efficiency all improved dramatically, but the fundamentals of the game still require major improvements.

Why I think we took a step backwards is because of everything that is missing:
And other stuff

I ask this honestly, what am I to do on this server? Leveling is next to impossible. I say this without exaggeration, I need to take a full 9 bar slot of iron axes just to kill around 12 mobs before they all break... this is ridiculous. And yes, I am utilizing the charge attack function, the weapon still breaks far too fast, either that or the mobs are so strong for no reason. The regular mobs are starting to feel more like elites compared to the last map, weapon damage is so low that it takes around 6 minutes to kill one mob that grants utter useless exp.

Maybe I should make souls build up my town and such, which is ultimately what most players seek to do. But with the current system, it requires far too much time to even achieve these things, which isn't a bad thing. It should always take time to achieve a long term goal like that, but just sitting in one spot, and left clicking.... that is not fun, that is a waste of time. Quests at least made farming mobs enjoyable, but now its so lackluster.

Mobs need to be easier to farm, simply said. Maybe it's because I've been doing it over and over for 3 years, but I do know 64 exp for 5ish minutes of just left clicking AND losing all the durability on your weapon... is outrageous.

You're probably about reply, "if you don't like the server, leave" This is pretty much what I've been told over and over again for 3 years whenever I made an honest suggestion thread. Sorry, but I hate just running from things that need fixing, it only gives it an opportunity to get much worse. As stubborn as hc is, I'll keep making suggestions, and maybe some day they'll get answered who knows.

I understand the reset is fresh, don't get it twisted. This isn't a hate thread, it's a suggestion thread, treat it as such. I don't give two craps about responses like "You're just bad" just agree, or disagree, keep your inner 5 year old in check. I say this because it has happened countless times before, and its agitating. Thanks for reading the post, (or skimming through it like most people would), I appreciate your time.
I'm just responding to the initial points. I read the text block, but I forget what it said already.

1. Arena I agree with Josh on that actually.

2. Yeah, quests just gave extra exp. With the adjusted leveling rates it's still actually faster to level. I think it must be pretty easy to level since I haven't done any grinding (just cleared mobs when building around my town) and voted, but I'm a level 26 wizard. Sure, that's not a high level, but I've literally put 0 effort into leveling. If I got with one of the many leveling parties going on at one time and grinded some I could actually level. Weapon durability I don't know about, I'm a wizard and all, not huge on melee.

3. I've been running my town since the start of the map, and I find it quite simple. Sure, there are a couple convenience things I will suggest once more important things are implemented, but it's all been easy.

4. Yeah, I agree with this. I've looked at the wiki a few times to check certain commands, town rank permissions, and skills, but it's a really complicated group of plug ins. There's no way all that information can be fit into the game.

5. Great description

And in the immortal words of cancer everywhere, "if you don't like it, leave."

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
I also felt your initial post was idiotic and short signed, with most of the info based on someone's experience who hasn't even been on the server as long as other people, or even on this map as long as other people, but I decided to ignore those because I didn't feel like they were at all relevant to my argument, and might present themselves as logically deficient.

I never said anything was fine, I was pointing out that things aren't as bad as they might seem, I don't think the current system is perfect, however I do think it's a step in the right direction, rather than what you suggest in the title "backwards". How can something be a step backwards if it's better than what it was before? To me leveling was just a means, not an objective. I think the issue that's now arising in the server isn't people split down the line between PvP/PvE but rather people split in their idea of what leveling is to them. Some people few leveling, and as such PvE, as the main feature of the server, others feel that it's just the means that everyone has to do in order to enjoy the other things on the server, put in a little time right now, and later you get to use the class you leveled in action. There I feel lies the real difference in players, and I don't think there is anything that can be done to change that. People will like what they like.

You're right about there only being nothing else other than mine and killing mobs, that's why every time people will start pvping and randomly killing people in popular spots. Those that are killed take it personally, like they were being specially hunted because they were new, but what they fail to realize, is that after a week, there really isn't anything else to do. That's why people say that this is a server with heavy pvp influences, and why many people go on to say that this is a pvp server, aside from this, there isn't anything to do. You aren't wrong.

I call arena as a sign of decline because that was quite literally the argument we had in the past two maps in asking them to be put in. No one would ever leave their town/spawn anymore, so the only logical solution left is to give those players who seem to not want to do anything else the "Herocraft" experience while it really just being a facade to what the real experience is. If arena was implemented right now, what motivation would players have to ever even leave spawn after they're done leveling? Master a class you want to play, then just sit around spamming /a j in chat until you can get a simulation of a fight in a 3 year old arena that's too small for any thing really interesting to happen. Some classes counter others, people die and you get pennies back for winning. To me that's the beginning of the end and that's why I called it a sign of decline, a last ditch effort to get a little bit of action in at the end of the map.

I disagree with your statement on how long it takes for a person to level, I personally finished my tier 1 class very quickly while missing most of the boosts, much faster than what it took for me to do last map with the new dungeons.

