• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR NAME

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Started playing Halo on Xbox (original) way back when with the name of Digity317, Digity being my nickname spelt wrong (diggity) and 317 being the area code for Indianapolis, Indiana. Anyways, didn't really like the name, and decided I wanted another one, or two in this case. I am a pretty big fan of Tenacious D and wanted to use just wonderboy, but obviously it was takin. Then wanted just w0nd3rb0y but also was taken. My friends started a xbox live "clan" called the "comeback kings" which I thought was really stupid, but since I was making a new name anyways I made it w0nd3rb0y CK. At the same time I also made the account y0ngn4stym4n, which is my arch rivial and nemesis. When I came to minecraft, the name just stuck, however later I was able to get just w0nd3rb0y on live without the CK. Boom.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I used to play TF2 a lot, and i was always changing around my name a lot, so one day i was out and about and someone said "coolbeans" so later when i got home i remembered and decided to change my name to that for a bit, but it stuck. Now 2ish years later im still using the name, either with 279 (my 3 favorite numbers) or 222.

Xhazed

Portal
My name came from me blazing and i was thinking of xxx things so i got xhazed changed it from blazed cause it would have been obvious that i was blazed but i dont so yea good luck on your prostate exam default

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
When I was young...er... I decided I needed something to go by, so I smashed my fingers in random order on my keyboard. Got Jasqua which was neat. I sometimes add n (as with my MC name). I think I was registering for some random crap. Asked my brothers and they seemed to think it was okay. So I went with it. Also I decided I needed something to go by because my brothers had something they went by. Y'know, stuff.

I also have other usernames but they're secret.
no one knows

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I got my username like this. I had been trying to think of a good username for weeks, and I didn't want numbers in the name. (People with numbers in their names are copiers! XP)
So I was watching Survivorman and thought, "Hey, why not this?" I thought that my username should be sorta connected to the game I was playing.

Survival- You have to survive in the minecraft world.
Man- I am a man. Duh.
Z- You have to fight zombies.

The end. Whoop

The only reason I have SurvivalManZ instead of SurvivorManZ is because I forgot that the show was called Survivorman. At the time I made this username, I had thought the show was called Survivalman.

GG, get rekt.

My name is better than all of yours.
No it isn't....

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
Pietro is a game I absolutely loved called Popolocrois. Before Pietro I was called Uniden...Which of course everyone knows is a Phone Company. My full Alias is Pietro Van Boirelle. Van from final fantasy and Boirelle I just made up xD

DJAlphaWolf

Legacy Supporter 6
I shared a burrito with a wolf while surviving out in the harsh tundra. I put my earmuffs on him. Looked like headphones. I referred to him as DJ.

It's been 10 years since I've seen him. I miss you, DJ.

Real story: I was applying to be a radio DJ to some random internet radio stations. The job seemed simple enough. I liked music. Needed a DJ name. I liked wolves since I was like 7. I added Alpha to display my dominance over other DJ Wolves. And thus DJAlphaWolf was born. I havent done any radio biz since forever but the name has stuck with me for pretty much every game. My past IGNs were 50x shittier.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Who do you think you are, going back far enough to read this post? I'm typing this in 2016 and it's already ancient at this point. What the hell, man?

Last edited:

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
25847d1312806091-post-your-jokes-here-necro.jpg

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
The first of PC MC I saw was a video on Youtube a couple of years back. It was a Yogscast video, one of their' earliest and in particular, I noticed Simon's name (Honeydew). When I made my account, I wanted to make my username a fruit like Simon so I tried all kinds until I thought about what my mom always told me to use in Scriblenauts: Watermelons! (_01 just cuz straight "Watermelon" was taken already :p)

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Alright, time to be boring:
tl;dr - I liked chickens when I was a kid. I got a Minecraft account when I was a kid (six years ago?). Add that to a sad desire to appear more masculine and dominant and I became the lord of roosters (originally it was THE roosters but I took that out). (After this is just boring backstory. I will put it in a spoiler.)

I didn't really pay much attention to the name until I was about thirteen, when I thought "huh, this is a terrible name." I started using another similar name that was slightly more eloquent but that still involved birds (I wanted to be an ornithologist for a while, and I was invited to Cornell University last summer for some exclusive program thing, but I didn't take the opportunity and I sorely regret it).

After a while I ditched the birds thing entirely. Having recently gotten into TF2 I jokingly changed my name to Mann Co Shovel during a game (referencing a comic), and for a while my friend and I went around as a tag-team of low-quality gardening implements.

Sometime after that I shortened that to MCShovel, both because I'd taken up DJing and because it was multiple references in one. Then my friend mentioned in passing that he was working on a project - an indie game, which is always going to be more original than any mainstream (I guess). I told him I could play the piano, and he asked me to send him a few samples. I did, and a year later I've taught myself some audio editing and we're still working together, along with a team - music, writing, coding, art all coming together in some grand project. (We're planning on putting it on Steam when it's finished.)

I needed a new name to reflect my desire for a sort of aloof anonymity, so I picked a random Greek letter, because everyone uses Greek letters to sound cool (right?). The letter was Epsilon, and that's pretty overused but still a good name. I kept it.

Sorry. Boredom is a hell of a drug.

Last edited:
Mines gordontreeman because I grew up playing half life 2 and am in love with the game series, but thats not all. My brother is a pretty popular streamer and about a year or two ago i was playing MC hunger games with him on his stream with his viewers, well we were playing around and I remember there was a kit where you could instantly grow trees, so my brother told his viewers to keep growing trees on me, and thats how it was came up with! :) I had atleast 20 trees grown on top of me killing me...

Me.jpg