• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ideas for armour and weapons

mr7ego

TNT
I haven't posted here before and just started playing the server but i stumbled across a video that might be able to spice up the armour and weapons

do you think a custom resource pack could work? is it too much effort?

thoughts?

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I haven't posted here before and just started playing the server but i stumbled across a video that might be able to spice up the armour and weapons

do you think a custom resource pack could work? is it too much effort?

thoughts?
It's do-able but requires a certain degree of finesse and know-how beyond just making textures. I have some experience with it, and I can say it's quite arduous.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It's do-able but requires a certain degree of finesse and know-how beyond just making textures. I have some experience with it, and I can say it's quite arduous.
Also pretty sure you need to spawn them in with commands. We could make custom recipes for stuff, so, who knows.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Also pretty sure you need to spawn them in with commands. We could make custom recipes for stuff, so, who knows.
It's possible to place the custom items into the spawn tables, or even have mobs holding them. But all custom items would have to be unbreakable (I think) because minecraft recognizes a custom texture item based on its durability value. I'm not sure if that's entirely the case that it has to STAY at the value, and I'd be willing to experiment if I wasn't so busy with college.

It's also noteworthy to say that you'd likely have to build your own resource pack from scratch, instead of editing the current one. There's a few programs out there that are handy for doing this, but I'd practice a bit first to get the mechanic down in single player, as to avoid dumping glitchy swords into Herocraft like the unbreakable iron swords of Valorium.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It's possible to place the custom items into the spawn tables, or even have mobs holding them. But all custom items would have to be unbreakable (I think) because minecraft recognizes a custom texture item based on its durability value. I'm not sure if that's entirely the case that it has to STAY at the value, and I'd be willing to experiment if I wasn't so busy with college.

It's also noteworthy to say that you'd likely have to build your own resource pack from scratch, instead of editing the current one. There's a few programs out there that are handy for doing this, but I'd practice a bit first to get the mechanic down in single player, as to avoid dumping glitchy swords into Herocraft like the unbreakable iron swords of Valorium.
Yeah, but we'd put them in the vanilla spawn tables, which I don't think are enabled.
Pretty sure we emulate all tables with either ecoC or Mythics (All mobs fall into one plugin or the other).

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, but we'd put them in the vanilla spawn tables, which I don't think are enabled.
Pretty sure we emulate all tables with either ecoC or Mythics (All mobs fall into one plugin or the other).
It should work the same as long as those particular spawn table plugins support dropping items that are A: unbreakable, and B: Have a predetermined durability on the item. If that's the case then it should drop as a sword with a custom texture.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It should work the same as long as those particular spawn table plugins support dropping items that are A: unbreakable, and B: Have a predetermined durability on the item. If that's the case then it should drop as a sword with a custom texture.
I'm pretty sure they'd support individual data values. We wouldn't even need to use the vanilla stuff to make the items themselves.

I think the real issue is that we can't get weapons to do damage per class (like broadsword and shortsword, not hero classes).

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm pretty sure they'd support individual data values. We wouldn't even need to use the vanilla stuff to make the items themselves.

I think the real issue is that we can't get weapons to do damage per class (like broadsword and shortsword, not hero classes).
That would have to be done through direct vanilla weapon values, I.E.: The damage value on the /give command, etc.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Heroes ignores that. I know vanilla weapons could.
Shit, forgot to account for that. Couldn't you use some coding through the base weapon modifiers to get the heroes plugin to recognize weapon damage values? Meaning, using a data tag in specific weapon types in order to get the plugin to see weapon classes.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Shit, forgot to account for that. Couldn't you use some coding through the base weapon modifiers to get the heroes plugin to recognize weapon damage values? Meaning, using a data tag in specific weapon types in order to get the plugin to see weapon classes.
Maybe? I'm sure it could be done but I haven't the slightest idea how.
We in theory could give all weapon types a base damage based off their Vanilla damage, then have the classes add/subtract based on need.

Maybe? I dunno.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe? I'm sure it could be done but I haven't the slightest idea how.
We in theory could give all weapon types a base damage based off their Vanilla damage, then have the classes add/subtract based on need.

Maybe? I dunno.
Well, aside from the occasional theory, I haven't a lick of coding knowledge to back it up. I know command blocks, and all that stuff, but compared to Herocraft coding, my craft is brick making and yours is making computers themselves. I know enough to make theories and statements, but I can't actually code myself.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Well, aside from the occasional theory, I haven't a lick of coding knowledge to back it up. I know command blocks, and all that stuff, but compared to Herocraft coding, my craft is brick making and yours is making computers themselves. I know enough to make theories and statements, but I can't actually code myself.
I'm no dev myself.
I've looked at a few features here or there, and generally can make things out, but no means could I write any of it.

I'm just guessing what a dev could do if they so wished.
I'm pretty sure we could make it so heroes checked the damage amount since it's an NBT tag iirc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

I want this done, damn it.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I want this done, damn it.
Can we have 2 Diamond Swords do different damage for classes (So a Paladin can Use a Longsword for more damage, but slower speed, or a ShortSword for the opposite).
What if we set each weapon (Wood -> Diamond) to the same damage, and made those each a different weapon type?
I dunno, throwing ideas out.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Can we have 2 Diamond Swords do different damage for classes (So a Paladin can Use a Longsword for more damage, but slower speed, or a ShortSword for the opposite).
What if we set each weapon (Wood -> Diamond) to the same damage, and made those each a different weapon type?
I dunno, throwing ideas out.
Working with @mung3r on this... not 100% where we are at but we're going to "obey" custom damage soon instead of the class defaults.

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
Sweet Jesus, I've always wanted something like this in this server. Yes please.