I don't have a hard opinion if Herocraft should become more like a mini game server. Those don't have community or friendships, it's just running around and playing a few rounds before leaving, at that point why even make efforts to improve the game or experience. But again, just my opinion.
It seems like not a lot of people have a leveling issue, maybe it's the specific dungeon I go to? Then tell me, is it normal for a leather armor 4.4k hp melee mob to give 63xp? That is what I get from the mobs at the dungeon I go to. Perhaps it is the specific dungeon that isn't wired correctly, leading me to make an assumption that it was server wide? As for arena, is it not something that can still be implemented? Heck old maps shouldn't be a huge issue, I'd even volunteer to make some decent new ones. I agree though most people wouldn't even leave their town when they can just aj, perhaps making the arena more risky like dropping loot / more money would avoid aj spam.

I phrased the thread 'backwards' mostly because of the things I saw missing compared to past maps, though this is understandable considering the server is on 1.9 now, I suppose some things just needed to go. Since it is apparent that there are minimal things to do on the server aside from what was mentioned, are there any plans for events of any kind? Of all rpg servers I've played on I have seen two things drive it forward the most. Music, and events. I'm not too informed on the plans for herocraft, nor do I really want to be, but I am a bit curious, what are the plans for some steps further?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
This is actually my favorite map so far in a while... I liked Bastion and Haven, hated Aegis, thought Valorium had a good start but after that didn't really like any of the maps. We've actually gotten some good, even, random fights that we did not need to organize and that were not part of an event which to me is almost key to a map's success. I remember being able to go to AD on Haven with a group to kill a kid in their swamp only to wait maybe 10 mins max for them to get their group of 10 to come track us down. To me World PvP is essential and has lacked in many other maps.

So far I've enjoyed this town plugin much better than Towny. They are similar in the way that you claim by chunk, you get a townspawn at the cost of coins etc but it's being customized a lot more for Herocraft with things like bankers it looks like. Things that I think might be missing I guess are like the Karma system from Bastion instead of ELO (because ELO is a terrible system) and maybe conquest points? Not really sure how I feel about conquest points, at times they gave another reason to pvp but they were mostly just farmed for medals at no risk which I didn't like, medals were worthless because it was so easy to get 5+ stacks fairly fast.

Right now the main things I want to see are: 1. More classes 2. More events (these are being talked about) 3. More Herald apps (Videomakers/editors especially) :p 4. Maybe quests? I don't care for these, but others really want them

Really do want to see more classes though, the only ones I haven't played are the updated legendary classes and they won't really be fun if they are too overpowered :(

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
This is actually my favorite map so far in a while... I liked Bastion and Haven, hated Aegis, thought Valorium had a good start but after that didn't really like any of the maps. We've actually gotten some good, even, random fights that we did not need to organize and that were not part of an event which to me is almost key to a map's success. I remember being able to go to AD on Haven with a group to kill a kid in their swamp only to wait maybe 10 mins max for them to get their group of 10 to come track us down. To me World PvP is essential and has lacked in many other maps.

So far I've enjoyed this town plugin much better than Towny. They are similar in the way that you claim by chunk, you get a townspawn at the cost of coins etc but it's being customized a lot more for Herocraft with things like bankers it looks like. Things that I think might be missing I guess are like the Karma system from Bastion instead of ELO (because ELO is a terrible system) and maybe conquest points? Not really sure how I feel about conquest points, at times they gave another reason to pvp but they were mostly just farmed for medals at no risk which I didn't like, medals were worthless because it was so easy to get 5+ stacks fairly fast.

Right now the main things I want to see are: 1. More classes 2. More events (these are being talked about) 3. More Herald apps (Videomakers/editors especially) :p 4. Maybe quests? I don't care for these, but others really want them

Really do want to see more classes though, the only ones I haven't played are the updated legendary classes and they won't really be fun if they are too overpowered :(
New classes are hard because we all have ideas but no ability to implement any of our ideas. Like I really want to split Shaman and Bloodmage into offensive and defensive forms, imagine a bloodmage that marks their targets and just tears things apart, but all the skills require mana and health from a really small pool, I would have fun with a new glass cannon that isn't wizard. Or a class with 0 melee abilities and only relies on projectiles that they can fire at a set rate, with abilities all based on those projectiles.

New classes are hard because we all have ideas but no ability to implement any of our ideas. Like I really want to split Shaman and Bloodmage into offensive and defensive forms, imagine a bloodmage that marks their targets and just tears things apart, but all the skills require mana and health from a really small pool, I would have fun with a new glass cannon that isn't wizard. Or a class with 0 melee abilities and only relies on projectiles that they can fire at a set rate, with abilities all based on those projectiles.
There were a couple skills Naomi posted a while ago that I thought could go together in a cool mid-ranged/melee class. Would be like a mix of goon and ranger, which sounds too effective in any situation other than long-range.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
There were a couple skills Naomi posted a while ago that I thought could go together in a cool mid-ranged/melee class. Would be like a mix of goon and ranger, which sounds too effective in any situation other than long-range.
There are a few new skills that are un-used atm, but I wouldn't want to just take them all and throw them together and call it a class lol, I really like having a nice variety of well designed classes, but I totally digress and am getting off topic from what this post is about.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I just want Bastion leveling back. All this scaling HP BS, nonexistent overworld spawn rates, and elites with damage you can't avoid crap gets old really fast.

