• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ikill4candy's Off-Topic mute appeal

ikill4candy

Legacy Supporter 3
After saying in off-topic chat "I was conceived in a McDonald's walk in freezer my parents have Secretly we are gay" I was without warning muted from talking in off-topic chat. I then made a PE which was deleted without response. Following that i made a second PE in which i was told to appeal my mute here.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood Candy Man.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I closed the first PE with a note saying I gave a warning to everyone in Offtopic. Per the rules:

http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Rules

Chat Rules

The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:
  • Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
  • Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
  • Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
    • This includes other teamspeak servers, other minecraft servers, personal vents/mumbles and other game servers that DH does not directly (or indirectly) sponsor. This is a zero tolerance rule, and will result in an immediate ban.
    • This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft.
  • The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic).
    • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
  • Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
  • Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.
  • Posting in a township or guild thread you are not a member of for anything other than guild business. Using their threads to start arguments or flame members will result in a 1-week forum suspension.

You will be unmuted at some point tonight.

ikill4candy

Legacy Supporter 3
IGN: ikill4candy
Muted by: @(name)Danda after some other admin unmuted me not sure who originally muted me but it was most likely Danda.
Time of mute: The current mute / remute was around 10pm GMT+10, the original mute was several hours earlier.
Channel: Off-Topic
Reason for mute: Breaching chat rules "internet m.emes"
Your story: I was joking around with someone in chat about the strength of certain classes I made the comment "do you even lift", if I recall correctly, I was then muted without a word of warning. Later on in the day I was then unmuted not sure who it was that unmuted me but when Danda saw that I was no longer muted he remuted me and told me I must make an appeal. I understand that I was in the wrong but the lack of clarity in the rules. Along with the ammout of staff and players that break those chat rules without similar conciquences I am finding it very difficult to see where the line is drawn.

Kind regards,
Your Friendly Neighbourhood CandyMan

Edit: More contridiction the facepalm icon that is used by the forums that has been used by victim on my post is also a *** and the prohabition of the actions includes any herocraft online forum. Or does the ruleing on non english languages / slang / m.emes / e-bonics exclusive to the global chat channels?