• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Housing] Shack

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Shack - A poor man's house. Increases max town population by 1. Reduces town daily power by 1, consume 1 day's worth of food, and generates $10/day.

Type: Structure (town tier 1), Size: 7x7

Research Cost: $200, Build Cost: $100

Requires: 2 (glass or thin glass), 16 (wood or log or cobblestone or dirt or gravel or sand or clay or wool or packed ice), 8 log, 1 wood door, 1 chest, 1 furnace, 1 bed, 1 sign

Protections: BlockBreak, PvP

Last edited:

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
@Balance Team I need input on what food houses should exchange for money each day? It can be one of several types of food. Currently I have shacks set to basic items:
- 32 Bread
- 40 Carrots
- 12 Apples
- 40 Melon Slice
- 8 Cooked Chicken

It will take one of those stacks of items each day and give you $10

What other food should I allow? What food should I not allow? Are these numbers right? Keep in mind that other size houses will require different/more complex food.

Should houses be requiring other items besides food?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd say that bread should require less considering its hard to make and its a farmer specific item. In terms of costs in general, its super easy to get stacks of food in as little as a hour. How we should balance around that is going to be difficult.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
[USER=5897]@Multitallented[/USER] <br /> - 32 Bread<br /> - 40 Carrots<br /> - 12 Apples<br /> - 40 Melon Slice<br /> - 8 Cooked Chicken<br /> <br /> It will take one of those stacks of items each day and give you $10<br /> <br /> What other food should I allow? What food should I not allow? Are these numbers right? Keep in mind that other size houses will require different/more complex food.<br /> <br /> [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#4d4dff]Should houses be requiring other items besides food?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#4d4dff]<br /> <br /> Personally, I think balancing around this only taking an hour is not an issue. It will probably annoy the hell out of people to be honest LOL<br /> <br /> as far as per day, are we talking a RW day? or a minecraft day?<br /> <br /> and really, the only one I am concerned about is the apples. At some point the drops were decreased - apples hardly ever drop any more it seems. <br /> <br /> now another question... how will these be turned in each day? auto-removal from a bank? because everything DOES require a farmer and what if your farmer goes AWOL or something? Will there be a server shop somewhere in case you cannot find a player shop to buy from?<br /> <br /> and like, this would be super easy for crafters before they specced as they can access all of this... <br /> <br /> [USER=5897]@Multitallented[/USER] and I cannot find your original post lol <br /> <br /> I need to see the big picture again to put a truthful thought process to this. :)[/COLOR][/FONT]

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Being a tier 1 building and of such a small stature, it would seem that we would want minimal costs and simplicity, 16 bread(can only be made by farmers) or 40 carrots/potatoes/melons or 8 cooked meat(anytype) would make sense.

You want to make it easy to get started as there are already enough problems new players are trying to tackling and then progressively raise the bar to keep people challenged. To much challenge at the start will drive people away, not enough challenge at the end game and players will complete their tasks and get bored.