• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How to do things?

I am sorry if I sound like a noob (because I am). I have only recently started playing Minecraft online and I was surprised when I got whitelisted on my first try. Anyway I was wondering if there was any way to spawn items at will. Also I was wondering why if I try to talk It says that no one hears me. Someone please assist me. :)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
@Dielan9999 @Neotetro @Domitius @Merikku Help this guy in game please.

If you read all the signs, you'd notice there's channels on our server. When you first spawn, you are in local chat, this has a radius of 25 blocks. to talk to people type in minecraft /ch o. This brings you to the global off topic chat in game. You can't spawn items in this server, you have to mine them etc.
Here's for more reading:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Welcome!

Welcome to Herocraft! This guide is set up to quickly get you up and running as a functional and aware player of the Herocraft server. This wiki holds all the information you need to know about the server, so feel free to look through for anything you need.

Where am I?

Immediately upon logging in for the first time, you will be in the spawn area of Zeal, the server's main city. Around you will be information on the class paths and the Rules. Read them all carefully, because very little leniency is given for breaking them.

Chat

Changing chat channels is done by typing "/ch <channel name>. The important ones for a starting player are:
  • /ch o - Offtopic chat, considered general global chat
  • /ch h - Help chat. Ask questions here, but don't converse in this channel
  • /ch t - Trade chat. Used to buy and sell. Again, don't converse in this channel.
  • /ch l - Local chat. Use this to talk to everyone within a small radius.
    • The message "No one can hear you" is returned if there is nobody inside that radius.
  • /ch tour - Tour chat. This channel is used to give tours of the spawn and getting new players acquainted with the server.

Building

You are allowed to build anywhere outside of Zeal (about a 400 block radius from coordinates 0,0). You will be notified when you have moved far enough away from the city to begin. Read the Rules on griefing. Basically, don't destroy anything someone else built, and replace anything you do exactly as it was.

Heroes

It's in the name, but what is this Heroes thing you've heard so much about? It is this server's RPG plugin, and allows you to level up different classes, earning new skills and hit points as you do.
  • See the Heroes page for information on all of the classes. Again, be sure to read the Rules before playing, and most of all, have fun!
  • When you first spawn, you will be able to see different rooms and halls with the various class information. You don't need to go down a specific hall to choose your starter path; they are simply there for information.

Choosing your starter path

• When you have chosen your desired starting path, type "/hero choose <class>". For example, to become a crafter, type "/hero choose crafter".
  • Starter paths are able to gain experience from all sources (mining, killing, using skills, etc.)
  • See the Leveling page for experience information.

Choosing your specialty class

• You 'master' your starter path/class at level 50 (50,000 exp total).
    • Once a class is mastered, you will not lose your levels if you switch to another class. You will be able to switch back and still be at level 50.
  • After you have mastered your first class, you must pay a fee of 500 coins to specialize or change classes.
  • The command to choose a 'spec', is" /hero spec <class>

Notes

• Type /skills to see what skills you can learn and what level you obtain them at.
  • Type /hero tools to see what tools and weapons you are allowed to use.
  • Type /hero armor to see what armor you are allowed to wear.
  • Type /hero help to see all possible hero commands.
If you feel you made a bad decision and do not want to spend 500 coins to choose another starting path, you can type /hero reset to reset all of your heroes information.
  • WARNING! The reset command erases all of your experience, and removes any mastered classes you have obtained. Use this only if you feel you have no other options and are sure you do not like the path you have chosen.

How do I set my spawn?

Beds can be slept in at night to set a new spawn location. Keep in mind if the bed is broken, you will spawn back in Zeal. You can also learn two spells at level 20; Mark and Recall, with the exception of casters learning them at level 10.
  • Mark - /skill recall set - Costs 1 Iron ingot and 100 mana. Sets a location for Recall.
  • Recall - /skill recall - Costs 10 Redstone dust and 100 mana. Teleports you back to the location you cast Mark.
Links

Full Credit to the Herocraft Wiki, All information on this post are gathered from the Herocraft Wiki.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Welcome!

