• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

I guess you might call this lore?

Is this Lore?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I am still developing this concept, mostly as a back story for the Town I run and the Guilds in it. I guess you might call this lore. I plan to develop the back story of the three guilds a little more, but mostly want to outline where they stand now. If this is the place for it let me know and I will post further updates here when I can find the time.

Vousti is the Ancestral Home and birthplace of Le Phelien Sophia, which is comprised of three orders: Ordinem Temperata Gladio (the order of the tempered sword), Ordinum Aeterna Caminus (the order of the eternal forge) and Ordinem Viventium Scientia (the order of the living knowledge)

Le Phelien Sophia can be roughly translated to mean the love of or great quest for wisdom. Little is known about the period before the unification of the three orders. Legend holds that they were once three great nations, at war with each other. One belived that knowledge was purpose in itself and so sought to acquire all avaiable knowlege, by theft or war if neccassary, keeping it for themselves. Another sought to conquer the world through force, for no other purpose than that it could be done. The third believed in monumental building above all other considerations, and gave no care to the land nor man nor beast.

At the height of the war it seemed certain the three nations would destroy each other. At a crucial moment their leaders were visited in a dream by Sophia, goddess of divine wisdom. To the first she asked; What use is knowledge if through it we cannot improve the human condition? to the second; What is the meaning of force without restraint? to the third; How long will your buildings stand if your soil erodes and you have no crops to feed your children?
As they pondered these questions she asked them all one more; What use is a man who does not make the world better?

Since then the three orders have evolved to work together. For example: Building is carried out by the order of the eternal forge, the site scouting and planning however is carried out by the order of the living knowledge and the sites are gaurded by the order of the tempered sword. It is this type of cooperation that lives in all that we do as we endeavor to make this world a better place.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think what you have here sounds awesome! One thing did stick out to me however, in the lore we have for Herocraft no gods/goddesses exist. Instead we have the Zo (Kain, Apherdite, Brutal, etc) it has a few tiers of a sort of hierarchy. Usually they are looked at as being god-like beings, but they are just high class souls.

You can read majority of the existing lore here: http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/History

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think what you have here sounds awesome! One thing did stick out to me however, in the lore we have for Herocraft no gods/goddesses exist. Instead we have the Zo (Kain, Apherdite, Brutal, etc) it has a few tiers of a sort of hierarchy. Usually they are looked at as being god-like beings, but they are just high class souls.

You can read majority of the existing lore here: http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/History

This looks splendid, someone has been reading their greek. I shall update mine when I can.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
*Cracks neck* ohai, looking good. I like the general idea. Cook up some more and we'll talk :)

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
@Alator @strongholdx @victim130 @Rumblestikk
So this is what I have. I tried to make it fit the lore but I'm afraid the prose may be a bit off.
I am open to suggestions/revisions.

Alicubi (somewhere)

Suus 'melius quam nusquam etillic'nusquammelior (It’s better than nowhere and there’s nowhere better)

Alicubi was the Ancestral Home and birthplace of Le Phelien Sophia, which is comprised of three orders: Ordinem Temperata Gladio (the order of the tempered sword), Ordinem Aeterna Caminus (the order of the eternal forge) and Ordinem Viventium Scientia (the order of the living knowledge). Le Phelien Sophia can be roughly translated to mean the love of or great quest for wisdom.

The souls who have brought Le Phelien Sophia to the Multiverse are the last survivors of a once great, yet lesser realm. Before the unification of the three orders they were once three great nations, at war with each other. One believed that knowledge was purpose in itself and so sought to acquire all available knowledge, by theft or war if necessary, keeping it for themselves. Another sought to conquer the world through force, for no other purpose than that it could be done. The third believed in monumental building above all other considerations, and gave no care to the land nor man nor beast.

At the height of the war it seemed certain the three nations would destroy each other. At a crucial moment their leaders were visited in a dream by Sophia, goddess of divine wisdom. (They were ignorant at the time to the truth of the Zo and so looked upon them as gods)To the first she asked; what use is knowledge if through it we cannot improve the human condition? To the second; what is the meaning of force without restraint? To the third; how long will your buildings stand if your soil erodes and you have no crops to feed your children?
As they pondered these questions she asked them all one more; what use is a man who does not make the world better?

