• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I miss zDylann :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Is this thread really needed? I didn't know him personally, but it seems that he fucked up really bad. Have to be blunt there. I doubt that you posting about him is going to bring him back anytime soon. I'd say he COULD return, in around 5 months. I have seen exploiters and hackers return after a long time being banned, but it is rare. Mainly those people were banned in the previous map too. So I dunno.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Is this thread really needed? I didn't know him personally, but it seems that he fucked up really bad. Have to be blunt there. I doubt that you posting about him is going to bring him back anytime soon. I'd say he COULD return, in around 5 months. I have seen exploiters and hackers return after a long time being banned, but it is rare. Mainly those people were banned in the previous map too. So I dunno.
Idk he has gone around his bans multiple times. I don't see it happening to be honest.

HollowSith

Diamond
In off topic, threads aren't ever needed. They're there for pure fun ;) I really believe he only did what he did because of terrible circumstances. I mean, okay he got caught for exploits. He really didn't make any money off of it, he only really ever did it to see if he could. (People should cover there chests, pure and simple, whether you believe there safe or not, otherwise your asking for it).. Basically, "curiosity killed the cat" type of scenario. Then, having his Ban been pushed further at the last minute was kind of a dick move by the admins (In my humble opinion <3) the first time.. I mean, he was in TS, up early all excited to play again. But instead, moments before he was supposed to be unbanned, the admins updated him on there thoughts. Talk about a let down. So what would you do? After playing this game everyday whenever you had free time for the last few months, wouldn't you yourself go a little stir crazy if something like that happened. He HAD learned his lesson (IMHO), he told everyone his exploiting days were through, but then after the let down.. I mean this is only from my point of view. His other acts (if there are any) are unknown to me, but still... I miss him :( he was a fun one! D:

MajorasMask

Ungodly
In off topic, threads aren't ever needed. They're there for pure fun ;) I really believe he only did what he did because of terrible circumstances. I mean, okay he got caught for exploits. He really didn't make any money off of it, he only really ever did it to see if he could. (People should cover there chests, pure and simple, whether you believe there safe or not, otherwise your asking for it).. Basically, "curiosity killed the cat" type of scenario. Then, having his Ban been pushed further at the last minute was kind of a dick move by the admins (In my humble opinion <3) the first time.. I mean, he was in TS, up early all excited to play again. But instead, moments before he was supposed to be unbanned, the admins updated him on there thoughts. Talk about a let down. So what would you do? After playing this game everyday whenever you had free time for the last few months, wouldn't you yourself go a little stir crazy if something like that happened. He HAD learned his lesson (IMHO), he told everyone his exploiting days were through, but then after the let down.. I mean this is only from my point of view. His other acts (if there are any) are unknown to me, but still... I miss him :( he was a fun one! D:

It is not the victims fault for being raided. If he exploited to get access to regioned chests that were not covered, it is his fault, not the victim.

He also went around the test server pretending to be an admin and pretending to ban people, so I hear.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
His more recent acts include but are not limited to avoiding bans via alt accounts and logging into the test server as Kainzo and banning everyone online.

HollowSith

Diamond
Smart people who seem to care so much about there items would infact be aware of glitchers/ hackers.. Exploits are going to be part of the game, even though we all wish they weren't. So why not take precautions to prevent such things? Seems logical, no? A block or two of dirt can be placed over any chest of placed correctly. Notice how lazy or naive people are the only people to get raided and then start a troll thread on the forums. Similar to people driving with a seatbelt, you do it, cause the crash could happen; even though we all wish it wouldn't. The block of dirt(s) is your seatbelt, use it. Be smart and you'll be fine. And to be honest, the victims of any of this are the admins. They have to deal with reoccurring problems of the same nature over and over and over, because players simply don't wise up. Yes, exploits suck. But this is a game, it will happen. The admins and the game are not perfect, no matter how hard they try.. If you get raided and your items boosted, yes, it's the exploiters fault, but good luck getting your items back on a hardcore server where it clearly states items will not be returned under any circumstances. Just again, drive safely ;) put on your seatbelt <3

As for the server impersonation, yes it's bad, but it is only a test server... It's not promoting Herocraft, nor is it housing its current player base. Though still bad, it really isn't as it seems. Especially, when it's so easy to impersonate on an offline server.. It's like giving a kid a cookie and telling him not to eat it before dinner, but he has to keep it in his hand. <3

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
We Admins have stuck up for zDylann multiple times... I have a good personal relationship with him, and liked talking/gaming with him.

Unfortunately, pretending to be Staff is paramount to pretending to be a law enforcment agent IRL. You just dont EVER want to do that. Word is that he proceeded to Ban players from the Test Server. Any chance he had in coming back, he ultimately destroyed with that little stunt.

