• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ice Arrow

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I think there needs to be a change to ice arrow, every arrow shouldn't apply the effect. maybe 1 in 5 or so. Just got wasted by ranger and all he did was shoot me over and over again, slowing me with every arrow. Couldn't move to attack even though he was just outside of melee range. All it takes is one hit with an arrow and your stuck. Strafed most of the attack, but got hit by one and it was game over. @c12095

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Seems like I dont need to post a suggestion on this, so I'll post here. So... lets take an example. Lv 60 Dragoon vs Lv 60 Ranger. Dragoon Jumps to get near Ranger, while Ranger shoots an Ice Arrow dealing 120 damage. Dragoon should have about 1020 hp when full health and maxed. So, Dragoon gets slowed, cant reach the Ranger to do Disarm or something. Trying to Jump to move just teleports you back to where you Jumped from. When your slow ends, or maybe a sec or two before, Ranger has a the string of Bow fully pulled back, and shoots another IceArrow dealing 120 damage. Ranger repeats this until it has used all of it's mana, and so gets 10 hits. 10 fully pulled Bow hits do the total of 1200 damage, which I believe even a Paladin couldnt survive from. And, during the fight, Ranger's mana should regen enough for 11th Ice Arrow (not sure if it regenerates during combat), so the Ranger could deal even up to 1320 damage, without Dragoon being able to move at all. Maybe you could make the slow time be less (anyone can tell how long it is now?) or make single Ice Arrow take 20 mana.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Seems like I dont need to post a suggestion on this, so I'll post here. So... lets take an example. Lv 60 Dragoon vs Lv 60 Ranger. Dragoon Jumps to get near Ranger, while Ranger shoots an Ice Arrow dealing 120 damage. Dragoon should have about 1020 hp when full health and maxed. So, Dragoon gets slowed, cant reach the Ranger to do Disarm or something. Trying to Jump to move just teleports you back to where you Jumped from. When your slow ends, or maybe a sec or two before, Ranger has a the string of Bow fully pulled back, and shoots another IceArrow dealing 120 damage. Ranger repeats this until it has used all of it's mana, and so gets 10 hits. 10 fully pulled Bow hits do the total of 1200 damage, which I believe even a Paladin couldnt survive from. And, during the fight, Ranger's mana should regen enough for 11th Ice Arrow (not sure if it regenerates during combat), so the Ranger could deal even up to 1320 damage, without Dragoon being able to move at all. Maybe you could make the slow time be less (anyone can tell how long it is now?) or make single Ice Arrow take 20 mana.
Do you know if missed arrows cost mana?

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
You realize dragoons have like 60% damage reduction and rangers arrows only do 180 on an unarmored target right? Dodge 4 arrows and they don't have the mana pool to kill you as a mastered dragoon.

Does ice arrow slow a bit too much? Perhaps. As a dragoon can you deal with it? Definitely.

I agree that its a little over the top since non dragoons are gonna just get shit on.

For future reference multi, you strafe the arrows until you're within 10 or so blocks then you jump, disarm while in the air, beat on them until the bow comes back, impale to keep on them, then disarm again when impale is up. Yes there will be a slight delay but if you play it right it won't be a problem. Its all about learning the matchup.

Wonderboy for you I'd say backflip behind a tree and wait for them to run or get impatient lmao.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
You realize dragoons have like 60% damage reduction and rangers arrows only do 180 on an unarmored target right? Dodge 4 arrows and they don't have the mana pool to kill you as a mastered dragoon.

Does ice arrow slow a bit too much? Perhaps. As a dragoon can you deal with it? Definitely.

I agree that its a little over the top since non dragoons are gonna just get shit on.

For future reference multi, you strafe the arrows until you're within 10 or so blocks then you jump, disarm while in the air, beat on them until the bow comes back, impale to keep on them, then disarm again when impale is up. Yes there will be a slight delay but if you play it right it won't be a problem. Its all about learning the matchup.

Wonderboy for you I'd say backflip behind a tree and wait for them to run or get impatient lmao.
I went sammy for something new, however I don't believe that by telling people to strafe is a fair compensation for an obvious buggy skill. eg. Its not like you can out maneuver Harmtouch. Harmtouch does huge damage, but is compensated with a long CD, making it relatively ok to deal with. Ice arrow just fucks you and your dead. Once you are hit there is Nothing you can do and that's what this post is about, not the damage of the arrow itself, but the fact that if you are hit with an ice arrow. there is nothing you can do.

When it happened to me. I legitimately could not move 1 block. The chat went something along the lines of; w0nd3rb0yCK is slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is no longer slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is no longer slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is no longer slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is no longer slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is slowed, w0nd3rb0yCK is no longer slowed. Then dead. I strafed nearly 10 arrows trying to get in close to attack. But he hit one lucky arrow and the fight was over. There shouldn't be a Game Over skill like that. You can't attack, you can't run, you are just stuck. Like when I made to post about Beguiler, at least I could move around, although ridiculous, if I wanted to run away, I could at least try. With ice arrow there isn't anything that can be done.

