• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How to make a .GIF file..

Aanokint

Obsidian
I want a .gif file for my signature. I would like to learn how to create them so in the future I can signaturize all the stupid stuff I find on it's own respective time.

The clip I'm wanting to gifisize is(
) at 3:56.

agentjwall

Godly
Making .gif's are pretty easy and there are dozens of programs on the web that you can use (Upb34t pretty much summed that up). But there are some limitations of .gif's that you should keep in mind:
  • .gif's are usually choppier than the original. (to reduce the file size frames need to be skipped over)
  • .gif's are video only and cannot contain sound. (so it's good to find things that work well without sound)
  • The bigger the .gif (or the higher the frame-rate) the longer it will take a viewer to load it. (Keep the file size down you you don't bog down people with 'lower-end hardware')
  • .gif's loop (good .gif's seamlessly loop the end-beginning so you don't get that frame-jump as the gif resets)
If you keep these in mind you'll be .gif-ing like a pro in no time. I wish you luck in you .gif-based adventures!