It was then the three orders realized the wisdom of working together. Combining their efforts they sought to build a nation worthy of inclusion in Sophia’s world. Together after only a short time they did just that. Ubique (Everywhere) as it was called grew into the greatest nation Sophia’s realm had ever seen. Its capitol Alicubi (Somewhere) was a place all wanted to be. Alicubi’s merchants and bankers were so successful that they set prices throughout the land, all prospered as a result but none more than they.

As happens often in such matters, jealousy began to grow in the wake of Ubique’s success. Some felt that while the rulers in Alicubi shared the majority of their wealth with the world at large, that this was not enough. Many clamored for Alicubis’ destruction and for the division of Ubique’s territories. Though they had Sophia’s support, some of the other gods of the realm were convinced by the clamor that it was unfair for so much of the world to be controlled by so few. Accordingly the gods decreed that Ubique would be dissected and its territories divided between any willing to run them.

Managing such a large empire is not such an easy chore, even in small parts it seemed none were up to the task. It was chaos. The founders of Alicubi were faced with a dilemma for it seemed that while the world would not have them, it also would not run without them. Should they leave Sophia’s realm, knowing that the chaos would destroy it, or should they stay and be party to its destruction?

They left, and Sophia’s world crumbled. They drifted though the nothingness for what seemed an eternity (though was more likely just a day or two) before they felt a mysterious force pulling them. Towards what it was pulling them they did not know and so at first they resisted. Eventually the pull was too strong so they gave in to its power. It was in this way that the children of Sophia came unto the Multiverse.

Upon arrival at the then capitol of Dragongarde they were impressed with the sheer magnitude of it. This city seemed to dwarf all that they had created for their beloved Sophia. Timidly, they decided to explore this new world. What they found was a contradiction.

The capitol was large, well developed, and swelled with activity yet it was quite safe. The wilds of this world were not so grand. Food and resources were scarce, the landscape was often barren, and it seemed danger lurked at every turn. What pockets of civilization they found were not generally found to be friendly. Still there appeared to be groups who sought to change this by beautifying the land, and helping people. Perhaps a place could be found for them in this harsh world. It was certainly worth a look.

In the beginning it was quite difficult. Along with resources being scarce they experienced daily raids by the Tree Creepers and other similar groups. Still they persevered building their stores, their territory and their population. As their underground city grew so did the intensity of their attackers, who seemed determined to squash them into submission. They would of course never submit, but the attacks certainly hindered their growth. So when Bladewrath, the new ruler of a town called Vousti offered them sanctuary they accepted.

Vousti was very unfamiliar to them. Everything they had built, even underground, was built for both form and function so had been given the utmost attention to detail. Vousti it seemed was thrown together with the only thought being to safety, a safety that seemed much needed in this world. Immediately after creating a place for themselves in Vousti they set about assisting Bladewrath in the improvement of the town and so they gained quick acceptance with their new neighbors.

Their safety it seemed was destined to be short lived. Unbeknownst to them Bladewrath and his kin had offended the Zo (by now they had learned the history of the Multiverse and understood the concept of the Zo) and he was forced to flee. Upon his exodus the town began to crumble. The children of Sophia were resolved not to watch another of their homes destroyed, and so they appealed to the almighty Elder Zo Kainzo. They bid him bestow upon them providence over Bladewrath’s domain and in return they would transform it into a magnificent monument to Lord Kainzo’s glory and forever be his most humble servants.

In his supreme wisdom Lord Kainzo saw fit to bestow such rule upon them. In return they began to transform Vousti into a place admired by all who saw it and worthy of inclusion in Lord Kainzo’s Multiverse. Alas it was not to be. Just as their grand project neared completion they were informed by lord Kainzo that an attack by outside forces, led by lesser souls, would scar the world of Dragongarde forever and that soon they must start again.

That is where we are, waiting for Lord Kainzo to deliver us to this new world of his creation, that we may serve him once again. There are rumors that Sophia has survived the fall of her dominion and may one day join us here. That there are yet groups that worship her in secret. These are only rumors not to be believed and are of no consequence.