• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug I keep losing large amounts of money for no reason?

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
Please confirm/deny having of the folllwing: @colley619 @FaZeAlpine @Raolyth
  • Own a residence
  • Member of a town
  • Renting a shop in spawn
  • Chestshops

I own a residence.
I am a member of Enlight.
I do not own a shop in spawn.
I do not have any chest shops.

Just to reiterate, I have not explicitly done anything that would take money from my wallet except for purchase a residence and pay taxes on that and the town.

@Raolyth do you have any friends added to your residence? It's definitely not user error. It seems the connection we both have is owning a residence. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but that's what I'd look into.

Also, I just logged in and I have lost another ~500c. I will soon lose my residence if it happens again :\...

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I own a residence.
I am a member of Enlight.
I do not own a shop in spawn.
I do not have any chest shops.

Just to reiterate, I have not explicitly done anything that would take money from my wallet except for purchase a residence and pay taxes on that and the town.

@Raolyth do you have any friends added to your residence? It's definitely not user error. It seems the connection we both have is owning a residence. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but that's what I'd look into.

Also, I just logged in and I have lost another ~500c. I will soon lose my residence if it happens again :\...

I'll take care of your money tonight when I'm home and do more digging on Residences.

Please look into my transaction logs (Maxim_V_Midnight) and tell me why I keep losing money, even when I'm not dying. I've voted a bunch of times, and I won the lottery once, and even had a town for a brief stint (that I had to disband, because of the highway robbery), and last time I checked, I had 0 coins. Since then, I've voted 3 times, and sold some Relics for 10c.

If I don't have a balance reflecting the voting and Relics, then I'm still getting robbed too. Towns, as far as I know (despite references across the forum) are fictitious, so it isn't like my Town is robbing me or changing tax amounts.

The server has no cause to be robbing me! Money is hard enough to get as-is.

Raolyth

Legacy Supporter 8

Nope, nobody has permissions in my residence besides me.

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This is a bug in the Residence plugin. There's a miscalculation in the lease renewal amount.

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Not saying this is the cause for all of the issues. However, this particular case, Residence is at fault.

colley619

Legacy Supporter 4
I've refunded most.

@colley619 @Raolyth - let me know if we're not up to date.

Sorry I haven't been on to get it cleaned up. Been real busy with some college stuff. I had 2900c right before it happened a week ago today. I've made sure i haven't sold anything so it would be easier to refund the right amount. Thanks to everyone who has looked into this.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Sorry I haven't been on to get it cleaned up. Been real busy with some college stuff. I had 2900c right before it happened a week ago today. I've made sure i haven't sold anything so it would be easier to refund the right amount. Thanks to everyone who has looked into this.

I'm on vacation till Tuesday, if you need refunding before then get with @WitchOnaRampage

Witchy, if you need to verify withdrawals;
  • /money log (page#) (name)

mung3r

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I found the bug in the Residence plugin code. Offline players that have a residence incorrectly get the 'whitelisted' perm group. As a result, they get charged at that rate.

The fix should take effect whenever the next scheduled restart happens. Thanks for everyone's help in pinpointing the bug.