• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How to use Bard well (what's best skills, combo etc)

Well, I chose bard, because I like it, but I don't know how to combo skills and etc, so, can someone help me? Also, is it good to have a bow with bard?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Non-Rotation Skills:
Sneak: Typical rogue skill, useful for running around the world or as a possible engage/disengage tool
Envenom: Do not use this skill in your main rotation. It is a waste of stamina to use this unless you're cleaning up (1 or 2 people left and you have most of your group) or it is a 1v1 where you need the damage.
Song of Respiration: Almost no combat use
Drop The Bass: Almost no combat use (Though more than Respiration)
Boastful Belllow: Despite it's AoE interupt nature, this shouldn't be in your main rotation, as you should focus on your buffs and voidsong, however, if there are a lot of warmup skills going around, don't be afraid to use this skill.
Healing Chorus: Waste of stamina, it's a terribly slow AoE HoT that only heals for about 110 for party members and 95ish for you (iirc, havent checked the exact number in a while, but still, waste of stamina and mana, don't use this unless you want to top off your party while chasing)

The Main Rotation:
My personal rotation is: Accelerando (Probably one of the best engage skills on the server, party wide speed 3. It breaks as soon as you take a hit however, so don't use this once the fight starts), Warsong (Damage buff, most useful as melee is very common), Manasong (Restores Mana), Battlesong (Restores Stamina), Voidsong/MelodicBindings/Kick.

Void is an AoE pulse like skill that deals good damage and silences, couple that with kick and you can shut down a magic class for about 5ish seconds. MelodicBindings does shit damage (140 over 12 seconds, if every tick lands) however it's main draw is that it slows the enemies withing its range.

A bards main job is to keep the 3 main buffs up (Warsong and Manasong should be up at all times, battlesong CAN fall, though it helps you immensely so it helps keeping that one up) and then supply extra CC or Damage from Void,Melodic,Kick or the situational Boastful.

Don't use a bow. You do something around 20 damage I think (Though this can be boosted with Warsong and Envenom)

Bard has no spamable damage skill, as all of it's take a good chunk out of your stam or mana. Instead you spam support skills so your team beats the shit of others faster. All of your buffs apply to you as well, so bard does possess decent damage capabilities, though you will usually lose a melee fight or a ranges fight, bard isn't made to 1v1, and while it can, it shines best in a group.

*I am NOT perfect, these are my opinions from playing the class for the entire map so far, and my personal rotation*

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Non-Rotation Skills:
Sneak: Typical rogue skill, useful for running around the world or as a possible engage/disengage tool
Envenom: Do not use this skill in your main rotation. It is a waste of stamina to use this unless you're cleaning up (1 or 2 people left and you have most of your group) or it is a 1v1 where you need the damage.
Song of Respiration: Almost no combat use
Drop The Bass: Almost no combat use (Though more than Respiration)
Boastful Belllow: Despite it's AoE interupt nature, this shouldn't be in your main rotation, as you should focus on your buffs and voidsong, however, if there are a lot of warmup skills going around, don't be afraid to use this skill.
Healing Chorus: Waste of stamina, it's a terribly slow AoE HoT that only heals for about 110 for party members and 95ish for you (iirc, havent checked the exact number in a while, but still, waste of stamina and mana, don't use this unless you want to top off your party while chasing)

The Main Rotation:
My personal rotation is: Accelerando (Probably one of the best engage skills on the server, party wide speed 3. It breaks as soon as you take a hit however, so don't use this once the fight starts), Warsong (Damage buff, most useful as melee is very common), Manasong (Restores Mana), Battlesong (Restores Stamina), Voidsong/MelodicBindings/Kick.

Void is an AoE pulse like skill that deals good damage and silences, couple that with kick and you can shut down a magic class for about 5ish seconds. MelodicBindings does shit damage (140 over 12 seconds, if every tick lands) however it's main draw is that it slows the enemies withing its range.

A bards main job is to keep the 3 main buffs up (Warsong and Manasong should be up at all times, battlesong CAN fall, though it helps you immensely so it helps keeping that one up) and then supply extra CC or Damage from Void,Melodic,Kick or the situational Boastful.

Don't use a bow. You do something around 20 damage I think (Though this can be boosted with Warsong and Envenom)

Bard has no spamable damage skill, as all of it's take a good chunk out of your stam or mana. Instead you spam support skills so your team beats the shit of others faster. All of your buffs apply to you as well, so bard does possess decent damage capabilities, though you will usually lose a melee fight or a ranges fight, bard isn't made to 1v1, and while it can, it shines best in a group.

*I am NOT perfect, these are my opinions from playing the class for the entire map so far, and my personal rotation*
I'm going to edit this post in a bit when i have the time, but i am going to say right now that if boastfulbellow isn't in your main rotation you need to re-think your combo

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm going to edit this post in a bit when i have the time, but i am going to say right now that if boastfulbellow isn't in your main rotation you need to re-think your combo
The skill isn't bad. I never am in a position where I want to waste the mana/stamina for it though. I'd rather use it for Void/Kick/Melodic.
Truth be told it kind of ends up being a filler for me. I don't use it anywhere near as much as the other 3 attacks however.