JacobBurkey

Portal
arena fucking sucks you're a noob if you think it's good for the server, it promotes pussies who only hide in their towns and use arena to fight instead of going around the world fighting like it's supposed to be

I just want Bastion leveling back. All this scaling HP BS, nonexistent overworld spawn rates, and elites with damage you can't avoid crap gets old really fast.
^^^^

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Did not read everything, but I'll just take a swing. Arena was "okay" to me. I liked it, but I don't remember being as much real world fighting/raiding as I would have liked. In my eyes, the server has a lot of fun stuff coming in this map. I feel like there has been a lot of work to be done for such a small amount of staff, so, I cut them some slack. We have gained some more developers recently from what I have seen and things are speeding up. Something I would like to see more is involvement between town members in a single town, but that really depends on the town's leadership and organization which is not something we can fix. A main thing I want to see is maybe a return of villagers for towns to breed and trade with. I really enjoyed trading random items for other things for Merchants. The ones at the exchange are cool and all, but it's just too dumbed down to me and strips away the fun in obtaining the cool items and gear through the Merchant profession. Quests were also interesting, but seemed to be in a alpha/beta state when they came in to Bastion. They were a good way for new players to make money aside from voting.

I'm too tired to think further about this, but this map can appear "plain" or "boring" right now, but there is much potential and interesting stuff coming in.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Why cant you avoid the damage? They don't do direct damage and they melee swing.

Townships plugin is 100 times better than Towny. It has a large support for the gameplay we want to, its just taking some time to get right.

EXP grinding is part of the game, Trazil has 9 classes mastered in less than 3 weeks of gameplay. If you can't master 1, you arent trying, at all.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Why cant you avoid the damage? They don't do direct damage and they melee swing.

Townships plugin is 100 times better than Towny. It has a large support for the gameplay we want to, its just taking some time to get right.

EXP grinding is part of the game, Trazil has 9 classes mastered in less than 3 weeks of gameplay. If you can't master 1, you arent trying, at all.

When an Elite uses Teleport on me, I take damage every single time because it's right on top of me and I can't do anything about it. Maybe there's a way to avoid damage after Teleport that I haven't discovered yet, I dunno.

I didn't say anything about townships, but I'll agree with you that the current plugin blows Towny out of the water.

4d1abb7330.png

I also never said leveling was impossible, just that it's painfully tedious when you don't have a party of 8 and a $23-$46 boost. I'll admit, it becomes a breeze at that point but I just don't agree with trying to force a "you HAVE to be in a big group to level" mentality when we're an already small community. It's okay for someone like me who is in a town of 18 people that are quite active, but there's no guarantee that others will always have friends online to level with. It's a common theme in most MMOs that you need a group to do a lot, yes, but I haven't seen one where you can barely level at all without one.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
When an Elite uses Teleport on me, I take damage every single time because it's right on top of me and I can't do anything about it. Maybe there's a way to avoid damage after Teleport that I haven't discovered yet, I dunno.

I didn't say anything about townships, but I'll agree with you that the current plugin blows Towny out of the water.

4d1abb7330.png

I also never said leveling was impossible, just that it's painfully tedious when you don't have a party of 8 and a $23-$46 boost. I'll admit, it becomes a breeze at that point but I just don't agree with trying to force a "you HAVE to be in a big group to level" mentality when we're an already small community. It's okay for someone like me who is in a town of 18 people that are quite active, but there's no guarantee that others will always have friends online to level with. It's a common theme in most MMOs that you need a group to do a lot, yes, but I haven't seen one where you can barely level at all without one.
I've removed the elite teleport for these mobs. Thanks for the feedback!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

One of those classes is crafter :p but still, ore regen may have made the ores worth less but it made leveling prods a ton more friendly which IMO is nice. Maybe a slight buff to farmer xp? Ore regen does make ores worth less but that can be changed with in game shops. Maybe bankers can deal in all "valuable gems and minerals"? This could include Gold Emerald and diamonds. It would set a server "standard" in price for those items. Maybe make it require a stack of emerald/gold blocks to change relations with a town etc.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
One of those classes is crafter :p but still, ore regen may have made the ores worth less but it made leveling prods a ton more friendly which IMO is nice. Maybe a slight buff to farmer xp? Ore regen does make ores worth less but that can be changed with in game shops. Maybe bankers can deal in all "valuable gems and minerals"? This could include Gold Emerald and diamonds. It would set a server "standard" in price for those items. Maybe make it require a stack of emerald/gold blocks to change relations with a town etc.
WE should add emeralds to town cost, and double what the diamond requirement is. I think would take out a nice chunk of the emeralds in the map.