• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

inscopia's reset appeal

inscopia

Legacy Supporter 4
IGN: inscopia
My Story: Today I logged on to notice that my class and profession had been reset to level 1. At this point I created a /pe in game which was responded to by Anglyes who informed me that I had been reset due to using an illegal structure in the nether to level. I myself thought I was up to date with all the herocraft rules, however I made sure to check before posting this thread that I may have been mistaken; "2.2.1 Spawner rooms in any form are now illegal." which was last edited at - "This page was last modified on 26 July 2013, at 21:57." In this case I was. I was not aware that this method was illegal, until now, and I am sorry for doing so. I understand that I was in the wrong and deserve to be a level 1 lostsoul, however I would like to request that my level 60 Alchemy be reinstated, because the experience gained in this manner only contributed toward my combat class.

Kind regards,

inscopia

P.S: Wasn't sure about the format sorry.

@gabizou

EDIT: I was going to post this edit shortly after writing my original appeal above but decided against thinking that it was more than likely that my profession would be reinstated, that was not the case. That is why I have decided to post the edit with a few extra additions, instead of asking to reinstate my profession I would like to explain my story and argue my case.

This is my story: I am assuming that you /hero reset all that were ‘guilty’* without checking their combat level, I was a level 21 lostsoul. I have only been to the nether twice to level. The first time was shortly after I joined this map I was invited by fellow town members to join them in a trip to the nether to level my lost soul, I was only there for 2-3 minutes before I was killed, gave up and left. The second time was just over a week ago when I was invited again to join town members in the nether to level, in this instance they levelled me from 15 to 20 lostsoul before I left.

Case: I would be more than happy to accept my punishment and consequences if what I had done was against the rules, however after reviewing all the Herocraft rules there is no rule until today that explicitly states that method was against the rules. I also disagree with your reply to @FrankyDemon1996 stating that “It was made abundantly clear that using any form of farming where you weren’t able to be attacked by an mobs due to structure…, is illegal” continuing to say that “There was never a rule change regarding this”, how is myself or any player supposed to know that it was against the rules if there was not a rule regarding this ‘issue’? @gabizou I am sure that most people would agree with me in saying that this rule was not made “abundantly clear”.

I also agree with @FrankyDemon1996 post stating that “wrong you are if you think the mobs could not still hit us” especially as a lostsoul I would die frequently from standing too close to the box, when conjuring the pigmen due to their speed and sheer damage, and when running around killing the odd ghast whilst being attacked by pigmen. In addition to this which I discussed in the original appeal I do not see how it is justified that crafter levels are reset as well due to the time in the nether not contributing to crafting experience at all.

From the argument stated above I do not see how it is fair or justified that our levels were reset at all, or that our crafter levels were reset in addition to this.

I have been speaking to fellow Herocraft members and it has been brought to my attention that some people only had their combat reset and not their profession, why am I different if there are "No exceptions."?

I read your comment to @Beastmannn saying “I reset your levels after finding multiple boxes that your name popped up as modifying/making said boxes.”, after some thought I have come to the conclusion that it is likely that one or more blocks had my name attached to them due to me being highly OCD making sure that the boxes were completely square or in one instance I believe someone broke the cobble to come and kill us to which we fixed. I did not contribute or build any of the boxes or nether structures.

@Danda

Last edited:

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
My Story: Today I logged on to notice that my class and profession had been reset to level 1. At this point I created a /pe in game which was responded to by Anglyes who informed me that I had been reset due to using an illegal structure in the nether to level. I myself thought I was up to date with all the herocraft rules, however I made sure to check before posting this thread that I may have been mistaken; "2.2.1 Spawner rooms in any form are now illegal." which was last edited at - "This page was last modified on 26 July 2013, at 21:57." In this case I was. I was not aware that this method was illegal, until now, and I am sorry for doing so. I understand that I was in the wrong and deserve to be a level 1 lostsoul, however I would like to request that my level 60 Alchemy be reinstated, because the experience gained in this manner only contributed toward my combat class.

Kind regards,

inscopia

@gabizou
Sorry, but it's a full level wipe. No exceptions.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Kind regards,

inscopia

@gabizou

EDIT: I was going to post this edit shortly after writing my original appeal above but decided against thinking that it was more than likely that my profession would be reinstated, that was not the case. That is why I have decided to post the edit with a few extra additions, instead of asking to reinstate my profession I would like to explain my story and argue my case.

This is my story: I am assuming that you /hero reset all that were ‘guilty’* without checking their combat level, I was a level 21 lostsoul. I have only been to the nether twice to level. The first time was shortly after I joined this map I was invited by fellow town members to join them in a trip to the nether to level my lost soul, I was only there for 2-3 minutes before I was killed, gave up and left. The second time was just over a week ago when I was invited again to join town members in the nether to level, in this instance they levelled me from 15 to 20 lostsoul before I left.

Case: I would be more than happy to accept my punishment and consequences if what I had done was against the rules, however after reviewing all the Herocraft rules there is no rule until today that explicitly states that method was against the rules. I also disagree with your reply to @FrankyDemon1996 stating that “It was made abundantly clear that using any form of farming where you weren’t able to be attacked by an mobs due to structure…, is illegal” continuing to say that “There was never a rule change regarding this”, how is myself or any player supposed to know that it was against the rules if there was not a rule regarding this ‘issue’? @gabizou I am sure that most people would agree with me in saying that this rule was not made “abundantly clear”.

I also agree with @FrankyDemon1996 post stating that “wrong you are if you think the mobs could not still hit us” especially as a lostsoul I would die frequently from standing too close to the box, when conjuring the pigmen due to their speed and sheer damage, and when running around killing the odd ghast whilst being attacked by pigmen. In addition to this which I discussed in the original appeal I do not see how it is justified that crafter levels are reset as well due to the time in the nether not contributing to crafting experience at all.

From the argument stated above I do not see how it is fair or justified that our levels were reset at all, or that our crafter levels were reset in addition to this.

I have been speaking to fellow Herocraft members and it has been brought to my attention that some people only had their combat reset and not their profession, why am I different if there are "No exceptions."?

I read your comment to @Beastmannn saying “I reset your levels after finding multiple boxes that your name popped up as modifying/making said boxes.”, after some thought I have come to the conclusion that it is likely that one or more blocks had my name attached to them due to me being highly OCD making sure that the boxes were completely square or in one instance I believe someone broke the cobble to come and kill us to which we fixed. I did not contribute or build any of the boxes or nether structures.

@Danda

This is being investigated, if there is a change, we'll update this thread.