• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion HydroMancer[NewClass]

kk0707

Legacy Supporter 2
Hydromancer is a water mage who focuses on being up in your face while attempting to avoid damage through magical ability’s

Its weapon of Choice: Hoe/Raw fish

Skills:

Level 1: WaterStrike:

You send a powerful jet of water at the enemy. Dealing 90(+1.15per Int Point)

A blue firework effect on the enemy you are targeting would be best

Cd: 8secs

Mana: 100

Level: 5 WaterBreathing

You gain the ability to Breath underwater For 20 secs (+.5per Wis Point)

Cd: 90secs

Mana: 75

Level: 10 Water Bottles:

You gain the ability to drink water-bottles… Drinking one water bottle will increase your mana by 50 %( +2%per Wis)

Cd: 180secs

Level 15: WaterWeights

You lock your opponent to the ground with the weight of all the oceans. The player affected by welterweights experiences a slow and losses the ability to jump for 2secs (+.10 per Int point)

Cd: 15 secs

Mana: 125

Level: 25 Cyclone

You summon a Cyclone of water that extends 7 blocks around you… All enemies caught inside the wall will be dealt 15dps for 5 seconds. If they choose to leave the circle of water, they will proceed to take 85(+.5 per Int) damage as a result. All allies are free to travel thru without harm.

Cd: 25 secs

Mana: 140

Level: 35 Waterdream

Your cause your target to dream of the depths of the Ocean causing their vision to be like that of one Underwater for 3 secs(+.25 per Int)

Cd: 18secs

Mana: 90

Level: 40 AquaticDeath

You teleport to your opponent within 7 block… knocking them in the air and dealing 75(+.25per Int) amount of damage

Cd: 13secs

Man: 80

Level: 50 Watermark

You gain the ability to track your prey like that of a ninja

Cd: 90 secs

Mana: 250

Level: 60 Monsoon

You summon the rains to aid you, increasing your Agility by 20% for 8secs (+.125 per Int)

Cd: 45secs

Mana: 50

Level: 65 Ocean’s Wrath

You root yourself and all targets in a 6 block radius for 4secs amount of time. You then proceed to hit each target trapped by your root with the wrath of the ocean dealing 115(+.75per Int) amount of damage per target (one at a time, upon hit the enemy is released)

Cd: 35secs

Mana:185

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds sort of interesting, One of my concerns is the water bottle thing. There is no limit on drinking them as they are not potions right? So drinking them all the time sort of seems like unlimited mana to me.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Sounds sort of interesting, One of my concerns is the water bottle thing. There is no limit on drinking them as they are not potions right? So drinking them all the time sort of seems like unlimited mana to me.
They could simply implement a cd like they do for pots.

As for the class: Obviously these numbers need to be reworked, but I give you credit for trying to think of good scaling, there are 2 that would have to be altered, that I see at least.

Level 15: WaterWeights
You lock your opponent to the ground with the weight of all the oceans. The player affected by welterweights experiences a slow and losses the ability to jump for 2secs (+.10 per Int point)

A .1 bonus per int is a little extreme, either lower that to .025 per int, or change it to .5 per Charisma

Your cause your target to dream of the depths of the Ocean causing their vision to be like that of one Underwater for 3 secs(+.25 per Int)

Same as the other, a .25 bonus for 1 int is crazy on any spell caster. as int or wis are their main points. Either reduce the bonus a ton, or scale it off charisma instead.

*Remember; These are not damaging skills, they are debuff skills

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Hydromancer is a water mage who focuses on being up in your face while attempting to avoid damage through magical ability’s

Its weapon of Choice: Hoe/Raw fish

Skills:

Level 1: WaterStrike:

Level: 5 WaterBreathing

Level: 25 Cyclone

Level: 40 AquaticDeath

Level: 60 Monsoon

Level: 65 Ocean’s Wrath
Notes:
I removed a few skills that did not make sense for a mage/hydromancer to have, like DeathMark...

WaterBreathing should have a longer Duration than Cooldown, like Ranger/Necro similar skills.
Cyclone is a cool idea, an AoE that hurts to leave!
WaterDream, if possible, is excellent. Could probably be disabled like blinds though.
AquaticDeath should knock the target down if they are in water, and do mediocre damage/knockup when cast while standing on a solid block.
Monsoon: Solid name for an Att-Buff Skill, but it would increase agility by 15 like other Att-Buffs.
Ocean'sWrath: Solid idea, is it possible to apply a MassRoot, and then apply a ChainLightning-like skill to remove players from the root one by one?

A few ideas for water based skills:

If WaterStrike could instantly spawn and despawn 1 block of water at the Target location, it would add a small slow that could potentially hit multiple people.

You largely ignored the actual water aspect of Hyrdromancer pvp, which should be emphasized since PvP often has new interesting dynamics when done in water.

Two examples of skills that strengthen water pvp:
Sink - The Target or The Hydro drop (teleport) to the first solid block below them. This would be a problem for non-waterbreathing classes, they would stay away from water when a WaterMage is near.
Water Walking - Party buff, short duration.

Overall, a good take on an idea that has been suggested before and is just waiting for a viable skillset to gain popularity!

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Notes:
I removed a few skills that did not make sense for a mage/hydromancer to have, like DeathMark...

WaterBreathing should have a longer Duration than Cooldown, like Ranger/Necro similar skills.
WaterDream, if possible, is excellent. Could probably be disabled like blinds though.
AquaticDeath should knock the target down if they are in water, and do mediocre damage/knockup when cast while standing on a solid block.
Monsoon: Solid name for an Att-Buff Skill, but it would increase agility by 15 like other Att-Buffs.
Ocean'sWrath: Solid idea, is it possible to apply a MassRoot, and then apply a ChainLightning-like skill to remove players from the root one by one?

