• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Ice volley damage is incorrect

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm not certain if ice volley is supposed to do reasonable damage or not, but it currently does 1-5 damage. Seems like it's dealing vanilla damage currently.

(Sidenote - would it be possible to get the slow a longer duration? It takes two seconds to pull back a bow, so the slow is fairly useless currently. Not worth burning the stamina on it.)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It isn't supposed to be dealing any real amount of damage. Controlling bow damage is a pain in the ass, and it is especially true with that particular skill, so the damage was left at vanilla values.

Now, there was a period when this skill did deal damage, but at certain angles, the volley'd arrows would deal 100000x the damage they were supposed to be doing. This led me to removing the damage all together, and reworking it into the status-adding skill it is today.

If I was better at math it's possible I could fix this, but unfortunately, I'm no mathematician, and that skill is very math-heavy in dealing with the calculations for the volley placement. It made the skill really awkward to develop, and thus, is unlikely to ever change.

Last edited:

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
Hmmn. I guess I can understand that. Would it be at all possible to compensate with the slow lasting longer? The only real situation I can see myself using this skill if someone is running away quickly, but I figure it has a little more potential than that. Also noting that to get a fair amount of damage out of a single arrow, it takes at least 1 solid second to pull back an arrow, so by the time the slow wears off, you'd have time to maybe loose one damaging arrow. (Assuming they aren't already in your face, anyways.)

Either that or, if only as a suggestion, something similar to envenom that procs slowness 1 for 2 seconds on hit for about 5-10 seconds. It'd rely more on actually being able to aim an arrow and reward those with more skill, I think. But I digress.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I'm not active on HC at this time, so my hand in balance these days is very minimal. As such, I can't really comment on whether or not the skill is currently "balanced".

All I can say is that it wasn't necessarily created for running away. It was designed so that you could tag multiple enemies within a teamfight, or take advantage of certain situations (such as being above a player on a cliff). You can use a quick IceVolley to prevent players from chasing you up the cliff for a brief moment while you shoot off an arrow or two.

But in truth, it wasn't created with a true purpose in mind. The old version, MultiShot, was being abused for rapid damage dealing and exploity one-shot scenarios. The goal was to keep the "Volley" concept of the skill and remove the abuse factor. As such, there isn't much to it other than a brief, unspammable slow. If you want the Balance team to take another look at the skill, create a thread in suggestions and see how they feel.