• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ice Arrow

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Really needs to be worked on, Ranger still has the ability to perm slow. Insane arrow dmg+slow moving target=rape. Increase mana cost or reduce slow to much lower. Ice arrow would still be very effective if the slow was like .25 sec. It should be to slow target down, not freeze them in front of ranger to just continue spamming ice arrow.

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Wonderbuck, you've clearly not mastered Ranger nor ever spoken to someone who has legitimately PvPed as one. The above statement is not only technically untrue, but anecdotally.

Technically: It takes ~1 second to fully draw an arrow on the string, during which the Ranger moves at something like 25% walking speed (much slower than Ice Arrow slow). As a result, if a Ranger misses a single arrow, the effect lapses and the quarry escapes as the draw time and resulting slow outpaces the slow effect of any single ice arrow that is landed.

Anecdotally: Arrows are incredibly difficult to land at all in PvP if the opponent simply uses the 'A' and 'D' keys due to lag and delay. Rubber banding is frustrating for you, but even worse for the Ranger you're fighting as it also makes landing an arrow nearly impossible. On top of that, the Ranger only has 13-15 ice arrows worth of mana, considering regeneration time. If the Ranger uses a barrage or any other skill during the fight, they will be running out of arrows long before your health runs out.

Long story short, please bring out a single mastered Ranger who will say the Ranger is able to effectively 1v1, or even find one that tells you that they dominate in evenly matched raids, then I'll consider this valid. Until then, realize that every character has at least 1 or 2 good abilities and that is why people choose them.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Half pulls still apply ice, so if you get in range to melee they just half-cock, which pushes you out of range, then just spam it again. On top of that, arrow dmg is insanely high. All you half to do is land one ice arrow and perm slowed until death. Plenty of times I've straffed 7-10 effectively, get in range to attack then get screwed and jsut have to sit there and accept death.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Half pulls still apply ice, so if you get in range to melee they just half-cock, which pushes you out of range, then just spam it again. On top of that, arrow dmg is insanely high. All you half to do is land one ice arrow and perm slowed until death. Plenty of times I've straffed 7-10 effectively, get in range to attack then get screwed and jsut have to sit there and accept death.
Plenty of times I have been hit once and then dodges pretty much the rest. Also, I think back when someone made a suggestion thread asking to nerf IceArrow when it was more like a stun than a slow, someone said you could carry dirt around with you, and place a wall between the Ranger and you.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Plenty of times I have been hit once and then dodges pretty much the rest. Also, I think back when someone made a suggestion thread asking to nerf IceArrow when it was more like a stun than a slow, someone said you could carry dirt around with you, and place a wall between the Ranger and you.

That's very stupid u shouldn't need anything but your classes main items and skill to kill someone else I have had this done to me like wonder said but just because I'm a dragoon I can actually almost always kill a ranger because of jump unless that ranger has a punch bow then it's gg u can't beat ice arrow and punch its insanely retarded

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
That's very stupid u shouldn't need anything but your classes main items and skill to kill someone else I have had this done to me like wonder said but just because I'm a dragoon I can actually almost always kill a ranger because of jump unless that ranger has a punch bow then it's gg u can't beat ice arrow and punch its insanely retarded
So because some people cant dodge a fucking arrow, Ranger should lose the only skill that seems to keep it alive?

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
OR we shouldnt nerf every class to make sammy the most OP class on the server. I honestly laugh at every balance thread that wonderboy makes just because he wants his class to be able to kill everyone and everything ever. Tune in next week when wonderboy asks to nerf pally to get rid of their armor!!

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I think IceArrow is working as intended, tbh. Use impermanence?
imper, ice arrow'd again. On that topic Sammy shoulsnt have impermadence in the first place. And uin, warriors beat rogues. But with 200+ dmg per arrow the slow makes for an easy kill. Many classes are more powerful than Sammy. I am just good with the class, doesn't mean Sammy is op. There are an abundance of shitty samurais on the server.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
imper, ice arrow'd again. On that topic Sammy shoulsnt have impermadence in the first place. And uin, warriors beat rogues. But with 200+ dmg per arrow the slow makes for an easy kill. Many classes are more powerful than Sammy. I am just good with the class, doesn't mean Sammy is op. There are an abundance of shitty samurais on the server.
When did Ranger arrow get buffed to over 200 damage? I thought it used to be 150 that gets reduced to 78 by Samurai's armor. And how are you a good Samurai if you cant dodge an arrow with Speed III?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Try reading the sticky post in this section if you want your posts to have more meaning and be taken seriously.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/stop-using-subjective-terms-op-up-nerfed.25237/

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Doesn't Bladegrasp work for arrows too? This must be the first time I've heard a Samurai complaining about not being able to beat Rangers...

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Doesn't Bladegrasp work for arrows too? This must be the first time I've heard a Samurai complaining about not being able to beat Rangers...
It's really only one ranger, but that's because most rangers suck. But if you can play the class it is super strong. Shouldnt buff a class because no one can play it, and yes bg works on arrows, but 5 seconds wont help you much, just allows you to get away, not enough time to kill someone