• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Individual Skill Levels

Think Herocraft would be more enjoyable with this addition?

• Total voters

Ultanian

Portal
Currently, there is only two types of levels, crafter and combat, which can be leveled extremely fast. Thus we can respec these classes, with almost no benefits other than a title. Now what would make someone want to stay a class longer? I'm thinking each skill deserves its own level, in which increasing gives the player higher efficiency or damage for that skill. But because these would take a considerably long amount of time to level they would not reset after changing classes, and even transfer to another class if they share the same skill. Not all bonuses from this leveling could be related to damage/efficiency, but have added effects which helps the player the more they use it. Max level of a Skill is 10.

Lets look at what this addition would do to some skills.
EDIT: As @ said, this change would be better suited to passive skills and crafter skills, not combat as that would require a complete rework.

Potion- CD decreases by 10 seconds per skill level. To increase level, of course, drink potions! Type of potion affects amount of XP earned.

Tumble- Block height increases by .5 per skill level. To increase level take fall damage. Amount of damage taken affects amount of XP earned.

Sneak- At mastery (Skill Level 10) the sneak holds if attacked. Stamina cost decreases 20 per skill level. To increase level do damage to players while sneaking.

BowStrength- Arrows fly another 1% per skill level. Level by damaging players with bow.

Wolf- For every skill level your wolves have an additional 50 max HP. Level by taming wolves.

Scan- For every skill level you can see one debuff or buff. At mastery you can see attributes. Level by using on players.

BloodUnion- At mastery have a max BloodUnion of 5. Increase level by taking damage from players.

SummonFood- At mastery summon 5 loaves of bread. Level by using.

SummonArrow- At mastery summon 7 arrows. Level by using.

Mining- .9% per skill level to find rare ores while mining stone. Level by mining.

Excavate- .5 seconds per skill level added to duration of excavate. Leveled by blocks broken while using excavate.

Breed, Woodcutting, Herbalism, and Fishing- .6% per skill level for double drops. All leveled by doing there actions, respectively.

SummonAnimal skills- 4% per skill level for 2 animals, 2% per skill level for 3. Leveled by breeding animals.

Runestones- At mastery recalling using runestones costs 8 redstone dust. Leveled by creating runestones as runesmith.

Repair- You can only repair based on skill level. Wood and leather at skill level 1, chainmail at 2, Flint & Steel 3, Stone tools 4, Fishing Rod 5, Iron 6, Bow 7, Shears 8, Diamond 9, and Gold at 10. Leveled by repairing items.

Deconstruct- Same concept as repair, leveled by deconstructing.

Chest Shops- 2 coins less required per skill level. Leveled by players purchasing from shop.

Enchanting- Higher the skill level the higher the enchant. Leveled by enchanting.

TransmuteOre- Higher skill level unlocks betters transmutations. Leveled by using.

I know it's lengthy, but I really think this would be an amazing addition.

Last edited:

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Interesting in concept, however it would require an entire reworking of classes and balancing.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Potion- CD decreases by 10 seconds per skill level. To increase level, of course, drink potions! Type of potion affects amount of XP earned.

Tumble- Block height increases by .5 per skill level. To increase level take fall damage. Amount of damage taken affects amount of XP earned.

Sneak- At mastery (Skill Level 10) the sneak holds if attacked. Stamina cost decreases 20 per skill level. To increase level do damage to players while sneaking.
For universal passives like Potion and Tumble (possibly also path-specific passives like Sneak), adding in an element of increased benefit based on your playtime and usage would be cool. It would be an RP element, and would promote the use of Potions. Possibly some profession skills could benefit from a similar effect, like Shop Creation or animal summoning.

For the rest of the HeroSkills, they are balanced around increasing damage per level, and at 65 they are doing the damage intended. The suggestion to add scaling to individual combat skills would either be 1. A huge project to bascially scale skills back so that a "mastered" skill is a clone of the current lvl 65 damage, cd, etc. OR 2. A huge buff to all classes all at once, that would be impossible to agree upon and implement.

Cool idea!

edit: did not vote, because I said Yessir and Naw aw.

Ultanian

Portal
For universal passives like Potion and Tumble (possibly also path-specific passives like Sneak), adding in an element of increased benefit based on your playtime and usage would be cool. It would be an RP element, and would promote the use of Potions. Possibly some profession skills could benefit from a similar effect, like Shop Creation or animal summoning.

For the rest of the HeroSkills, they are balanced around increasing damage per level, and at 65 they are doing the damage intended. The suggestion to add scaling to individual combat skills would either be 1. A huge project to bascially scale skills back so that a "mastered" skill is a clone of the current lvl 65 damage, cd, etc. OR 2. A huge buff to all classes all at once, that would be impossible to agree upon and implement.

Cool idea!

edit: did not vote, because I said Yessir and Naw aw.
Good point, this would be great to do on profession skills because currently they do not scale off attributes...

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Good point, this would be great to do on profession skills because currently they do not scale off attributes...
I'd like to see this implemented, maybe BerserkerRage could give you an extra 10% more damage when you've done a certain amount of damage to others?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I think this would be a great addition if it was applied to utility skills. Ie Becomedeath, Summon Food, Summon sheep etc.
If this was applied to combat skills (Bone spear, Strike, Bolt etc) it would require a massive massive rework to keep things balanced.
Even Berserker rage I would be a little skeptical about, but I could see it working. This could be a really cool addition if done correctly.

Example of way it works (In my mind at least)

Lvl 1 Become Death - 20% Less time than the current skill
Lvl 2 - 10% Less Time
lvl 3 - Equal to Current Time
Lvl 4 10% More Time
Lvl 5 20% More Time
Lvl increased by: Spending time underwater, killing zombies and skellies while under this effect

This is just an example of how the leveling would affect the skills.

And yes, I play Necro so I used Necro skills an example, but you get the point

A

Azzezima

I totally want to see this in the game!!!
Maybe make it so the higher your level is on scan the more you can see about the players.
For example:
LVL 1: 5 hearts as health (1 heart is 2 hearts)
LVL 2: 10 hearts as health
LVL 3: 10 hearts as health, weapon and armor
LVL 4: 10 hearts as health, weapon, armor and weapon/armor enchants
LVL 5: 10 hearts as health, weapon, armor, weapon/armor enchants and skill levels

This is just how it would look like in my mind.

-Azzezima-

A

Azzezima

I'd like to see this implemented, maybe BerserkerRage could give you an extra 10% more damage when you've done a certain amount of damage to others?
You with your berserker class.....
I don't think they should do that because then the coders need to redo PVP......

-Azzezima-

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Maybe for skills that don't benefit from any attributes, such as Sneak, Potion, SummoningSkills etc.

I like it.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't think people should be able to scan attributes cuz then it doesn't make it a secret anymore D;