He won't be back.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
As for the server impersonation, yes it's bad, but it is only a test server... It's not promoting Herocraft, nor is it housing its current player base. Though still bad, it really isn't as it seems. Especially, when it's so easy to impersonate on an offline server.. It's like giving a kid a cookie and telling him not to eat it before dinner, but he has to keep it in his hand. <3

Maybe not, but when Heroes currently needs a shit load of testing to iron out all the bugs in 1.0 and the current test server population is usually higher than the main server at most times of the day it kind of is a big deal when you go and pull a stunt like that.

Doing something like that will in fact hinder the main server by delaying the 1.0 update

c12095

Holy Shit!
Maybe not, but when Heroes currently needs a shit load of testing to iron out all the bugs in 1.0 and the current test server population is usually higher than the main server at most times of the day it kind of is a big deal when you go and pull a stunt like that.

Hes screwing over the server that screwed him over. If we are looking at the impersonation as RL Law Enforcement. Then having his ban time changed to be even longer is like having someone who served their time in jail walking out the door and then gets dragged back to his cell because someone changed their mind and hes not free to go anymore.

HollowSith

Diamond
Everyone has one or two things under there sleeve that they've done (except for me ;) ). Including the recent rumours about yourself Mr Punisher (as an example of course). But I'm not going to take shots at anyone over a forum, especially when I think your one of the more likeable admins. That being said, again mistakes happen. People grow up. I mean, I'm surprised more people haven't done what he did. Especially with the whole delta and his banning spree a few months ago on the actual server, you think you'd learn to not put the server in offline mode. Offline mode + Proxy + MinecraftSP = Sad Admin or two. Again, not taking a shot at the admins decisions or anything. You all grant me a free, fun and active server to play on. I'm not just about to bash any of you. Just saying.

Btw, +1 for c12 <3

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Everyone has one or two things under there sleeve that they've done (except for me ;) ). Including the recent rumours about yourself Mr Punisher (as an example of course). But I'm not going to take shots at anyone over a forum, especially when I think your one of the more likeable admins. That being said, again mistakes happen. People grow up. I mean, I'm surprised more people haven't done what he did. Especially with the whole delta and his banning spree a few months ago on the actual server, you think you'd learn to not put the server in offline mode. Offline mode + Proxy + MinecraftSP = Sad Admin or two. Again, not taking a shot at the admins decisions or anything. You all grant me a free, fun and active server to play on. I'm not just about to bash any of you. Just saying.

Btw, +1 for c12 <3

Kyza why are you consistantly trying to justify breaking the rules? If he did what you have said, have grown up, then why did he not just stop the first time round?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Kyza why are you consistantly trying to justify breaking the rules? If he did what you have said, have grown up, then why did he not just stop the first time round?

This isn't a justification of the rules, its more of wanting an explanation. We see both sides here, and we are both expressing our opinions. We know this thread won't bring dylan back, but its more to find out what happen.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
This isn't a justification of the rules, its more of wanting an explanation. We see both sides here, and we are both expressing our opinions. We know this thread won't bring dylan back, but its more to find out what happen.

What happened? Simple. The admins banned him for a certain period of time without considering his case in great detail. They gave him so many days banishment. However, they only reviewed his case later on (very close to when he was supposed to be un-banned) and realised that he needed a longer ban, so they gave it to him.

He, clearly, did not agree with this and then used multiple accounts to access the server, yet another rule broken. This gave the admins even more reason to ban him for a longer period of time. Both for this and his exploits.

What next? He got onto the test server and strarted harassing those that were testing skills and the Heroes plug-in. Why is this important? It has delayed the release of 1.0.0 on the main server, like Danda has said.

That is why he is banned. I think perm-banned too.

HollowSith

Diamond
@MajorasMask Because I for one have made mistake after mistake in real life. Herocraft is just an extension that I luckily haven't wrecked yet. We learn from our mistakes. And yes, the admins have given him many times to recover, but I really feel he should get one more chance. Though that is not what this thread is about. It's a simple discussion on the matter. Nothing hostile or demanding. It's placed in Off-Topic so that it isn't viewed as an attempt at fighting the admins over anything. Again, simple discussion. ;) Your are okay with that, aren't you?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@MajorasMask Because I for one have made mistake after mistake in real life. Herocraft is just an extension that I luckily haven't wrecked yet. We learn from our mistakes. And yes, the admins have given him many times to recover, but I really feel he should get one more chance. Though that is not what this thread is about. It's a simple discussion on the matter. Nothing hostile or demanding. It's placed in Off-Topic so that it isn't viewed as an attempt at fighting the admins over anything. Again, simple discussion. ;) Your are okay with that, aren't you?

Why one more chance? He had his first chance after he was banned the first time. After that he should have learnt his lesson, but no. He did not. Yes we learn from our mistakes, however he should have done it right after he was banned from exploiting. That was enough. Not all of this.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@MajorasMask

Why do you feel the need to be so hostile on this thread? It is a simple discussion but you act like this has been a personal attack on yourself. Don't continue to post on this thread like this or you will be removed from the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.