• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Intro to Herocraft - video wanted

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The "intro to Herocraft" video that was in the wiki Newbie Guide was made in January 2012 for the Dragongarde map!

It's actually very good... but dated :p. It is short, covers the main issues (although "main" might have changed quite a bit), and doesn't labor any points.

Would you like to make an updated version - along this style or whatever style you think would work well - to introduce new players to Herocraft? Fantastic, good on you! :D

@CanDoBlue @EtKEnn @Angyles @Eldrylars @HoldMyPie @Jonsoon @werwew19 @Heralds (double-tagging some Heralds in case the group tag doesn't work for you).

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hehe, yeah, my video has been out of date for a while. If no-one else steps up to do this I'll work on a new set, but it will the the same quality (my voice recorded over a powerpoint, lol.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay, now I know I've said this like 1029890838 billion times, but I finally know the date my new gaming desktop is going to arrive. That date is set to November 15 (Already ordered) , so if no one has stepped up and tried to make one, I'll try when I get it.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Okay, now I know I've said this like 1029890838 billion times, but I finally know the date my new gaming desktop is going to arrive. That date is set to November 15 (Already ordered) , so if no one has stepped up and tried to make one, I'll try when I get it.
Fantastic, thanks Scycor. Have fun with it! (new computer and video making, both ;))

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
The "intro to Herocraft" video that was in the wiki Newbie Guide was made in January 2012 for the Dragongarde map!

It's actually very good... but dated :p. It is short, covers the main issues (although "main" might have changed quite a bit), and doesn't labor any points.

Would you like to make an updated version - along this style or whatever style you think would work well - to introduce new players to Herocraft? Fantastic, good on you! :D

@CanDoBlue @EtKEnn @Angyles @Eldrylars @HoldMyPie @Jonsoon @werwew19 @Heralds (double-tagging some Heralds in case the group tag doesn't work for you).
Been making videos for a while on the Herald team now and would love to do something besides PvP if nobody else wants to take this I would love to.

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
I can't record video, but I can edit it. Also if any of you need help with props or stand-ins for the video. Feel free to msg me in-game, i'd love to help.

Merick76

Stone
yah some videos would be phenomenal considering youtube being incredibly popular, people always look for guides and lets plays, i personally tried to find a sort of lets play for this server but got no pings, and i tried to find a guide on the ninja class and where to put my attribute points still found little to nothing

CanDoBlue

Legacy Supporter 6
yah some videos would be phenomenal considering youtube being incredibly popular, people always look for guides and lets plays, i personally tried to find a sort of lets play for this server but got no pings, and i tried to find a guide on the ninja class and where to put my attribute points still found little to nothing
Thanks, @Merick76 !
This insight is really something we needed to wrap our heads around. I think most of us find it hard to think from a "New Player's" PoV, since we're all older and established in the community and understand the fundamentals of HC.
These are defiantly the key points we should work around first.

Merick76

Stone
a few things i noticed that i was completely clueless about,
what to do/where to go when i was just dropped into haven, so i just wandered about for a while

good ways of avoiding getting pked, my friend over-leveled(where he could be pvp'd) considerably and he was getting killed constantly it eventually made him quit the server

the skills/attributes how do they work and how do they affect the game around you

and most importantly, where to mine for resources, i traveled to the farthest corner of the world only to discover another strip mine, im getting pretty hopeless when it comes to finding resources

and to be honest, a simply lets play of this(preferably with a new account but not necessary) can help people of all kinds understand the game better, not everyone knows the little tricks and secrets that the world keeps hidden(like that amazing gigantic player made tree at the deep north eastern side of the map)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Hehe, yeah, my video has been out of date for a while. If no-one else steps up to do this I'll work on a new set, but it will the the same quality (my voice recorded over a powerpoint, lol.
This helped me so much when I was a newb!

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
a few things i noticed that i was completely clueless about,
what to do/where to go when i was just dropped into haven, so i just wandered about for a while

good ways of avoiding getting pked, my friend over-leveled(where he could be pvp'd) considerably and he was getting killed constantly it eventually made him quit the server

the skills/attributes how do they work and how do they affect the game around you

and most importantly, where to mine for resources, i traveled to the farthest corner of the world only to discover another strip mine, im getting pretty hopeless when it comes to finding resources

and to be honest, a simply lets play of this(preferably with a new account but not necessary) can help people of all kinds understand the game better, not everyone knows the little tricks and secrets that the world keeps hidden(like that amazing gigantic player made tree at the deep north eastern side of the map)
The old newb guide that I rewrote covered some of this. I think it's been lost in translation since then, but I agree that new players are often at a loss when first joining. I was awol for several months and came back to the new map very confused, especially about the attributes system. It's getting better, but I am certainly no master of the information at this point.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The old newb guide that I rewrote covered some of this. I think it's been lost in translation since then, but I agree that new players are often at a loss when first joining.

I think @Merick76 's point it that it would be good for this stuff to be covered in vid form as not everyone's into words - for many people visuals convey information more effectively.

There was a video in the previous Newbie Guide, but it was about 18 months old...!

Merick76

Stone
looking forward to the material lads, anything is always welcome!

quick question, do you guys ever do world resets to get all the ore and stuff back? or is just forever gone?

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I understand, thanks witch. I'm no good with videos, though, so I will gracefully step away from that project, hahaha.

quick question, do you guys ever do world resets to get all the ore and stuff back? or is just forever gone?
Last map, the graylist worlds were constantly expanded to renew resources. If I am not mistaken, they were reset at some point as well, though don't quote me on this, it's been a while. I know the nether gets reset every so often. The whitelist world, Haven, as it is, doesn't get reset until the event of a new map, like what just happened on 4 Oct.