• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Is it a good time to come back?

Nightroado

Obsidian
Hi all.

Thinking of returning to Herocraft. Had a few questions.

(1) How's the PVP?
I ran around on the PVP server for hours and saw no one.

(2) How the PVE?
The classes seem tweaked better than before and I've found a few PvE dungeons which is cool. Is the world stripped of resources from the map being several months old?

(3) Is township broken?
I've watched chat and it seems like there are a number of people displeased with the current state of town protection, but I couldn't get anyone to explain what was wrong with it.

(4) Awesome town to join?
Looking for a home. Want a safe place to stay where the townies are mature and awesome, no trolls.

(5) Overall, is it worth coming back now or should I wait until something is fixed/reset?

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Hi Nightroado :D. I'll respond on a couple of points.

Dungeons - custom-made dungeons are spread over both maps - I think there's about 50 of them. They look like temple ruins from ground level, and can be located on the dynamap at hc.to/map. Most mobs spawn in the dungeons, not in the wild.

Map - is huge (8000x8000 blocks) and isn't likely to be stripped of resources any time soon.

Movement between PvE and PvP - is easy, all on the same map, money, items etc all transfer, exp gained at the same rates on each continent.

Township plugin - provides a lot of good challenge! It's not as broken as it may appear from the chat - although there have been quite a few frustrations with it. It's actively being worked on.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
PVP was amazing in the first month of the map, but isn't great anymore and continues to drop :/

Nightroado

Obsidian
Thanks for the feedback. I had a question I forgot to ask: Why is there a section for allocation points if we never get any allocation points to allocate? I was really looking forward to tweaking my stats to how I wanted and /ch h said you never get them.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks for the feedback. I had a question I forgot to ask: Why is there a section for allocation points if we never get any allocation points to allocate? I was really looking forward to tweaking my stats to how I wanted and /ch h said you never get them.
That function was removed at the start of this map. I believe it was removed to make it easier to play for Newer players.

Nightroado

Obsidian
Ah, lame. Thanks for telling me. One last question: Is there still a restriction to how many animals you can have in a chunk? When I built my dragon, I had a dickens of the time gathering the wool for it because they messing with my farm to reduce server latency since apparently the biggest cause of lag back then was processing the AI for all the animals in everyones' farms.

i2ebel

Coal
(1) How's the PVP?
PvP is on the slow side but that's because no one is advertizing for it. All the towns recruiting openly are PvE and people who settle their houses in PvE have a hard time going to PvP and vise versa.

(2) How the PVE?
The map has a ton of tunnels but is nowhere near stripped. Whoever made the map added a ton of ores so even now you can land into diamond after diamond

(3) Is township broken?
Townships are just extremely hard to overthrow. Once power hits zero all protections go down and you can start breaking stuff to raid (and replace). It just takes hours to days to do this and someone has to be with the siege-cannon at all times.

(4) Awesome town to join?
I would say Lenor because its a PvP town in PvE from all the bounties and I'm in it but you might want to settle in a full PvP town. Maybe make your own and get your own army?

(5) Overall, is it worth coming back now or should I wait until something is fixed/reset?
I would stay. Its not like the reset is coming incredibly soon or anything either. I see nothing wrong with the map or server.

Just helping you out here, but join any town BESIDES Lenor, because Luke(The owner of Lenor) has gotten tempbanned and is very close to getting permanently banned. Who wants to be in a town with an owner who doesn't know the rules? Not to mention, the Lenorian empire in and of itself is immature and childish.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Well, if you're looking for a town that has a mix between PVE and PVP. FerrumMous might be an option you'd like to consider. Even though were based in PVE, we will always have one of the biggest parties rolling around PVP looking for players or bounties and normally end up having battles over fallen towns (Skystead was the last town we raided/ fought over). We will average 6 players online during most the day with the peak activity being 9/10 ish players (a few players recently became inactive). We all use TS aswell.

Just throwing my Two cents in here. PvP is there, but as stated, is not recruiting or advertising, so it is mostly small skirmishes.
Towns are strong and Nautilus is looking for active and established players to help us grow.
So if you do decide to stay and play, come look us up :D

@Z4MBOY Luke Started a clan and was recruiting every new player on the server. He was trashing talking a lot and then when he got his ass handed to him, he would cry about fairness, even in a 2v10 fight, where he had the 10. He Osctracized many of his Clanmates when he was talking about setting up prisons for people. On TS he has been homophobic and Rather racist at points as well. Honestly just a R00D Duude.

So he is always bountied and harrassed by the people he pissed off. Seems to be banned a lot recently as well.