• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

In the new map coming out will there be a township cap?

drackiller

Glowstone
I kinda dislike the idea of a township cap as I think it limits creative and advancement in the hero-craft community for those that come in late to a new map. I know that in the previous maps the mass of abandoned towns was considered a problem but I felt that abandoned towns were just adding to the adventure and charm of the hero-craft world. Also with the insane size of the new map I can't believe that overcrowding would be a problem. :)

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I kinda dislike the idea of a township cap as I think it limits creative and advancement in the hero-craft community for those that come in late to a new map. I know that in the previous maps the mass of abandoned towns was considered a problem but I felt that abandoned towns were just adding to the adventure and charm of the hero-craft world. Also with the insane size of the new map I can't believe that overcrowding would be a problem. :)

I think there should be a limit at first - especially with only a 2000R map. Maybe something like 20 towns ? Then when v1.7 comes out and they expand to 5000R the limit should be removed.

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
having tons of towns with barely any members is fucking stupid, limiting the towns would force the player base to group and together and have actual towns with a good amount of players, if you and a group of friends want to play together, make a guild, but there have always been towns with the minimum amount of people that just take up space and are pointless. WE MUST HAVE LIMITS.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not looking for a hard-cap this time around, we'll be making it harder to stay as a township - there's a lot to do with township plugin to make it "finished" - so you'll be seeing more love on it this round.

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
Not looking for a hard-cap this time around, we'll be making it harder to stay as a township - there's a lot to do with township plugin to make it "finished" - so you'll be seeing more love on it this round.
at least there wont be any dead towns with this then. THANK YOU ALIMIGHTY KAINZO.

BlackOhso

Legacy Supporter 6
is this going to affect the requirements it takes to create a town? or what i mean is are the items and all the changing to make a town?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Anyone remember before DG when it was planned to be a cap of like 6-10 townships? Messed up the Dragon Empire plans atleast xD