• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Iron Golems in 1.2

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
Regarding Iron Golems...

For 1.2, I think it would be cool idea to pay for Iron Golems to act as sentries for towns. The obvious problem here is that towns have tens of thousands of dollars, so any given town could be too well defended, so my easy fix to this is to make the Iron Golems cost more as you go on. By this I mean that the first one would be 750c, then the second one would be 800c and so on. Let me know if you think it's a good idea.

agentjwall

Godly
If I remember correctly, Kainzo said that Iron Golems could be acquired for town defense of "good karma" towns once the karma system is put in place. Or so he hoped...

agentjwall

Godly
I was thinking it would be cool if a profession could make them (engineers maybe?). When created they would be assigned to protect a regioned area and they would try to protect anyone who has access to that region. That way IGs would be able to decern between friend and foe in a battle ^^,

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
I was thinking it would be cool if a profession could make them (engineers maybe?). When created they would be assigned to protect a regioned area and they would try to protect anyone who has access to that region. That way IGs would be able to decern between friend and foe in a battle ^^,

Engineers could use a working and useful skill.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Engineers could use a working and useful skill.

It's the redstone class. Golems have nothing to do with redstone, so it seems unfitting for the class. Unless it was made into an IC that summoned a guardian.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
It's the redstone class. Golems have nothing to do with redstone, so it seems unfitting for the class. Unless it was made into an IC that summoned a guardian.

I would just like a useful working ability. I doubt the IC would work if it were brought over and HC does not create that plugin anyway.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I would just like a useful working ability. I doubt the IC would work if it were brought over and HC does not create that plugin anyway.

If you don't find the circuits and pistons useful you probably shouldn't go engineer to begin with, though.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
If you don't find the circuits and pistons useful you probably shouldn't go engineer to begin with, though.
You misunderstand my meaning. I love engineer for the skills that work but I aspire to use some of the more unique and incredibly useful abilities that are available but not working.

L0ading_

Legacy Supporter 1
clearly smiths and enchanters are the 2 most fitting options.

L0ading_

Legacy Supporter 1
My reasoning behind engineer is that Iron Golems are a sort of machine, and Engineers build machines. IMO they go together hand and hand but I'd be up for other possibilities...
i thought exactly the same before, and i thought it would make the engineer class more popular, but a golem is animated matter, not a machine...
anyways, it looks like neither of them are getting the golem summon, so we dont have to argue about that