If WaterStrike could instantly spawn and despawn 1 block of water at the Target location, it would add a small slow that could potentially hit multiple people.

You largely ignored the actual water aspect of Hyrdromancer pvp, which should be emphasized since PvP often has new interesting dynamics when done in water.

Sink - The Target or The Hydro drop (teleport) to the first solid block below them. This would be a problem for non-waterbreathing classes, they would stay away from water when a WaterMage is near.

Overall, a good take on an idea that has been suggested before and is just waiting for a viable skillset to gain popularity!
nah sink would be way to op it could be used it instantly kill some classes.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
nah sink would be way to op it could be used it instantly kill some classes.
You can swim up a decent amount when you are instantly teleported below water and don't have to breathe on the swim down (Casters can Sink themselves currently with ChaosOrb or EnderPearls to see this, try on Test Server).

Needs testing but I think this skill could be on a 30 second cooldown and only be OP in extremely deep water (25+ blocks down)

Also, if this was one of the class's ~10 unique skills, it would be useless on land and therefore should have a decent bit of utility in water.

Thoughts? another implementation would be better? No possible implementation?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
You can swim up a decent amount when you are instantly teleported below water and don't have to breathe on the swim down (Casters can Sink themselves currently with ChaosOrb or EnderPearls to see this, try on Test Server).

Needs testing but I think this skill could be on a 30 second cooldown and only be OP in extremely deep water (25+ blocks down)

Also, if this was one of the class's ~10 unique skills, it would be useless on land and therefore should have a decent bit of utility in water.

very long warm up too

kk0707

Legacy Supporter 2
Notes:

I really like the ideas you have given for the class... But I find that Water Walking would to good for the class. For example as long as you make it to the water you would most likely be able to get away. Another and most likely problem to occur is you would be able to drown people underneath you while you just stand there. I believe that these problems could be solved by allowing only the user to use water walk and for it to only be 1 block wide.

Also the main reason I strayed from the use of water, is like pyromancer I think water would become problematic for other classes. I also think that no one would be dumb enough to fight you in water causing you to either have little pvp impact on land or have little pvp at all due to the fact everyone would just run from you once you hit water

Ultanian

Portal

The skill sink sounds really good, and wouldn't be too op because how often do people actually swim across oceans :p

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
One of the reasons that sink would be a problematic skill is that there is nothing that someone could do once they get sunk.
Pretty much this is how the fight would go:
Hydromancer casts sink
Target sinks
Target either dies because the water is too deep or lives because the water isn''t deep enough.

Not a lot of gameplay there when the options are so binary. Not fun for the person doing the sinking (because you just cast it and hope the water is deep enough) not fun for the person being sunk (because you just sit there and hope the water isn't deep enough)

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I could see sink as more beneficial for a gank situation, in which multiple players have teamed against you and are actively using multi v 1 tactics. If it's a two on one, simply retreat to the water, sink one, deal with the other, and when the second one comes back up, hit him with a few other skills, possibly a cyclone or two depending on the length of the fight. I personally feel like this would be a great addition to the class trees, and I would switch to this from pyromancer to be honest. Great Idea

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
... I find that Water Walking would to good for the class. For example as long as you make it to the water you would most likely be able to get away. Another and most likely problem to occur is you would be able to drown people underneath you while you just stand there.
Water Walking, especially as a group buff implementation, would probably need to last at least 2 secs to be useful, and not more than 5 to be balanced.
Player collision has been disabled for some time now, so you could stand on top of someone in an open-topped 1x1x2 drowning cage and they will still be able to get past you.
You're correct to be cautious, HC has never had a water-walking or terrain-oriented class before and lots of balance testing would be needed before we know how strong some of the concepts are.

Edit: I think that Water is uniquely placed among terrain types to be excellent for a class skillset, because or the vanilla minecraft enchants Respiration and Aqua Affinity. Also, we already know that some classes are strong in water (kiting classes/bow classes) and Hydromancer would be an extension of that playstyle.

Last edited:

Ultanian

Portal
Water walking would also be a good skill for ninja, there's this myth they had these special lightweight shoes that let them float on top of the water...

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Water walking would also be a good skill for ninja, there's this myth they had these special lightweight shoes that let them float on top of the water...
BUSTED (Skip to 0:45 to hear Adam's commentary on Ninja's Water Walking.
I'm just saying...

edit- this is the funniest way (and most relevant b/c of the great commentary in the video) that they tested the myth, but they tested several other shoe types and other methods too...

Last edited:

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
One of the reasons that sink would be a problematic skill is that there is nothing that someone could do once they get sunk.
Pretty much this is how the fight would go:
Hydromancer casts sink
Target sinks
Target either dies because the water is too deep or lives because the water isn''t deep enough.

Not a lot of gameplay there when the options are so binary. Not fun for the person doing the sinking (because you just cast it and hope the water is deep enough) not fun for the person being sunk (because you just sit there and hope the water isn't deep enough)
Even if they dont die from sink, It still slows them, even if only a little

Ultanian

Portal
BUSTED (Skip to 0:45 to hear Adam's commentary on Ninja's Water Walking.
I'm just saying...

edit- this is the funniest way (and most relevant b/c of the great commentary in the video) that they tested the myth, but they tested several other shoe types and other methods too...
I've seen the video lol, hence why I said "myth"
That's where I first heard of it xD