• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How do you deal with griefing on your house and farms?

goawaytaco

Stone
For some special reason i've had asshats coming to my area destroying everything on a multiple-time-a-day basis. I do report. My house has been completely stripped and covered in cobblestone and dirt as of late. It seems that reporting griefing doesn't really do any good, no offense to whoever.

So how do you do anything? Do you just not build a house or do you just keep reporting and dealing with it?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Report it as much as you can. Try to get player names. Don't fix ANYTHING

Make a personal region so they cannot break blocks
Join a town where they cannot break blocks
Move
Lava them (Only allowed if they enter your home)
Trap them (Again, only if they go into your house)

If you're in PvP try to get some allies and murder the theives.

Just a few options.

goawaytaco

Stone
Thank you. You wouldn't happen to be willing to tell me how to lava or trap them would you? Or have a link to a guide? I'm new to the whole minecraft thing. I looked up a video for a lava trap but the components can't be made on our server. ): The only thing I can think of now is a trap door.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Trap are tricky and really only possible Via engineer.

For lava, simply place lava inside your house.

You might be able to convince an Engineer to build you some traps (You'd have to pay them, confirm in T chat, etc).

The best thing to do is get an LWC, it's costly but it is 100% guaranteed to protect you stuff.

Aiyeris

ICE ICE ICE!
submit a ticket and get the bastards name and then hunt him down in game then get his ip and somehow get his address and fucking left right goodnight

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
For some special reason i've had asshats coming to my area destroying everything on a multiple-time-a-day basis. I do report. My house has been completely stripped and covered in cobblestone and dirt as of late. It seems that reporting griefing doesn't really do any good, no offense to whoever.

So how do you do anything? Do you just not build a house or do you just keep reporting and dealing with it?
USe /town residence

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
If you just ignore them they will leave. They derive their pleasure from your anger and misery. If you give no or even a friendly reaction to their dbaggery they will have no enjoyment. It will take some time but they will find someone more fun to harass.

goawaytaco

Stone
submit a ticket and get the bastards name and then hunt him down in game then get his ip and somehow get his address and fucking left right goodnight

I whole heartedly support this idea.

If you just ignore them they will leave. They derive their pleasure from your anger and misery. If you give no or even a friendly reaction to their dbaggery they will have no enjoyment. It will take some time but they will find someone more fun to harass.

Right. They don't get much of a reaction out of me, I just report them. I usually just rant silently to myself. :p