• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ideas to increase pvp

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
Just before I begin (if you don't want to hear this go further down before reading) I don't normally use suggestions because I feel that people go out of their way to try to say why an idea doesn't work and also most ideas don't accepted or put into dev state. I also understand "this isn't a pvp server" but if you take into consideration of all the previous maps and the fact you don't master classes to keep killing mobs I think it's fair to agree this server should focus on pvp as at least one of it's main aspects

Okay now for some ideas.

Idea 1- Blocked Chests

In order to making raiding towns worth while I suggest making it a rule that no blocks can be placed over chests within a region. This allows people to steal things and makes it so lwcs become more actively used and more vital (I am also aware that this would need to be coded into the game and not made a basic rule and it would also cause a lot of problems and be hard to make so this may not be the best suggestion)

Idea 2- TnT

My next idea is based off of a previous plugin suggestion which was "tnt raiding", although the idea and concept would cause a lot of problems and there was many flaws it still had some potential to it, I am going to try to fix a few flaws. Make tnt available for several classes and make it work within any height limit. Next make it so there is a cool down 3 minutes for each tnt blast and each block exploded gets regenerated in 4 minutes, this stops huge groups of people blowing a town open until only chests remain while the town is offline. Now of course there was the problem with private regions and obsidian walls so this (and my next idea) should hopefully fix it. All town walls (depending on which rank of town) has a limited number of obsidian allowed for walls, this stops people from building huge wall towers for safety.

Idea 3- Breaking and Entry

This idea would need a lot of coding and a lot of people won't like this idea but it would bring in a lot more pvp and would also allow for a better rpg effect. As we know from this maps and previous others, towns are boxes, giant storage boxes for players to either go inactive or store their loot as an insurance, this idea should fix that. I suggest that (depending on the tier of the town of course) if a certain number of players inside a town are online, then a player from another town may go up to that town's regions and start hitting any block within the region, a 3-5 minute counter will then start and all players online within the town will be given a warning someone is trying to break into your town, when the counter is over, the whole region will be removed for 2 minutes, any blocks broken will not be able to be picked up and at the end of the 2 minutes the region will be re-added and all blocks broken will be replaced, this would work using a roll back effect. After the 2 minutes are up the region's cannot be removed for 10-20 minutes.

Example- I say have a party of 6 people and start attacking newrth's wall's while 20-30 members of newerth are online (more people as it is a larger region) in 3-5 minutes (maybe longer or less time depending on block or town size) and if while the wall was being broken down a player attacks me the other 4-5 members can back me up. Once the time is up I can get inside and raid the town however I please but other town members could get me.

I hope anyone who has read through this can give suggestions and keep this thread updated so I can modify it the longer it lasts and hopefully (if you're like me and have not only noticed that pvp is dying and want a better raiding system) a staff member or dev team might take this suggestion or parts of it (or even make a plugin to help pvp more) so we can get some more pvp and fun for the server.

Thank you for reading
Sincerely Ancient

Grif18

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok if any of your suggestions are implemented why have regions at all in the first place? It seems you want to do away with towns altogether. PvP and raiding are 2 different things (although i see how raiding could possibly increase pvp if town members were online). With your suggestion people would literally wait for the town to go offline then raid where there would be as little pvp as possible. I would suggest maybe a town war type system. In this case 1 town and another town could declare war on one another. Then for a set period of time both towns would have guest perms to the other town and be able to break blocks above chests and break in(as long as they replace both the chest and entry point blocks). For Towns To declare war on each other both town leaders must be online and at least 5 members( besides the leader) must be online, also both towns must agree. This will make it so A. its a little bit more fair B. you can raid C. there will definitely be PvP happening, unless of course one town has lazy ass members that don't want to raid or fight.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I do not know what server mods may be working on atm, but I agree that finding some ways to encourage more pvp would be fantastic. If the tnt / region regeneration is still being worked on, great, that could be fun. If there are too many concerns regarding the safety of towns for those mods to be popular, then there have been several threads discussing the possibility of making neutral locations that are valuable to control through various means, and STD even worked up an IC version of one that seems fun.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
I have nothing against increasing PVP, but imo none of your "ideas" include PVP at all. All 3 ideas were only things that let you loot towns more easily while affecting the amount of PVP either not at all or very little.

the idea 3 was made so that people would be alerted when people break into towns which makes them recall or run back to town, defend the town, and then fight off invaders, I find the problem with towns is (mainly because I am in a town but live far away from it) someone says, "someone is raiding the town" then I say "I will come help" they reply "don't worry, they can't get in", but if you could get in, people from all ends of the map would return to base for a war. The idea in my head is what it was like in dragongaurd when xexorian was building his town and raiders would come, everyone recalled, they geared up and fought, most would die and just keep going again, this is what I want.

TheAncientTeam

Legacy Supporter 7
Ok if any of your suggestions are implemented why have regions at all in the first place? It seems you want to do away with towns altogether. PvP and raiding are 2 different things (although i see how raiding could possibly increase pvp if town members were online). With your suggestion people would literally wait for the town to go offline then raid where there would be as little pvp as possible. I would suggest maybe a town war type system. In this case 1 town and another town could declare war on one another. Then for a set period of time both towns would have guest perms to the other town and be able to break blocks above chests and break in(as long as they replace both the chest and entry point blocks). For Towns To declare war on each other both town leaders must be online and at least 5 members( besides the leader) must be online, also both towns must agree. This will make it so A. its a little bit more fair B. you can raid C. there will definitely be PvP happening, unless of course one town has lazy ass members that don't want to raid or fight.

I think you missed one of my points. You can only break down a region if a certain number of people in that town are online, so if no one is offline, you can't raid that town, and the Tnt wouldn't work either as you can break into a region, but such a small amount that all you could raid is houses with open doors so no one would lose anything overly valuable. I hope that fixes your concern. Also you mentioned both towns must agree, do you really think towns like newerth would agree for other towns to break down their regions? I feel as if there are a lot more flaws in your idea than mines. Also as I stated to multi, raiding will become pvp as the town members will need to recall to defend their region, it sort of gives the same effect as a new town starting, get raided, recall, try your best to fight them off, except it would be more evenly matched for the town members.