Welcome to Herocraft! This guide is set up to quickly get you up and running as a functional and aware player of the Herocraft server. This wiki holds all the information you need to know about the server, so feel free to look through for anything you need.

Where am I?

Immediately upon logging in for the first time, you will be in the spawn area of Zeal, the server's main city. Around you will be information on the class paths and the Rules. Read them all carefully, because very little leniency is given for breaking them.

Chat

Changing chat channels is done by typing "/ch <channel name>. The important ones for a starting player are:
  • /ch o - Offtopic chat, considered general global chat
  • /ch h - Help chat. Ask questions here, but don't converse in this channel
  • /ch t - Trade chat. Used to buy and sell. Again, don't converse in this channel.
  • /ch l - Local chat. Use this to talk to everyone within a small radius.
    • The message "No one can hear you" is returned if there is nobody inside that radius.
  • /ch tour - Tour chat. This channel is used to give tours of the spawn and getting new players acquainted with the server.

Building

You are allowed to build anywhere outside of Zeal (about a 400 block radius from coordinates 0,0). You will be notified when you have moved far enough away from the city to begin. Read the Rules on griefing. Basically, don't destroy anything someone else built, and replace anything you do exactly as it was.

Heroes

It's in the name, but what is this Heroes thing you've heard so much about? It is this server's RPG plugin, and allows you to level up different classes, earning new skills and hit points as you do.
  • See the Heroes page for information on all of the classes. Again, be sure to read the Rules before playing, and most of all, have fun!
  • When you first spawn, you will be able to see different rooms and halls with the various class information. You don't need to go down a specific hall to choose your starter path; they are simply there for information.

Choosing your starter path

• When you have chosen your desired starting path, type "/hero choose <class>". For example, to become a crafter, type "/hero choose crafter".
  • Starter paths are able to gain experience from all sources (mining, killing, using skills, etc.)
  • See the Leveling page for experience information.

Choosing your specialty class

• You 'master' your starter path/class at level 50 (50,000 exp total).
    • Once a class is mastered, you will not lose your levels if you switch to another class. You will be able to switch back and still be at level 50.
  • After you have mastered your first class, you must pay a fee of 500 coins to specialize or change classes.
  • The command to choose a 'spec', is" /hero spec <class>

Notes

• Type /skills to see what skills you can learn and what level you obtain them at.
  • Type /hero tools to see what tools and weapons you are allowed to use.
  • Type /hero armor to see what armor you are allowed to wear.
  • Type /hero help to see all possible hero commands.
If you feel you made a bad decision and do not want to spend 500 coins to choose another starting path, you can type /hero reset to reset all of your heroes information.

• WARNING! The reset command erases all of your experience, and removes any mastered classes you have obtained. Use this only if you feel you have no other options and are sure you do not like the path you have chosen.

How do I set my spawn?

Beds can be slept in at night to set a new spawn location. Keep in mind if the bed is broken, you will spawn back in Zeal. You can also learn two spells at level 20; Mark and Recall, with the exception of casters learning them at level 10.
  • Mark - /skill recall set - Costs 1 Iron ingot and 100 mana. Sets a location for Recall.
  • Recall - /skill recall - Costs 10 Redstone dust and 100 mana. Teleports you back to the location you cast Mark.
Links

Full Credit to the Herocraft Wiki, All information on this post are gathered from the Herocraft Wiki.

Excellent job Mohhpped,

Also @NobleRadonX if this wasn't help enough for you, or if a [GUIDE] staff didn't get with you in game yet, you can check out this topic for your other questions:

http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-beginner-guide-to-herocraft.8825/

Regretfully I cannot get online right now, but typing /ch h then typing a message will show up in help chat, and the community will come to your aid!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Like.... a moped?
Is that how it's pronounced?
Moped-Scooter-Gas-Scooter-with-EPA-DOT-GS-811-.jpg

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
The first one but anyway, lets not get off-topic on this thread :p Moving on!