• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Immersive Skins

Do you think we should add an incentive program for using immersive skins?

• Total voters

arisenwolf79

Glowing Redstone
Hello Herocraft!

I've come here today to propose an idea I have had for a while.

I believe that some sort of incentive or reward for players who use a skin that is geared towards their current profession or combat class should be implemented.

Now let me explain. I've seen in a few posts by many staff members and the players themselves that overall many updates/fixes/additions to the game are either partly or entirely implemented for the purpose of Immersion. From my personal
experience I can say that the use of skins that match a players class/profession are much more immersive and realistic pertaining to the server. First of all, what is immersion? Immersion is the feeling of getting sucked into a game. The sense of being a part of the game and its environment. Now what is more immersive? A dark hooded figure in the distance, who then shoots a spear of bone to inflict damage upon and enemy, or a player using an astronaut skin that then proceeds to attack you with an iron sword.

I hope we can all agree that the use of realistic skins would be much more immersive, I for a fact am a Pyromancer and an Alchemist. I personally use an alchemist skin because I enjoy the skin itself, and It is truly more immersive and enjoyable visually for me.

Now the problem we face here is getting players to use skins that are geared towards their own class. I think that adding some sort of incentive or reward for using an immersive skin should be implemented. I know it can't be 200 souls or something but maybe like 50s or 30s even. I am not saying souls are the only option, because I know how introducing a new method of earning even this many souls can damage an economy. I've also considered the idea of maybe adding a small prefix/suffix or just a nice little symbol next to someones name for doing it! Maybe a small green check mark, or a thumbs up if possible. I'm open to suggestions and anyone can leave their feedback here of course. Using an incentive program to give players a reason to use a immersive skin allows players to not only be more likely to use skins, but also make it not mandatory. Not all players want to change their skin, but for those who really enjoy Herocraft and its gameplay, players will use skins that make the game more immersive and make the gameplay of Herocraft that much better.

Thank you for your time and for reading this!
I hope to see lots of feedback/ideas/suggestions in the comments.

Have a good one,

arisenwolf79

arisenwolf79

Glowing Redstone
I know I said immersive way too many times, but I could not find a better word to describe the situation.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
You can get skins off wiki if you want, some of them suck and I was working on getting new ones for the skins that are shit like (no offense but my opinion) well one of the top of my head I like is ranger

Northac

Obsidian
the only issue with this is what each person's opinion of an appropriate skin for each class is. Everyone is going to have a different one they like. I'm a wizard/ engineer, and I have a hooded (blue) outfit and I like the way it looks for my skin. Though a cloak/cape would be cool too.

arisenwolf79

Glowing Redstone
the only issue with this is what each person's opinion of an appropriate skin for each class is. Everyone is going to have a different one they like. I'm a wizard/ engineer, and I have a hooded (blue) outfit and I like the way it looks for my skin. Though a cloak/cape would be cool too.
You're right! But either of those work. If wizards were real people, they would'nt all dress the same. It can be unique, it just has to be within realm of reason.

My skin is the one in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The reward could be 5% increased exp when slaying mobs (if your skin is of your combat class) or when mining/farming/crafting (if your skin is of your profession)

Not a huge reward, but adds up over time.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
But how can I ever feel accomplished with being a Cybernetic Iron-Plated Paladin/Miner Automaton, powered by absorbed Nature Essence if I have to look like a miner or a warrior of ultimate justice? I'd want the small bonuses, but wouldn't give up my work made of my sweat and blood. (and a bit of perfume)

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
My skin is shady and I've got an axe on my back... does that entitle me to buffs or whatever for Berserker and Ninja? And probably Ranger too. And probably a few others I don't care to figure out.

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think that you should have to have double skins. Perhaps a skin that displays only one of your classes would do? For example a Ninja/Smith uses a ninja skin. Combo skins would be very hard to do. In addition to that this suggestion could give new light to the proctors. Maybe they could be put to use looking at skins and handing out the incentives to the players who use these skins.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I like the idea, but it would be too hard to put into use. Having staff members to check the skins of every member would take too much time.

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
I've always respected that "rule"

IE: I'm a ninja and I have a thief skin.