• Register so you can experience the greatest RPG server ever! Use the keyword "Herocraft" when registering!Register! Enjoy the server @ play.hc.to !
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Housing] House

House - Increases max town population by 1. Reduces town daily power by 3, consume 1 days of food, and generates $25/day. Can be rebuilt from a Shack

Type: Structure (town tier 2), Size: 9x9

Research Cost: $500, Build Cost: $250

Requires: 4 (glass or thin glass), 48 (wood or log or cobblestone or stone or sand or clay or wool or glass), 16 (log or stone brick or sandstone or brick), 1 wood door, 2 chest, 1 furnace, 1 bed, 1 sign, 1 (wool or carpet)

Protections: BlockBreak, PvP, OpenDoors

Last edited:
@Balance Team what materials should be allowed in building houses?

I use a 2 material requirement. I like to require a lot of one material and half as much of a secondary material. The most common would be wood and logs, but I don't want to limit creativity. What should be allowed as complimentary materials?

@Multitallented please clarify what you mean by "allowed" vs "required"? And your "Requires" list in the first post - was this a list of possibles and are you now seeking to tie that down to definite requirements?

I was thinking a required secondary material might be glass panes but certainly not as much as half of the log/planks. Your min req of 4 panes or glass sounded reasonable.

Another idea, if it's possible, would be to require at least a small number of logs/planks/steps/slabs/fences/doors to be of the same wood type (seeing as fences and doors are now available in all the wood types in 1.8). However only a small number, so that players can still use multiple wood types in a house if they so choose.

ShadowRavynn

Maximum Supporter X
Can't you just allow any of the building blocks to be used in each place? why do we need to limit what types of items the player can use?

Requires: 4 (glass or thin glass), 48 (wood or log or cobblestone or stone or sand or clay or wool or glass), 16 (log or stone brick or sandstone or brick), 1 wood door, 2 chest, 1 furnace, 1 bed, 1 sign, 1 (wool or carpet)

can you not instead say something to the effect of any combination of 64 blocks of the following types: (and list out the allowable blocks only once)

Can't you just allow any of the building blocks to be used in each place? why do we need to limit what types of items the player can use?

can you not instead say something to the effect of any combination of 64 blocks of the following types: (and list out the allowable blocks only once)
I can, if that's what you want. I figured that having 2 independent sets would promote more creativity instead of just making one giant cobble box. Don't think that people won't do that. I've seen things .... @[email protected]

The other side of my argument is that people should be able to tell what kind of structure they are looking at.

ShadowRavynn

Maximum Supporter X
yes - that IS a nice feature to try and get ppl to be more creative :)

what if you then say something like...

48 of any type of building block + 16 of any OTHER complimentary block type?