A

Aburido_burrito

you forgot armor.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Hmmm, I don't see a huge issue with Rangers and their Ice Arrow. I've played them in the past, i've tested them reciently, and Ice Arrow is never a huge deal for players. I'll look into it later today and see but I don't really think it need to take a hit.

Stylx

Legacy Supporter 3
Ice arrow is the only defence ranger has. It needs the slow or it cant do anything apart from run and hope to get hits off which isnt likely. atleast with the ice arrow, it has a chance to fight.

and before anyone says, well knockback bows.. after bein knocked back, It takes a ranger a second or just under to fully draw their bow again. in that time aa dragoon could jump closer and be in range for some of their skills (spear perhaps)

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Ice arrow is the only defence ranger has. It needs the slow or it cant do anything apart from run and hope to get hits off which isnt likely. atleast with the ice arrow, it has a chance to fight.

and before anyone says, well knockback bows.. after bein knocked back, It takes a ranger a second or just under to fully draw their bow again. in that time aa dragoon could jump closer and be in range for some of their skills (spear perhaps)
I think left would disagree. Ranger also has poison arrow. And as stated in many many posts rogues don't beat warriors, so your example with dragoon isn't valid.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
@w0nd3rb0y - I wish I could test, but I don't have the levels for ice arrow yet in the main server, but I could surmise that now that it's fixed, punch II + ice arrow would be insanely OP.
@MultiHeartGold - A good ranger with a punch bow beats a Dragoon.
@Diffuse - Strategy is right on, removing punch bows from the scenario necessitates ice arrow though. A good ice/poison combo without a punch bow would have a chance against a Dragoon as well.
@c12095 - Test the punch II / ice arrow technique for me. ;)
@Stylx - Wrong, get better at aiming, I didn't use ice arrow once last map in a practical/non-testing situation.

A ranger's best defense is a good offense. ;)

macura

Diamond
I could see how this could destroy caster specs. Would be very sad if getting hit once by an ice arrow would always = a dead caster.

Fo0l3d

Glowstone
When I get hit by an ice arrow, I literally get immobilized enabling the ranger to hit all of his arrows after that. I think the slow effect on Ice Arrow is a bit too heavy.

Joka10

Soulsand
I got attacked in the entrance of a cave by a ranger with IceArrow. It was effectively Root; I couldn't even turn my screen to see him. There was no chance of strafing because I couldn't move at all. Jump didn't do a thing, and Dragoon doesn't have any sort of EscapeArtist type thing (not asking for one, don't take it that way), so I was just stuck there getting shot at.

With IceArrow, all it takes is one good shot, and you've already won the fight (unless they have an escape skill, in which case it might take a second good shot). I feel like rather than rooting you in place, like it seemed to do to me (maybe this was an effect of lag, but I don't think so), it should just slow you down a little bit. That still makes it a lot easier for the Ranger to hit the person or get away, but it isn't the death sentence IceArrow is now.

I guess this is a little better than how the skill was broken all last map, but it's still quite terrible.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I got attacked in the entrance of a cave by a ranger with IceArrow. It was effectively Root; I couldn't even turn my screen to see him. There was no chance of strafing because I couldn't move at all. Jump didn't do a thing, and Dragoon doesn't have any sort of EscapeArtist type thing (not asking for one, don't take it that way), so I was just stuck there getting shot at.

With IceArrow, all it takes is one good shot, and you've already won the fight (unless they have an escape skill, in which case it might take a second good shot). I feel like rather than rooting you in place, like it seemed to do to me (maybe this was an effect of lag, but I don't think so), it should just slow you down a little bit. That still makes it a lot easier for the Ranger to hit the person or get away, but it isn't the death sentence IceArrow is now.

I guess this is a little better than how the skill was broken all last map, but it's still quite terrible.
Any sort of attack by a ranger in a 1x2 cave barely gives you a chance to escape.

Joka10

Soulsand
Any sort of attack by a ranger in a 1x2 cave barely gives you a chance to escape.
I literally meant a cave, not a mineshaft xD It was not an open field or anything, but there was a good bit of space. IceArrow was the problem there...

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
The only problem I've had with it is that I was in a 1x1 hole and got shot by ice arrow from their I could do nothing because it rubber bands any jumping :/

Joka10

Soulsand
Even when you aren't in a 1x1 hole, a single shot landed has you pretty much screwed over unless you have an escape move. It's like a ranged root with the bow-draw as the only cooldown. Something seems OP about that to me...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not icearrow's fault that people use auto sprint, keep in mind... In that context, it seems OP, but theoretically it's not.