• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion IceVolley (and any other hero skills) shoul scale with Attributes

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Currently IceVolley stands out as the Ranger's only damage ability that has no scaling with an attribute. Attribute system is cool, lets use it!

The base slow could be reduced, then the slow could scale back with charisma. Or the base damage is reduced/scales with INT, but I'm not sure if volley arrows scale in dmg.

Ranger has never needed Charisma, and being able to avoid an Attribute is a strength for a class, so that must be considered. The IceVolley skill should remain similar in use if the attribute scaling is implemented, with a nerf to base levels.

Any other skills out there that could be looked at for similar additions to the scaling attribute mechanic?
Please note that this is not a skill balance thread.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Currently IceVolley stands out as the Ranger's only damage ability that has no scaling with an attribute. Attribute system is cool, lets use it!

The base slow could be reduced, then the slow could scale back with charisma. Or the base damage is reduced/scales with INT, but I'm not sure if volley arrows scale in dmg.

Ranger has never needed Charisma, and being able to avoid an Attribute is a strength for a class, so that must be considered. The IceVolley skill should remain similar in use if the attribute scaling is implemented, with a nerf to base levels.

Any other skills out there that could be looked at for similar additions to the scaling attribute mechanic?
Please note that this is not a skill balance thread.

IceVolley doesn't do damage.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
it does 10 damage.
When we do a run over classes and balance them, we will probably change some of these skills. In this instance, the damage would scale with Agility and the slow duration would scale with Charisma.

Moralsk

Gold
I've been wanting rupture for berserker to be changed. As is rupture does very little damage even in the case of the ruptured person sprinting as fast as they can. The bleeding damage doesn't scale with anything. Personally feel it should scale with berserker rage.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I've been wanting rupture for berserker to be changed. As is rupture does very little damage even in the case of the ruptured person sprinting as fast as they can. The bleeding damage doesn't scale with anything. Personally feel it should scale with berserker rage.
EDIT: I agree, however the bleed damage wouldn't make sense with attributes, but the initial damage, if it doesn't already, should scale. however, if rupture was fixed to actually deal damage every block or 2, it'd be fine.

Last edited:

Moralsk

Gold
EDIT: I agree, however the bleed damage wouldn't make sense with attributes, but the initial damage, if it doesn't already, should scale. however, if rupture was fixed to actually deal damage every block or 2, it'd be fine.
The reason I say bleed damage should scale is because the more severe the wound the worse the bleeding is. I didn't say it should scale with attributes I said it should scale with berserker rage. Currently HC logic with rupture is "Ok, whether the wound is 2 inches or 8 inches deep, same amount of bleeding will occur" . Agree on the every block or two though, people don't seem to know that rupture damage interval is waaay more than every block or two. About to tell a true story. I used rupture on a beguiler with 800 health, and he sprint jumped the whole time it was effecting him. He only lost 1 heart. 800 health and yet he only loses one heart? Come on, talk about a useless master ability.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
The reason I say bleed damage should scale is because the more severe the wound the worse the bleeding is. I didn't say it should scale with attributes I said it should scale with berserker rage. Currently HC logic with rupture is "Ok, whether the wound is 2 inches or 8 inches deep, same amount of bleeding will occur"
ya, but think balance-wise. if it was fixed to be every block, and they ran 50 blocks during the duration, they'll have taken 400 damage. pretty sure all it needs is fixed lol.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
ya, but think balance-wise. if it was fixed to be every block, and they ran 50 blocks during the duration, they'll have taken 400 damage. pretty sure all it needs is fixed lol.
Well of course the numbers would need to be altered, but thats the whole point of the skill. Don't run or you will take damage. Not only should "Berserker's Rage" affect the damage, I think the bleed should scale with STR.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Well of course the numbers would need to be altered, but thats the whole point of the skill. Don't run or you will take damage. Not only should "Berserker's Rage" affect the damage, I think the bleed should scale with STR.
then base damge would have to go down. maybe (6+.125 per str)? that's 9.75 damage at 30 str per block moved, so 50 blocks would be 487 damage. course they actually have to be running for that to work. ALSO: does rupture work with toss?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
then base damge would have to go down. maybe (6+.125 per str)? that's 9.75 damage at 30 str per block moved, so 50 blocks would be 487 damage. course they actually have to be running for that to work. ALSO: does rupture work with toss?
I mean in the sense that the base is lowered, but you also add scaling. If it was changed to (2 + 0.05), at 30 str that would be 175 damage at 50 blocks

Yes, toss does work with rupture.

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I mean in the sense that the base is lowered, but you also add scaling. If it was changed to (2 + 0.05), at 30 str that would be 175 damage at 50 blocks

Yes, toss does work with rupture.
woo! synergy, ftw!
175 damage for sprint jumping. think that needs to be a touch higher. maybe scale .075. so it does 212 damage instead. may seem high, but other classes can pull off more than that, and to get the full 212 damage, the target has to actually run those 50 blocks, which can be situational.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
woo! synergy, ftw!
175 damage for sprint jumping. think that needs to be a touch higher. maybe scale .075. so it does 212 damage instead. may seem high, but other classes can pull off more than that, and to get the full 212 damage, the target has to actually run those 50 blocks, which can be situational.
2 things:
  • Rupture has the initial damage of 30 + 1.125. So this would reach 238 damage with 30 STR.
  • The initial damage also scales with Berserker's rage. If the berserker is at 20% the initial would deal 40% more damage: 89 + 175 = 264 total.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
2 things:
  • Ruputre has the intial damage of 30 + 1.125. So this would reach 238 damage with 30 STR.
  • It SHOULD also scale with Berserker's rage. If the berserker is at 20% it would deal 334 damage.
forgot berserkerage scaling. .5 scaling seems much better now.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I'd just like to say that Mikehk has hijacked this thread and made it about whining about the balance of a beserker mechanic, instead of a wide discussion about including attribute scaling in skills.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd just like to say that Mikehk has hijacked this thread and made it about whining about the balance of a beserker mechanic, instead of a wide discussion about including attribute scaling in skills.
this is a discussion, however we're on the topic of berserkers atm. if you want, we could talk about skills like invigorate or energize. it would be a bit different if they could scale with charisma, yet have a lower base. IE: 300+15 per charisma. maybe gills could scale with wisdom, as you would be wise enough to know how to breathe for long periods of time? a cool one could be if track scaled by int. IE: (150-3 per int) accuracy to the target, so that way, if you wanted to be a good tracker, you'd have to have the knowledge to do so, and full agi builds would be yet less attractive.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
this is a discussion, however we're on the topic of berserkers atm. if you want, we could talk about skills like invigorate or energize. it would be a bit different if they could scale with charisma, yet have a lower base. IE: 300+15 per charisma. maybe gills could scale with wisdom, as you would be wise enough to know how to breathe for long periods of time? a cool one could be if track scaled by int. IE: (150-3 per int) accuracy to the target, so that way, if you wanted to be a good tracker, you'd have to have the knowledge to do so, and full agi builds would be yet less attractive.
Nice thoughts, just letting you know that in earlier replies you missed the NOT A BALANCE THREAD part, I was hoping we would update hero skills into the attribute system, not talk about how far you walk to get rupture to work...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Fun Fact: I already pushed changes on how to fix Energize and Invigorate (Go on test they are there). The differeces are:
  • Base amount has been lowered heavily
  • They now scale with WIS
  • Lowered the CD
  • Added a warmup.