• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Introducing Microblocks to the Store

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
haimpWd.png

Above is a small preview of the blocks you will be able to purchase (probably in sets?). Yes, there is a companion cube in there ;)

These blocks will be purely cosmetic and tradable/griefable. There will be a limit to how many one person can purchase to protect abuse.

The ones above are mostly "minecraft" blocks - but others will be released that are less involved with Minecraft and more for immersion in the world.

http://hc.to/microblocks - will be the link to the store category once it has been added.

FAQs:
Yes they are placable, they fit into areas the same as player skulls (they are skinned heads with set textures)
Will the store be the only way to get the blocks? Possibly from events/tournaments as well!!

Last edited:

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Are they placeable? If so, how does it work, since they are smaller than normal blocks?

EDIT: I guess they are placeable, since they are placed in the screenshot. I'm guessing they take up a full-sized block space when placed... so that when placed they'd appear to float somewhat.

Also, are these effected by texture packs (at least, the ones that correspond to normal minecraft blocks)?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Are they placeable? If so, how does it work, since they are smaller than normal blocks?

EDIT: I guess they are placeable, since they are placed in the screenshot. I'm guessing they take up a full-sized block space when placed...
They are player heads that mojang and other people have skinned accounts to have heads that looked like that.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
^ oh, OK that makes sense. So I guess the answer to my other question about texture packs effecting them is no.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
They look like they have about the same size as a placeable head, so they will probably take up one block despite being smaller.

Edit: Jonsoon beat me to it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
FAQs:
Yes they are placable, they fit into areas the same as player skulls (they are skinned heads with set textures)
Will the store be the only way to get the blocks? Possibly from events/tournaments as well!!

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd be interested to know, once the store comes out, which blocks are most popular.
The companion cube? I think the arrows would be pretty popular, they seem the most useful.

Think there's a way to tally how many of which get bought?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd be interested to know, once the store comes out, which blocks are most popular.
The companion cube? I think the arrows would be pretty popular, they seem the most useful.

Think there's a way to tally how many of which get bought?
yep there's a way. I' m not 100% sure how we're going to sell these.

1) we can sell them in "packs" of like 10.. so you can buy 10 companion cubes.
2) they come with no warranty, if you lose them, if they die - if for some reason the skin changes (which should never happen) we don't reimburse.
3) they're trad-able, which may upset "some" people, but as a counter-measure we can limit how many someone can buy, globally (on the store).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

JazzDesignation

Staff member
Coder
Legacy Supporter 8
yep there's a way. I' m not 100% sure howe we're going to sell these.

1) we can sell them in "packs" of like 10.. so you can buy 10 companion cubes.
2) they come with no warranty, if you lose them, if they die - if for some reason the skin changes (which should happen) we don't re-imburse.
3) they're tradable, which may upset "some" people, but as a counter-measure we can limit how many someone can buy, globally (on the store).

What do you guys think?

I think you should offer them as singles and 10s.. Oh and i assume you meant the skin shouldn't change? :p

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey this should be neat. Also I can get a free "Microblock" by changing my skin. Yay!