• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Idea for a new Smith skill

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
In real life you could consider me to be an enviromentalist. This carries over to minecraft making it hard for me to make things like booster rails because I don't like making items knowing I'll never get the mats back.

My suggestion is to give smiths the ability to take items apart and get the original mats out of them. For example, a smith takes apart a diamond sword and gets 2 diamonds and a stick. I understand this wont work for every item such as boosters because they were made in bundles. This is just an idea I had and just wanted to share it. Please share your thoughts and ideas.

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
*smith takes diamond sword that is nearly broken*
*dismantles*
*Remakes getting the crafting xp*
*full durability. Free repair*

Also could sit crafting/uncrafting for xp. If it had a mana cost / material requirement it might be ok but I can't see too much use for it.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe dismantling it could cost some of the material (i.e. taking apart diamond sword yields 1 diamond + 1 stick).

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
@toadsworth29 It shouldn't cost any materials to dismantle. I think that the Smith should have to repair it first in order to dismantle it and use the materials and etc.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will have a skill called "Scrap" - or something that will allow for regaining some of the materials from armor/weps.