• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How Name-Changing May Affect Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiralz

Obsidian
So name changing has just been activated by Mojang. I'm sure plenty of players will want to use this new feature. But how will it affect certain aspects of the server? I think server Staff may want to look into what will be affected, rules for changing name, protocols to follow after its been done, etc. For example, I don't think Kainzo would appreciate his name being used in a disrespectful manner such as if someone changed their name to, Mojang allowed, something along the lines of KainzoIsAButthead.

So far, I've seen a player notice loss their of town membership and titles. I'm sure there are other things that will be affected too. Also, someone changing their username may bring much confusion as to who they were known as, which could effectively wipe their reputation as a player (as long as they are sneaky enough). I think maybe, if it's possible, in addition to other info using the /who command, there should be info on their past names. I believe name changing can occur every 30 days, so depending on the person, someone may take advantage of that and change it frequently.

Name changing is a neat new feature, but I'd hate to see it abused or fucking up server stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.